Prokiller

2018 GT premium PP2 - The PP2BLU

Since we got the truck for the wife, i don't need to have an all-wheel drive 4-door sedan anymore.  I drive an hour each way to and from work, i need something to keep me engaged.  when i drive the truck in sometimes, by the 45 min mark, i'm just super ready to just be home or at work.  lastly, with my 3rd promotion in 3 years straight, i don't need to be in the office like i used to.  i can work from home whenever i want for the most part so if it's inclement weather, i just stay home.  so no threat of snow driving.

I wanted to get back into driving a sports/muscle car on the regular.  the infiniti had 300hp and was quite peppy but not the same thing.  i have absolutely no regrets about that car at all and would strongly recommend them to anyone interested...but its just not the same thing as a true sport/muscle car.  I really liked the new 2015 mustangs when they came out and even more with the 2018 changes.  i sat in a camaro and just can't see out of the damn thing.  and couldn't justify the boat of a challenger.  so in the end, i really want to get back into a mustang.

i already knew what color combo i wanted, just needed to decide on the add-ons and transmission.  I wanted a GT premium with the 401a package which gets you the new digital dash.  i also wanted to get the performance pack for the 6-piston brembos and such.  The dealer we went to didn't have a GT auto so we took out an ecoboost auto.  it didn't float my boat one bit.  i was really disappointed with the auto after all the reviews about how awesome it is.  took out a manual GT and was happy with it.  Now came in the problem, we go to talk about ordering one because there is nothing in the combo in the area at all.  so no big deal as i'm fine with waiting for the right car.  But the guy then sprung the performance pack 2 on me.  Sadly, i've been out of the loop on the media for these cars and had no idea about it.  But really liked the stuff it came with, just you have to get a manual which i was still on the fence about even though i didn't really like the auto.  i do hit traffic and a little leery of driving a manual as a DD with my commute. 

went home for the week and did some more research on the packages and such.  fast forward to this saturday and we went to a different dealer to drive one of their GT autos.  wow it's a world of a difference compared to the ecoboost.  i now see what all the fuss is about.  it's stupid fast shifting.  the paddle shifters do make it fun too.  then went to the dealer i was going to order from and took the manual out again.  the wife drove both this time and in the end agreed that the auto is great but if i really wanted a manual to not let the commute be an issue.  Which then allowed me to get the PP2 package which ultimately is one hell of a deal.  you get all the stuff from the PP1 pack, but it adds magnaride, 19x10.5 fronts and 19x11 rear wheels that i love.  also adds stiffer sway bars, and drops it about a 1/2in.  basically it was worth the $2500 up charge.  it in essence turns a GT into a boss302 without the intake swap.  

so after all that story time, i placed an order for a 2018 Mustang GT Premium w/ Performance Pack 2.  Lightning Blue exterior w/ Midnight Blue interior and the shaker pro audio system.  leadtime is 8-10 weeks to delivery.  now for pictures (from google searches) so you know what i'm talking about.

Lightning Blue: (this is with a PP1 pack.  spoiler and wheels are the things to note.)

2018-mustang-lightning-blue.jpg

30327405640_03849d4931_b.jpg

midnight blue interior: (notice all the blue stitching over everything and the blue tinge in the seat perforation)

2018-Mustang-Midnight-Blue-Premier-Trim-

this also has the PP1 pack on it, notice the center vent now turns into an oil pressure and vacuum gauge.  

e045a82183c75c04bb9466591d35f01bx.jpg?im

now for the PP2 stuff.  here's the wheels that will come on mine.  called dark tarnish stainless steel: (305/30-19s Michelin sport pilot cup 2 tires on all corners)

2018-Ford-Mustang-Performance-Pack-Level

comes with a front splitter:

mustang-performance-pack-level-24.jpg

and a "unique" spoiler:

pp-1508767711.jpg?crop=1.00xw:0.997xh;0,

no i don't like the spoiler very much.  i would much prefer the PP1 spoiler over this one, but it's always something i can switch out easily.  i'll probably do a GT350R one anyway.  the first thing i want to do though is get these two things:

https://www.americanmuscle.com/barton-short-shifter-2post-bracket-1516.html

https://www.americanmuscle.com/whiteline-positive-shift-kit-1114.html

the stock shifter is a little too slushy for me.

• Like 7

• Moderators

LOVE Lightning Blue!  Also love the GT350 spoiler.  Great choices!

Piece of advice from a S197 manual driver... The MT82 sucks.  I'm not even close to a "good" driver and I can tell how bad it is.  The clutch too.  It shares a reservoir with the brakes, so when your brakes warm up, the rubber line gets spongy the the pedal goes flaccid.  Don't bother with the Whiteline shifter.  Go straight to MGW and DO NOT pass go.  It made a world of difference.  I've yet to change to a stainless line, add a separate fluid reservoir or drop $1k on a decent clutch though.  45k miles in and my trans is whining in 1-2-3 gears (thankfully it's still under warranty).  I hit traffic almost everyday that almost makes me wish I'd gotten an automatic.

• Thanks 1

@Psychorugby did you install the whiteline bushing?  i got one for @Yeahloh95 for his 12 a while back and he said it really helped.

they did change the gearing for this year too to help with the breakage.  it's a lower gear ratio on 1st gear and 4th is now 1:1 rather than 5th like before.  supposedly will help with longevity.

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, Prokiller said:

@Psychorugby did you install the whiteline bushing?  i got one for @Yeahloh95 for his 12 a while back and he said it really helped.

they did change the gearing for this year too to help with the breakage.  it's a lower gear ratio on 1st gear and 4th is now 1:1 rather than 5th like before.  supposedly will help with longevity.

Nope.  Wife got me the MGW MT-82 Race Spec shift for my birthday.  Night and day difference.  It feels like a top mount shifter versus the stock floating POS.  I hope the gearing helps the longevity (it's still Chinese made junk).  Did they do anything with the clutch, line, and/or reservoir?

50 minutes ago, Psychorugby said:

Nope.  Wife got me the MGW MT-82 Race Spec shift for my birthday.  Night and day difference.  It feels like a top mount shifter versus the stock floating POS.  I hope the gearing helps the longevity (it's still Chinese made junk).  Did they do anything with the clutch, line, and/or reservoir?

not that i'm aware of on the line or reservoir, but the clutch is now a twin disc.  don't think it was before

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Prokiller said:

not that i'm aware of on the line or reservoir, but the clutch is now a twin disc.  don't think it was before

It was not. Hence I’m going to have to drop a ton of dough on it. Glad to hear you don’t have to worry about that! I’ve been shopping myself, but love the 13 so much. It’s nothing like a SN95!

cant wait to see it and I agree with the pp2 choice and really like the wheels and tires, the only shifting problems I have are above 7800 below that it goes right in

Edited by Yeahloh95

Good news is I got my VIN number last night.  bad news is the timeline....

my reactions in emojis as the call transpired:

:banana::angry::(:cryingani:

1FA6P8CF8J5170380

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

custom license plate or not?

BLU-YOTE

18GT-PP2

5OYOTE

BLUE PP2

BLU S550

BLU50GT

LIT BLUE

LITNG 50

TURNFST

BLU TWST

BLU TURN

BLU 302

BLU18GT

5 minutes ago, RedTwilight said:

How about

BLU-BY-U

can only have 1 dash or space.  and i tried just about every variation of that and they are all taken.

went into production FINALLY on wednesday.  still showing the delivery date of 6/20, but fingers crossed its sooner.

got the window sticker though:

Screenshot_20180517-205605_Drive

IT'S BUILT!!!

1FA6P8CF8J5170380(1)

here's hoping it doesn't take the estimated 20days to get here.  i would love to have it for the AM show on the 15th.

• Like 3

On 6/2/2018 at 10:22 AM, Evilcw311 said:

Wait?!?!  Didn’t she already have a drop top, plus the trans am, plus your sixxer ?!?

what went bye bye?!?

Lol she had the 2013 convertible and sold that.  She has the Trans Am and now the 2018 GT.  

I have the 2014 GT and the 2000 V6.

41648340115_b906e82677_k.jpg

Here is right before we left the dealership the other night.

Also, sorry to hijack!

• Like 1