Number Tew

Our 2018 Mustang GT - Lightning Blue W/ Black Appearance Package

Alright boys and girls, as I am sure you have heard through other posts, @Number Tews Boss Lady bought herself a 2018 GT.

Little background:

She sold the 2013 MCA, and was on the hunt for something more reliable than the Trans Am to daily drive.  Though, she could have probably gone with a 1978 Yugo and been just as well, she was searching for a Boss 302, or Mach/Cobra, something of the like.

She called one dealership on a red 2013 Boss, but they gave her the run around on the car.  When I called, they said it was still available.  When we called to schedule a drive, they said it was gone.

Another red 2013 Boss, the dealership took on trade without a good inspection.  They said it had too many issues for them to sell it to us (No cats, bad clutch, some sort of weird damage underneath, interior wrecked, etc.)

We checked out an 04 Mach.  After test driving it, I felt like something was wrong.  Sure enough, they said the motor was blown and could not sell it to us.

Common theme here I guess.

The lot that had the Mach had a Lightning Blue 2018 GT on the lot, but marked down significantly.  We inquired, and they acted weird about it.  "Um, you know that cost more than the Mach you were looking at right?" - that was almost enough to make us say piss off, but, we kept at it.

Test drove the car, loved it.

Basically, some old man built the car out to retire in, with the black appearance package (black roof, badges) that likely would not have been ordered.  He bought the car and brought it back hours later saying that he could not drive stick because of his hip, returned it and got something else.  Hence, the big discount.

I believe out the door it was $32k.

So, here is a pic of it at the lot the day she got it:

41648340115_b906e82677_k.jpg

First thing we did was the clutch pedal extender.  She made me do one in my 2014 as well.  This helps her get the clutch pushed all the way down.  It's a little weird at first but definitely makes it easier to get the clutch all the way down.

We dropped the car off at a Tint World shop that is local.  They did a phenomenal job by the way.

Basically, we wanted the car to be protected from everything because it will live outside and the Trans Am lives in the garage.  We only have two garage spots, it's only fair that we both get one :)

The Tint shop did the following:

35% on the front windows
15% on the back and rear windshield
70% on the front windshield - glass is already at 70% so this is basically clear, just helps to mitigate heat and protect the interior from some of the UV stuff.
Paint correction over the entire car
A full ceramic coat that is supposed to last 5 years.
A clear "self healing" film over the front bumper, entire hood, front fenders, a pillars and half the roof.  This should help with rock chips, etc.
Black vinyl over the mirrors to go along with the roof.

So, the car should now be much better protected from the sun and other elements.  I was blown away when I saw it.  Even brand new cars need paint correction, this was no exception.

She has a video to post of the whole process.

On the to-do list is hood struts and a delete panel for the trunk, basically just to debadge the rear.

And how could I forget, an MGW shifter of course.  I have one in the garage since a customer never paid for it.  So, that should be done quick.

Anyhow, she has the pics to post.  Thanks!

• Like 1

First things first, we had to get rid of the junk stock shifter in favor of an MGW.  I have a few side by side pics, I am sure you can tell which is the better unit.

42864240935_c8d971287f_z.jpg

42864240545_8b1b1751da_z.jpg

42864249695_db51cc3f7f_z.jpg

43720035712_c9af2b9342_z.jpg

42864249015_e0c203f8b3_z.jpg

Install is a little more difficult than on the S197, but I also did not remove the driveshaft like I typically do.  This shifter is WORLDS better than the original, feels so much more solid.

We also did a blackout panel on the back but I don’t have pics of it.

Still on the list is hood struts and she wants foot-well lighting.

Thanks for looking!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Det_Riot said:

Is an aftermarket shifter supposed to fix all of the issues with this gen MT82 or is the issue with their internal shift forks?

cars built before jan have the shift fork issue it has been fixed for the 19s for sure they added a gusset to them

1 hour ago, Yeahloh95 said:

cars built before jan have the shift fork issue it has been fixed for the 19s for sure they added a gusset to them

so mine doesn't have the problem since it was a late 18?

I've not heard of the issue, but I have to imagine this would help correct any problems.

@Prokiller - take a florida vacation and come feel this shifter.  Worth the trip, and you can do Florida stuff while you're here ;)

• Like 1

Yea, she might come in and post pics.  She has all of them.  Luckily she has a dash cam, you very clearly see this other lady just encroach into her lane, and she had nowhere to go.

I'd most definitely take some body damage over our latest discovery....something in the bottom end let go at ~650rw and 10 psi on the dyno. Less than pleased :cryingani:

• Sad 1