Venom351R

I need help deciding on a set of wheels.

I know for next year I'm going to need a new set of rear tires even w/ only driving it starting in a few weeks until nov. They will barley pass inspection now so I want to take the opportunity to step up to 18's and buy new tires all the way around. I just cant decide on what I really want for wheels. Brian has those black Saleens for sale that I keep looking at but idk how black wheels will look on my car either. So can you guys post up some pics of different wheels on 94/95s just so I can throw around other ideas, and any of some black saleens on a 94/95 :P. I really wanted a set of Roush RS3's but they no longer make them for the 94/95 and I really like the FR500's b/c they were rare on the 94/95's but now it seems like I see them more and more even though no one around here has any at all. I know I deff want 18's and I want 10.5 for the rear b/c I really like the wide stance from the back. I'm not in position to buy any wheels right now but I do want to figure out what I want to get when I am ready to.

You looking for the 1st gen, the 01-02 or the 03-04 style Roush 18s? I might be able to help track down a set.

1st gen: Rounded edges. Came in 18x8 and very rarely 18x9. Came with enough offset to sit flush with fenders front and rear.

Wheel2.jpg

95S3Passanger.jpg

2nd gen: Squared up, slight lip. 18x9 and 18x10. Offset on 18x10 kept the rears tucked a bit on the 99-04, and will rub on the 94-98 cars without some work on the inner fender well and possibly a 1" spacer (depending on tire size used).

DSC06187.jpg

3rd gen: Flattend spokes, slight lip, only came in chrome. 18x9 and 18x10. Same offset charateristics under the rear.

DougsOleBlue.jpg

Edited by LilRoush

anything 18X9.5 to 18X10.5. Looking hard again at the Steeda Ultra Lite II's. I had them on my 95GT and they were a killer set of wheels.

lilroush these are the ones Im talking about from Roush. http://www.roushperformance.com/parts/Mustang-18-Inch-Wheel-Chrome-2005-2012.html but they do not have them listed for the 94's anymore. Ive found them used on ebay but I'm not buying used wheels off ebay. Page 70 of the oct issue of 5.0 Mustang has a green fox with those wheels on it. They dont have the car on their web page though.

Edited by Venom351R

lilroush these are the ones Im talking about from Roush. http://www.roushperformance.com/parts/Mustang-18-Inch-Wheel-Chrome-2005-2012.html but they do not have them listed for the 94's anymore. Ive found them used on ebay but I'm not buying used wheels off ebay. Page 70 of the oct issue of 5.0 Mustang has a green fox with those wheels on it. They dont have the car on their web page though.

Those only came in S197 offset, so you could do it with spacers to get them out where they should be. The only wheels made for the SN95s are the first 3 generations. They also made two types of 17" wheel, but both were ugly as all get out and weighed too much.

Brian - Here's a set of three 18x9 Argent: http://www.fnsweet.com/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=1418&title=18x9-roush-argent-wheels-silver&cat=17

And there was a set of three Chrome versions on Miami's CL this weekend, but I can't find them now.

If I got those I would keep them as is. I just want to get a set and take them out of the box and mount them. I really wanted the original FR500's but there are two issues, they are only 18X9 wheels and the originals are next to impossible to find anymore.

It baffles me why people sell three wheels.... There was a local set of chrome Roush wheels I was going to purchase but the seller only three as well.

Unless all four are available I'm not interested. Thank you for the lead though Matt. I really appreciate it.

Back to not jacking the thread.... I understand what you mean Trav. I was hesitant and obviously did not go through with stripping and powder coating the Saleen wheels.

Those are really nice wheels but I just dont think the black flows well with my car. I need either a satin, polished or chrome wheel. If the Roush ones would work with spacers that is an option. I just want something different

Yeah I think I do Tony, there are a lot of nice non OEM wheels out there but it does not really go with what I want with the look of the car. Ford Racing, Saleen, Roush, Steeda or something along those lines. I did check with Jess on her FR500's and they are not the originals. If I can live with having a 18X9 wheel I know where I can get a set of the originals just depends on how wide of a tire I can put on a 9" rim. I think I could get away with a 295 w/ out to much bulge. The other thing comes down to cost, those Roush wheels on the blue car up above are for the cheapest Ive seen at $376 a wheel, the knock of chrome FR500's are $169 each while the originals are just over $200. The Steeda wheels are also not cheap and along the lines of the Roush wheels. The Steeda Ultra lite II's are a 18x9.5 wheel but what bothers me about the Roush ones is they only seem to be 18X10, I dont know if I want to run a 10'" wide wheel on the front, a 9.5"is fine b/c Ive always run a 9" wheel on the front with a wider wheel on the back.

Edited by Venom351R

I have an extra set of the original style 18s (like on the blue car) if you wanna kick me an offer. I had been holding onto them in case I ever sold the black car and wanted to have original wheels on it in stead of the newer style.

Here's a black set of S917 Roush wheels. $1100 (shown on a new edge so you can see fitment). I think they are posted on that 'other' SN95 site as well.

http://www.fnsweet.com/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=1303&title=black-18x10-2f8-5-27s&cat=17

well I could give you an offer but its nothing I could seriously do right now. I still have a $1,000 + Shop bill plus the tune to do on the car in the next week and a half. Probably not until oct or tax return time would I be able to pull the trigger on a set of wheels. Can you post up a pic of the wheels you do have?

Here is now the Steeda Ultra lite II's looked on my 95GT

saleenwheels.jpg

current.jpg

IMG_0189.jpg

515179968_l.jpg

They look awesome on that foxbody in the new issue of the 5.0 mag. How much of a spacer would I need for those to fit? Right now I have a 1/2" spacer on the front but was thinking of moving those to the rear ( for the track only ) and running 3/8" spacers in the front. Also would I have to roll the fenders on the rear to get those to fit? With the 17X10.5 wheels it has now it almost sits flush with the fender

Edited by Venom351R

Oh I thought you meant the bottom blue one, I do like those ones quite a bit. I like both the ultra light and the ultra lite II's. The II's only used to be in a 17" wheel but you can now get them in an 18 from what I have seen.

Yeah I think I do Tony, there are a lot of nice non OEM wheels out there but it does not really go with what I want with the look of the car. Ford Racing, Saleen, Roush, Steeda or something along those lines. I did check with Jess on her FR500's and they are not the originals. If I can live with having a 18X9 wheel I know where I can get a set of the originals just depends on how wide of a tire I can put on a 9" rim. I think I could get away with a 295 w/ out to much bulge. The other thing comes down to cost, those Roush wheels on the blue car up above are for the cheapest Ive seen at $376 a wheel, the knock of chrome FR500's are $169 each while the originals are just over $200. The Steeda wheels are also not cheap and along the lines of the Roush wheels. The Steeda Ultra lite II's are a 18x9.5 wheel but what bothers me about the Roush ones is they only seem to be 18X10, I dont know if I want to run a 10'" wide wheel on the front, a 9.5"is fine b/c Ive always run a 9" wheel on the front with a wider wheel on the back.

Trav buy any oem wheel you want and dont worry so much about the width. You can just have weld craft widen them.

Trav buy any oem wheel you want and dont worry so much about the width. You can just have weld craft widen them.

Only to the rear though, so if you want to add a bunch, make sure you're aware of their backspacing because you might need to run a spacer

Only to the rear though, so if you want to add a bunch, make sure you're aware of their backspacing because you might need to run a spacer

Good point, I should have pointed that out either way hes only looking at an 1'' wider than the typical rim he should be fine. Worst case he needs a spacer no biggie.

I know...

With the wheels I want plus the tires it comes out to $1,600 with most of the cost coming from the tires. 265/35/18 Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Specs for the front and 295/45/18 Nitto NT05's for the rear. I really want the Ford Racing center caps but they are $50 a pop so I think for the time being once I get everything I'll reuse my Cobra R center caps I have now.

well if you wanted to do a straight up trade trade, my Cobra R's for your saleens Id do that. Probably wont be able to pull it of until after the car is up for the winter though. The wheels are not 100% perfect there are some blemish's mostly just cracks in the clear coat around the lug holes but no curb rash on any of them. I'll send you some detailed pics once I get the car back hopefully next week. Id even leave the KDW2's on the front ones, still a lot of nice tread left on those. The rears are all done though just enough to pass inspection then when I put it up for the winter I'm going to finish them off, will make for a nice video :)

Also are those the real saleens or the replica ones like on American Muscle?

Edited by Venom351R

Ok sounds good. Looking forward to seeing the close ups.

They are reps like everyone else's haha. You'll be hard pressed to find some real ones. I don't know if they even came in black from Saleen. I don't know a ton about Saleen.

Sent from Mobile

Yeah me either. They are probably discontinued like the entire line of Ford Racing Wheels lol. After all this is done I may spill the beans on where to get those original FR500's that are out there since I will not need them once I get a set of rims. Only reason I'm thinking I don't want them now is b/c they only come in 18X9 and the only full set is in chrome. There are 5 chrome wheels left and one silver in the whole country. But for now I'm just going to keep that little bit of info in my back pocket.

I like the silver FR500's the best out of any of them, I just think they look so bad ass on a Red Mustang.

WiresHDR.jpg

DSC_0083.jpg

b667347e.jpg

aabuf8lg.jpg

I did the Wheel Replica FR500's, ordered through CJPonyParts.com. It was very difficult finding a vendor that actually sold the silver FR500's. They were ordered for my Capri, but they are residing (temporarily) on my Cobra.

(2) 18x9 & (2) 18x10 wheels - $597 - CJPonyParts.com

(2) 275/35ZR18 & (2) 285/35ZR18 - $650 - TireRack.com

mount & balance - $100 - NTB

You just can't go wrong with the silver FR500's, even if they are replica wheels. My Cobra had authentic Cobra R's on it, and with the cost of replica Cobra R's, no one wants to purchase a set of authentic wheels.

On the Cobra:

100_3917.jpg

On the Capri:

100_5750.jpg