Tony

wheel question??

I used to run 05+ gt wheels on my 96V6 with no spacers and they worked fine but there also only 17x8s Fronts slightly rubbed the front sway bar when turned lock to lock. I then moved to a 1.5" rear spacer for the rear to put them flush as a 10.5 would sit. The fronts were fine but I still ran a 1/4" slip on spacer.

Heads up and ass kickin! Using Tapatalk 2

yarp. 1 1/4" spacer. the offset forces the wheel in too far.
i have 1 1/4" rear spacers now, with a 10" wheel for 05-10 would that space me out enough ya guys think?

i have 1 1/4" rear spacers now, with a 10" wheel for 05-10 would that space me out enough ya guys think?

i took the spacers that Ferocious is currently running off a car in the JY that had 05-09 wheels. Those spacers are 1 1/4" and they looked like the car was a damn honda insight.

i took the spacers that Ferocious is currently running off a car in the JY that had 05-09 wheels. Those spacers are 1 1/4" and they looked like the car was a damn honda insight.
so are you saying that even with 1 1/4" spacers they may still sit in?

05-09 rims have the completely wrong offset for our cars.

IuNXf.jpg

Maybe a 1.5" or 2" spacer will do the trick, but thats massive.

eewwwwww! yea no shit lol. thats weird! complete opposite of what i would think they would fit like haha. never mind that idea. still hunting for a wheel other then the ccw's just in case i really cant get rid of these 20's. seen a few wheels i like for the 05's but that's the opposite look i want lol. tall skinny sitting way up in....YUCK!

I wish I had never seen the picture of that silver Stang, no offense to anyone.
haha, you and me both onyx, and i know you think i absolutely despise your saleens and actually i dont. my comments on the other forum were simply about seeing some different wheels other than oem style wheels. i can see saleens lookin great on my car too and i may end up with some TBH! kinda diggin this look

Untitled-35-1.jpg

fully shaved and wingless on saleens?!?

Untitled-40-1-1.jpg

i have absolutely no way to photoshop correctly lol.....but ya get the idea :) i like saleen wheels, especially after seeing dutch's cobra. nice looking clean desing...

Edited by tony

Out of the two you posted I like the first one the most. I think with your setup you need some sort of spoiler, as said in the other thread. I think a T1 would flow perfectly.

For my personal taste I am not a fan of the shaved door handles look. Just not my thing.

It's weird though because those Saleens look HUGE compared to others. Maybe it's just the picture that was used or something. Are you no longer planning on running a larger sidewall?

My blue v6 was identical to that silver car a few years ago, same wheeels and all but the wheels sat hella flush lol. Now I have 05+ bullitt style wheels on it with the same retarted b.s but the spacers make it look half decent with 275s rear and 245 fronts...

post-74-13881836538489_thumb.jpg

post-74-13881836538904_thumb.jpg

Out of the two you posted I like the first one the most. I think with your setup you need some sort of spoiler, as said in the other thread. I think a T1 would flow perfectly.

For my personal taste I am not a fan of the shaved door handles look. Just not my thing.

It's weird though because those Saleens look HUGE compared to others. Maybe it's just the picture that was used or something. Are you no longer planning on running a larger sidewall?

yea the saleens are from a huge pic of a dsg sn, so they are big! you can only do so much on photobucket, lol.

but i am 100% going with 18's. this pic was a while ago when i was debating wingless. i already bought a xenon wing a while ago and i'm prolly gonna do some trunk shaving this winter (emblems, license plate seem, 4 holes) and then getting the wing and trunk painted.

the wheels i was looking at were TSW wheels that come staggered in 18's but only for s197's. at the time i wasnt sure what was up with the backspacing on s197's. but i like staggered saleens and i now with my fn HELLA DROP i def will need a decent sidewall w/o having too tall of a tire.

heres a pic of the s197 with the wheels i was looking at:

332368_10150996629825311_662505310_21698534_781458191_o.jpg

Edited by tony

^ looks like the CCW's I wanted for my car! & alot nicer then whats on the vert now IMO.

ya think? how the hell do ya do the polls? thanx btw detroit for the photoshop....

edit: just noticed ya shaved my handles lol...nice

lol, i like the handles shaved. looks fuckin clean! i already posted a thread on which wheels. i bet everyone says the ccw's lol. gotta get rid of this fn wing to really see how it looks.