Knuckles

New Whip

Well as I stated in another thread I sold the Capri to a friend hes dropping his 460 in it, I kept my 5.0 and am still building it for something not sure what yet though. I did get a new car today though its the second of these that Ive owned but its finally in the color I wanted WHITE!

2012-09-01_162921.jpg

its pretty dirty in the pic I had just got her home im gonna go threw it and really get her clean exterior wise. I got it for a steal but like most bargains I have a few trhings to deal with nothing serious though and everything I have the parts for already. Im gonna be redoing the interior and using my Corbeaus Forzas in it. Its already got a cat back and sounds fairly beefy the thing pulls like a raped ape will be fun hurting feelings again in a SHO. Anyways more pics like tomm.:cool-smiley-009:

Knuckles

yea i heard the sho's were pretty quick. never drove one or even been in one though, lol. ya never see a taurus done up at all really. there like comparable to the caprice for chevy kinda. see those done up everywhere

3.2l engine designed by yamaha for ford, they put out 220 HP stock. There definetely torquey as hell as well. Im not looking to make it into something real fast maybe just an intake and finish up a full exhaust. Im gonna get some wheels I just found that are sparcos they arent out yet though.

Looks great; I've always wanted to drive a sho lol. A buddy used to have one; I think it was a v8 though? Isn't there a v6 and v8? Or maybe he swapped in a v8. You will surprise the crap out of people that's forsure! Haven't seen one of these in years lol.

the first and second gen had v6s then ford put a 3.4 v8 in the gen 3. now there back toa v6 in gen 4 with twin turbos though my girl is looking at one as a family car as well.

@joekd yeh its ATX i owned a red 93 when I was 16 for 2 years I daily drove it my best friends DD was a 95 Green one we both had Mustangs we raced and SHOs we DDed. I like the car the blend of sport and confort is cool to me. If I was a single guy with no family clearly my DD woulda been the Capri all guted caged and a one seat but I do have to make "sacrifices" to accomodate my baby girl both of them. I think the biggest surprise is the Honda owners IMHO especially the kids with the b16s and d16s that think they can move out in a hatch with exhaust and a Megan racing header. This car will def put a hurting on them. But I need it to get decent gas mileage and stay outta trouble with the law this time as my license was gone for 6 years. I still plan on picking up something else to work on and put that budget 5,0 I had its just a matter of time.....I actually know a guyw ith a white Capri RS with no motor hmmmmmmm. LOL Cobra first then Ill play with the 5.0 again.

Knuckles

@joekd yeh its ATX

As soon as you said 3.2 it meant it was either ATX or a motor swap and why anyone would swap in a 3.2 is beyond me

Even with over 100K on it and nothing more than a K&N filter my old SHO could easily burn the fronts through 1st and 2nd gears simply by flooring it from a dead stop

i actually dont know what to do know with these eats i found how much they actually sell for since they are new and are the REAL JDM Bride Zeig 3s they are 900 a pop from bride. A part of me wants to keep them but I wont lie they are a bit tight on my hips and the old lady would want more confy seats. Hell if I sold them for 900 or so for both I could get some nice recaros or sparcos.....decisions......

yeh it sucked but at the same time the route i was going with the capri wasnt going to do me any favors, it woulda been i guess a fun street car but it woulda been mostly a drag car at heart and trouble would have ensued im sure or else just not really racing it or vice versa with the cobra. and i honestly needed a "tame" car to drive my daughter with. I still have the 302 that i was building so thatll eventually make its way into something just dont know what hmm maybe a nice fairmont 4 eye.... either way the capri went to a friend so im good with it thing is gonna haul ass with the beefy 460 hes dropping in on bottle itll be running 9s 100%. also ill get to drive it still at the track and street cause he lives like 3 blocks away so its all good.

2012-09-10_102017.jpg

2012-09-10_102818.jpg

this isnt all ive bought but ive spent close to 500 on the sho this week. all new suspension including shocks and struts all around they are all coil overs from factory. intake manifold gaskets cause im pulling it off to do some light porting and also gonna paint it, spark plug wires spark plugs, cone filter a new serpentine and power steering pulley as well as a brake upgrade to the 96-99 SHO brakes which were 11.6" rotors. Ill be painting my calipers as well. im getting the cash together to get some wheels as well. These have yet to hot america yet they come out next month so i have until to save!

sparco_terra_w_ci3_l.jpg

soooo much rally flavaaaaaa, OZ is making these rims for Sparco they are lightweight and VERY affordable the 16x7s which ill be getting is 512 to my door for all 4!!! Anyways im super stoked over this car if you peeps cant tell. Its almost exactly what I wanted for a DD at this moment in my life, the cobra going under the knife soon to finish the SHO looking sexy and hopefully get a roller of something to put my 302 into. Life is good atm gents.

Knuckles

got my cobreau bracket for the SHO today,

2012-09-12_215455.jpg

im real happy were it sits you and how tall and everything is, I was a bit worried as well its a taurus and although ive been in a million mustangs this is the first sho with a bucket ive been in. so all in all winning right now need one for the passenger seat and im set to go.