Tony

best way to get 300HP??

i know this is a pretty general question with no real direction on what kind of mod i wanna do. i just want to know what the best way to reach around 300 horse. with parts and LABOR cost involved also? these threads get so technical that i honestly get lost trying to follow them , lol! just throw me some options. maybe about 3 grand and under?? thanks

i have an acufab throttle body and plenum with a 70mm spacer already and tbh i didnt really notice much. better throttle response is about it...i'm gonna google a pi swap and see how technical that is to diy.

i read a write up on stangnet on a pi swap and i dont think i could do that myself. alot of shit involved according to the write up. what would i have in labor ya think at a shop to swap heads?

It all depends on where you live and how much they charge around your area. I honestly say to do it yourself and if you get stuck on anything you can call me at anytime of the day and I will walk you through everything. You will save yourself a lot of money.

To answer your question, I live in an area where they call "GM world" so everyone who can do a PI Swap charges around 650 to 700. I do it for 450 and get it done in a couple of hours.

a couple hours? i'd be all kinds of stuck on shit. never swapped heads and never installed cams. i can do any kind of bolt on like any average person but thats as far as i can go. your not anywhere near ohio are ya?

tony if you are like me and think its just a little more then you know to do, check for local mustang clubs in your area. I found a guy in my club that had been building motors for ever as a mechanic and has an 900 hp fox that was happy to do it and had done it a 100 times already.

Yeah dude, remove the valve covers, coil packs, rails, intake manifold, timing cover, crank pulley, remove heads, clean the block up a bit, install gaskets, install exhaust manifolds, install heads (With bolts already in to make the job 100x easier), install cams, torque everything down using Ford Specs, clock the cams, change oil (Coolant will go inside the block so make sure you change it), fire her up. I want to say maybe 6 hours or so.

Here is my how to. It starts after the heads have been installed.

http://www.sn95source.com/showthread.php?854-How-To-Cam-Install-on-2v-(D-to-D)

If money is not an issue, buy a vortech kit or something similar make well over 300 and its easy bolt on stuff... Or spend $350-500 and pick up a brand new nitrous kit and hit it with a 75 shot?

Heads up and ass kickin! Using Tapatalk 2

SPRAY!!!!!!!!!!!! lol cheapest and fastest way ...also pretty safe, get a sct 4 position and a wet kit .....window switch fpss bottle heater etc get a custom tune

Tony, I know doing a head swap seems intimidating but if you find a good enough write up, it really isn't that hard. I had zero mechanical experience before I did my head cam intake swap and it took a whole bunch of courage but I finally got it done!

Tony, I know doing a head swap seems intimidating but if you find a good enough write up, it really isn't that hard. I had zero mechanical experience before I did my head cam intake swap and it took a whole bunch of courage but I finally got it done!

:thumbsup:

Next time I do a PI swap, I will make sure to do a detailed write up just like my Cam Swap write up on here.

If you were closer by I would take care of you on the PI swap! PI swap will defn. get you the power you want along with a set of long tubes. Do you have a gear in the car now?
yea i replaced the ring & pinion last winter. 373's

i think my biggest issue with doing a pi swap is honestly the terminology, lmao! i get directions from seasoned pi swappers saying shit like make sure you clock your cams, lol. i know what a clock is, and i know what a cam is. no idea what the fuck clocking a cam means at all. do you smack the cam with a clock? wtf does that even mean?

google PI swap write up. There are several good ones out there but I don't want to post links to other forums here.

You and a buddy can do the swap in your driveway over a weekend if your slow and 3/4 drunk.

As long as you have all the parts needed before you start you could do this with no issues.

Adding a base package blower on an all stock NPI would most likely not even get you 300 rwhp. When we were all newbs with these 2V's and experimenting it was very common to see blown NPI's @ 280rwhp. The PI Intake swaps are what opened things up for the 2V NPI's and boost.

cool thanks morten...wondered where that write up was, lol. if i tear my heads off this winter you guys better not fuggin bail out on me when i am crying like a little girl about what a mess i got myself into, lmao! i dont mind attempting it myself simply cause i can usually figure out stuff that i really want to figure out.

cool thanks morten...wondered where that write up was, lol. if i tear my heads off this winter you guys better not fuggin bail out on me when i am crying like a little girl about what a mess i got myself into, lmao! i dont mind attempting it myself simply cause i can usually figure out stuff that i really want to figure out.

Like I said earlier, if you get stuck on anything, just give me a call at (956) 310 - 8184. I've spent hours with people on the phone helping them out on more complicated stuff than a PI swap.

You'll be ok, plus I'm only about an hour away lol..

Sent from my iPhone

haha, i forgot abut you forcefed. you shouldnt have told me that dude i will show up at ur fuggin house with a milk crate full of bolts and shit, lol. i'm kiddin dude but if ya wanna make a little extra $$ this fall/winter. and i'll even do the work. just pay ya for you to baby sit me so i dont completely destroy my motor, lol.

Like I said earlier, if you get stuck on anything, just give me a call at (956) 310 - 8184. I've spent hours with people on the phone helping them out on more complicated stuff than a PI swap.
that is super cool dude that you would do that. really appreciate it. so it's more to buy a whole kit for a pi swap than piece by piece? prolly way easier though than trying to piece all of it together right? worth it maybe for me to just get a kit???

If ForceFed is that close I would highly recommend taking advantage of his knowledge and skills. I would see if he could build you a turbo kit for a good price. You'll definitely seen some huge gains for that.
haha, yea that is true. on the other forum i used to troll all his threads when he talked about his turbo or any motor related shit.

As for the PI swap parts wise, you can find the entire swap for relatively cheap used. Piecing it together might even save you a few extra dollars. I wouldn't spend the money on Patriot heads or anything like that. Definitely go used to save money and if the heads need a little work that shouldn't be too expensive. Either way your coming out ahead. Just make sure you get new and quality gaskets and ARP bolts. Do those things right.

yea i figured i would be better off not reusing any gaskets. and def ARP bolts. i dont really mind buying a whole new kit rather than trying to find all the parts used somewhere. just easier when ya really dont know what to look at with used heads. i could buy used heads and show up at forcefeds house and he slaps the shit outta me for buying junk, lol. i would have no clue..

As for the PI swap parts wise, you can find the entire swap for relatively cheap used. Piecing it together might even save you a few extra dollars. I wouldn't spend the money on Patriot heads or anything like that. Definitely go used to save money and if the heads need a little work that shouldn't be too expensive. Either way your coming out ahead. Just make sure you get new and quality gaskets and ARP bolts. Do those things right.
aw wait your saying used pi swap parts would prolly be all together already usually?

What I meant was that there are people out there who are selling PI parts and you can find some where they are selling the entire list of parts needed for the swap or you might be able to find them piece by piece. Either way is a good idea to consider.

As for what parts you need there are write ups that have the full list of everything needed and just post up what you find etc and we can give you a hand with making sure you don't get things you don't need.

aw wait your saying used pi swap parts would prolly be all together already usually?

If you salvage them off a PI motor then yes... most of what you need it there.

I would take the time to piece everything together. I spent less than $300 on the heads, cams, intake, and new valve covers for mine.