Tony

good & bad points of N20??

$100?? Are you filling 2/3 bottles??? Its $30 a fill here...

Heads up and ass kickin! Using Tapatalk 2

The price varies a lot from what ive seenl but thats really cheap....theres not many places to fill up here so people end up paying like 7.50 -8 bucks a lb....or 80 a bottle, and 30, 50, 80, w/e, its the point that you keep spending money over and over and over and over to fill that bottle and eventually it will cost you more than a blower setup.

Edited by justinschmidt1

A PIintake will help but maybe be a 15/20 hp increase if that, if your keeping the npi heads as they flow just about as good as the npi intake. The PIintake is a direct bolt on but you have to rtv the coolant ports and let it sit overnight to set up becaust the npi/pi coolant ports are different.... On a side note I have slowed down on PI intake sales, but if you want one and pre pay I can get you one with aluminum crossover for $100 shipped another $15 and I can drill/tap crossover for the 2nd temp sensor the npi cars use...

Yea, NA, but add 10 psi and the gains are a lot larger, ive seen the results, I dont just make numbers up, im pretty sure Mike, aka 97stanger did a before/after NPI intake with his vortech setup and picked up like 35-40 rwhp~

No offense to anyone on here, but I'm not used to driving a "stock" vehicle. I had a built and balanced 306 in my 85 GT, it made 393hp @ 6400rpm on the engine dyno. With a 150hp shot, it was fun to play with, but I didn't NEED it for anything but to go faster. Grudge matches, shit like that.

My Cobra is stock, and it's not quick. Being that it's a daily driver that sees anywhere from 50-120 miles in a single days travels, it won't see nitrous. For someone that is happy with how their car performs on the street, but wants more power when at the track, Nitrous is where it's at. If you spend all your time purging it (wasting it by showing off) and using it on the streets where it's not needed, then obviously you don't need nitrous :)

Rob

Justin, its like $40/$70 bucks on average and who gives a flyin f how much power you can make with boost when tony is just wanting to do the intake and nothing else? Just trying to give more real life numbers/answers and not stretched what if answers...

Justin, its like $40/$70 bucks on average and who gives a flyin f how much power you can make with boost when tony is just wanting to do the intake and nothing else? Just trying to give more real life numbers/answers and not stretched what if answers...

looking for a way to gain pretty substantial HP, and just wondered the downside of nitrous??

The hell are you talking about dude....Tony has been kicking around ideas on gaining power, power adders, PI swap, etc.

Ive talked to him about doing a vortech, he is looking to do more than just an intake.

And I thought you were saying he would only gain 10-15 hp with a blower....

And like I said, its not the matter of 40 or 70 dollars, its the fact that you will be refilling that damn thing and spending 50 dollars every week if you use the spray a lot...even every other week turns into 1500 dollars a year, add that cost to the cost of the nitrous setup and you have enough cash to just do a vortech setup

Just seems like a waste to me, buy a vortech and be done with it.

Edited by justinschmidt1

i agree with ya justin. never really said i was set on nitrous just after looking into it it seemed like something i could do myself (installation wise). but really seems like a vortech with a head swap and intake would make more sense and you guys should chill with the constant penis measuring gay shit, lol. i have no problem admitting i dont know alot of shit and my peter is the biggest here! hands down! ask jason.....

Edited by tony

I've had nitrous, I've had a roots style supercharger, and I've had a turbo. I've never had a centrifugal, so that's probably what my Capri will end up with. I've been looking at Paxtons carb kit, just so there's not much else I have to buy and make work. Not like the car has to be daily driven and a tame street car. It just needs to be streetable.

Its true. Tony's pretty tiny. :) One day ill go S/C or Turbo when i build the new motor. But i might still keep the Nitrous aswell. Theres just something about hitting that button and seeing the world fly by in a hurry. lol

I vote for the name change from tony to tiny. Anyone 2nd that?

Justin, you assumed I was talking about boost numbers, most of your usless post are based on an assumptions. Your always right and the world is wrong. My bad for adding my .02 to this thread... Tony good luck either way you decide to go, if you have any questions about anything just PM justin...

lol, we are all adults fellas. fuckin arguing over dumb shit, lol. def no testosterone shortage up in here, lol. ya both have crazy knowledge and i would listen to the both of you for advice. so check the egos that shit gets fn annoying.

anyway if i ran n20 i would prolly not get as much use out of it as most so the refill cost wont be too much of an issue. it's just the thought of only really using it when dedicated to a race or track thing to me. boosting and swapping heads is constantly there like onyx said earlier and thats a good point. be more useful to me so i'll prolly go that route.

so maybe a lockdown would be cool :) got all the info i need really on nitrous. seriously though thanks fellas. appreciate it

thanks rob. and do i dare ask, what is a centrifugal, lol? i know this comes off crazy to you seasoned mustang vets. i am learning a little at a time bout sn's. i actually love them now but honestly never had an interest till recently. me joining a forum was purdy smart i think, lol.

a centrifugal is a belt driven supercharger like a Paxton, Novi, Vortech, etc. Basically a turbo as it shares a similar design and compressor wheel style, but instead of exhaust you use the crank and a belt. A roots/screw type is what is found on the '03-'04 Cobra's and '99-'04 Lightnings. Then the obvious turbo :)

Each has their Pro's and Con's, and ultimately, it's up to you to decide how much you are willing to spend, and what kind of power you want to make.

a centrifugal is a belt driven supercharger like a Paxton, Novi, Vortech, etc. Basically a turbo as it shares a similar design and compressor wheel style, but instead of exhaust you use the crank and a belt. A roots/screw type is what is found on the '03-'04 Cobra's and '99-'04 Lightnings. Then the obvious turbo :)

Each has their Pro's and Con's, and ultimately, it's up to you to decide how much you are willing to spend, and what kind of power you want to make.

I thought all superchargers were belt drive, where all turbo's are exhaust driven?

I thought all superchargers were belt drive, where all turbo's are exhaust driven?

Yes, this is true, but there are different types of superchargers. I think if a centrifugal supercharger as a turbo with the exhaust portion chopped off and modified for use with a belt. While this is not true, they do both look similar enough that it helps make the analogy.

I know this isn't automotive related, but there were some supercharged airplanes, back in the day, and I don't think they were belt driven. I'll have to look that up.

Justin, you assumed I was talking about boost numbers, most of your usless post are based on an assumptions. Your always right and the world is wrong. My bad for adding my .02 to this thread... Tony good luck either way you decide to go, if you have any questions about anything just PM justin...

Yea, because I was the only one who mentioned anything about a PI intake?....I said vortech and PI intake and you will be set, 40-50 hp gains with pi intake and boost...you responded to that saying the pi intake was only worth 15-20 hp and since I was the only one who mentioned a PI intake and higher HP figures it sure seemed like you were replying to me...seems logical but w/e, maybe you meant NA which is understandable.

It's you're and my "assumptions" are 100% backed up by personal experience and things that have been proven in the past.

Seems like your posts are more useless than mine, trying to sell shit in a non for sale thread, claiming $30 dollar nitrous fill ups then later it changes to $40-$70. The only reason you posted 30 was to attempt to discredit my post Mr. Troll.

Anyways, really don't care but it sure seems like you go out of your way to troll me.

As cool as nitrous may be it will always seem stupid to me on a street car.

Edited by justinschmidt1

I agree.

Centris are basically belt driven turbos in my mind.

And exactly, each has pros/cons

Vortech just stands out to me because its a very simple, cheap, and reliable setup.

Turbos are a pain in the ass/expensive and the PD setups are expensive

so justin one more time, lol. you said pi intake and vortech i should get 35-40 hp gains??

Im saying if you take your car, put a vortech on it with X pulley and make 300 rwhp then throw a PI intake on it it will lay down 330-350 rwhp.

The NPI intake is a massive restriction especially with boost and especially with a blower that makes more boost with higher RPMS.

Ive actually seen someone do this exact test in the past and pick up 35 rwhp IIRC. It may have been Mike, I forget.

The PI intake will gain that power on top of whatever it already makes with the vortech.

You may make 190 rwhp now, with a vortech and 10 psi it may be 300 rwhp, with a vortech and 10 psi + pi intake it may be 340 rwhp.

Shit, I even managed to go from peak of 384 rwhp to 440 rwhp with my vortech setup switching from a PI intake to the eddy victor jr....thats 56 rwhp peak with just an intake swap. Ive seen guys pick up 80 Rwhp from blower cams.

Cam/intake/heads make dramatic differences when you're boosted

Edited by justinschmidt1

Yea, because I was the only one who mentioned anything about a PI intake?....I said vortech and PI intake and you will be set, 40-50 hp gains with pi intake and boost...you responded to that saying the pi intake was only worth 15-20 hp and since I was the only one who mentioned a PI intake and higher HP figures it sure seemed like you were replying to me...seems logical but w/e, maybe you meant NA which is understandable.

It's you're and my "assumptions" are 100% backed up by personal experience and things that have been proven in the past.

Seems like your posts are more useless than mine, trying to sell shit in a non for sale thread, claiming $30 dollar nitrous fill ups then later it changes to $40-$70. The only reason you posted 30 was to attempt to discredit my post Mr. Troll.

As cool as nitrous may be it will always seem stupid to me on a street car.

and this is why many people have lost thousands of dollars to "street cars with nitrous"

dont get me wrong boost is nice, but i dont need more than 400hp on a weekend warrior, wifey date car, car that i take on long cruises.......but if i do a 150-????? hit makes up for it.

in tony's case a supercharger is the way to go, bumps up his non pi car to a respectable level, and he can chrome and polish all that for his shows.

and this is why many people have lost thousands of dollars to "street cars with nitrous"

dont get me wrong boost is nice, but i dont need more than 400hp on a weekend warrior, wifey date car, car that i take on long cruises.......but if i do a 150-????? hit makes up for it.

in tony's case a supercharger is the way to go, bumps up his non pi car to a respectable level, and he can chrome and polish all that for his shows.

I guess that may be true, I dont really street race at all and I damn sure dont street race for money....soooo dont really care about the retards who do. lol

Im talking about normal people that just enjoy their cars, not fast and the furious ricers racing for money on the street.

However I dont see how that is any different than just lying...for example, I could say I have a stock bottom end and run 6 psi and only make 350 hp...but easily turn my boost controller up to 20 psi and make 600 rwhp in 5 seconds.

For a street car I like being able to put my foot down and just having 500+ hp on tap, all the time.

Dont wanna have to hook up a bottle, heat up some nitrous, purge, then spray to get past grandma on a back road.

With a turbo you can have a 400 hp car and a 600 hp car all the time.

Edited by justinschmidt1

lol fast & furious......dude im talking about the real street racers, older guys who also go to the track. they are the ones who ask for boards to not light up on their passes:whistle:

calling them retards and f&f is a bit ignorant....its been going on since the 50's.

its the under 25 crowd/generation for the most part that messed up the "real" street activities. no offense to any on here doing it right.......

lol fast & furious......dude im talking about the real street racers, older guys who also go to the track. they are the ones who ask for boards to not light up on their passes:whistle:

calling them retards and f&f is a bit ignorant....its been going on since the 50's.

its the under 25 crowd/generation for the most part that messed up the "real" street activities. no offense to any on here doing it right.......

Its not 1950 anymore.

I wish we could street race like the 50s, 60s, 70s but its just not the same world.

Those guys have straight drag cars that they happen to drive on the street. Most of these old heads will trailer those cars to a street race. Hardly street cars anyway.

Edited by justinschmidt1

I've heard that law about the bottle being hooked up a bunch here to but I've been pulled Over and had my car searched and they said they don't care. I was freaking out the one day the cop saw all the switches on the dash.everyones covered the safety precautions to take. You should enjoy some juice on there