Tony

good & bad points of N20??

If they street race in this day and age they are ignorant retards. Period. Its not 1950 anymore.

I wish we could street race like the 50s, 60s, 70s but its just not the same world.

Those guys have straight drag cars that they happen to drive on the street. Most of these old heads will trailer those cars to a street race. Hardly street cars anyway.

:violin: your opinion........everybodies got one, kinda like assholes.

lol fast & furious......dude im talking about the real street racers, older guys who also go to the track. they are the ones who ask for boards to not light up on their passes:whistle:

calling them retards and f&f is a bit ignorant....its been going on since the 50's.

its the under 25 crowd/generation for the most part that messed up the "real" street activities. no offense to any on here doing it right.......

HEAR HEAR!!!

This is very true, the old school racers know how to get it done. The "ricers" that you speak of, Justin, have the nitrous kits for purging purposes. Purely cosmetic. I've known a few folks that raced for money, one guy has a 93 LX 'vert that runs low 9's (might be in the 8's now) in the quarter with a 331 and a YSi trim. He drives it on the street with that setup, and it runs pretty close to the same times on the street. He usually runs for $500/pop, and usually walks away with a fistful of cash. The nitrous guys are the same, they just built their motor to do something different.

Personally, I LOVED having a 400hp engine in a streetable car, with an extra 150hp on top of it. Yea, it's a lot easier and cheaper to make power with a pushrod 302, but it still costs money. I filled my bottle about once or twice a month, depending on how often I went to the track.

Tony wants power all the time, and nitrous really wouldn't work for him. It's a cheaper alternative to some other power adders, but I don't think he'd be happy with the purchase for very long, unless he planned on doing heads/intake/cams at the same time. For him, he would be better off doing his PI intake swap and saving money for a supercharger. Turbo kits are more money on the outset, and require more tuning with the constant adjustability of the boost, so I don't think that would be something he would want in a "daily".

And, while it's been awhile since I had a nitrous kit, I had mine installed in plain sight. My car was pretty well stripped down, so you shine a light in the hatch window, and you see a nice white 10lb NX bottle. I was pulled over a few times, and wasn't harrassed for it. Laws differ depending on where you live. Usually, if you have a remote bottle opener, the bottle should not be hooked up, if it's manual open, they allow it to be hooked up but not opened. If my bottle was in the car, it was hooked up and open. But I also drove everywhere with my drag radials at 9.5psi. I was ready to go at a moments notice.

Seems to troll me...says nitrous fill up is 30$ to try and discredit my post then later admits to it being 40-70 on average.

That is the definition of trolling.

Not sure if this clown is serious?

Just putting it out there that $100 for a fill is a longshot and there much cheaper per 10/lb bottle. If your going to post on a forum without wanting a response and when you get one you don't like it so you claim the o.p are the trolls when your more of a troll then any of us.... Don't have time to read these stories you post in these threads, so hopefully were done here?

Heads up and ass kickin! Using Tapatalk 2

:violin: your opinion........everybodies got one, kinda like assholes.

Its not really an opinion, it's fact. The world has changed a lot, street racing is pretty retarded these days.

Cars are a shit ton faster than they used to be.

The law has gotten strict, too many people on the streets getting hurt or killed.

Edited by justinschmidt1

Not sure if this clown is serious?

Just putting it out there that $100 for a fill is a longshot and there much cheaper per 10/lb bottle. If your going to post on a forum without wanting a response and when you get one you don't like it so you claim the o.p are the trolls when your more of a troll then any of us.... Don't have time to read these stories you post in these threads, so hopefully were done here?

You're the clown contradicting yourself

Its not a long shot when the closest fill up is an hour away and cost 8 dollars a pound genius.

The point as I've said twice now is that refilling the bottle adds up whether it's 10 dollars or 100 dollars.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Right tough guy, when you end up dead from street racing I'll be sure to spread a copy of your words in this thread around.

did i ever say i street race.....and thanks for wishing death on someone. and you can just as easily die at the track.

but you are and forever will be :gay_hand:

did i ever say i street race.....and thanks for wishing death on someone. and you can just as easily die at the track.

but you are and forever will be :gay_hand:

Considering how strongly you support these guys street racing one can only assume you street race yourself. You're full of shit if you say you don't after all that.

And you're high, I've heard of thousands of street racing deaths, never heard of someone dying at the track racing in a normal car.

You think that's just a coincidence?

Your mom didn't think I was gay when I was fucking her last night.

Lol not at all. I think you mad that your dohc gt is slow.

Ricer mustang owner that doesn't even go to the track. Probably street race hondas all day.

now im a ricer..............your post speaks of your own ignorance.

hondas, if your comparing the street racing i speak of to these tools, you are a sheltered child. again the 25 and under crowd that grew up with F&F....

Edited by DOHC GT

Justin, ease up off the keyboard a little bud... You can't keep giving your facts based on your "opinion" or because a refill station is so far from you.. For you its not worth it but for me a refill is $30 and there are 3 spots I know of 20mins from my house. So for some it works and for some its not as cost effective... Leave it at that...

dragstripdeaths.webs.com/

again your :gay_hand:

Reading comprehension must not be your strong suite. I said normal cars. Those are all race cars.....

Yep, rocket ships like those wreck and people die....but the street cars you see people dying in on the street would never lose control on the track 99.9% of the time.

Justin, ease up off the keyboard a little bud... You can't keep giving your facts based on your "opinion" or because a refill station is so far from you.. For you its not worth it but for me a refill is $30 and there are 3 spots I know of 20mins from my house. So for some it works and for some its not as cost effective... Leave it at that...

I can agree with that. My opinion is that nitrous and a true street car is a bad match is all im getting at.

Edited by justinschmidt1

now im a ricer..............your post speaks of your own ignorance.

hondas, if your comparing the street racing i speak of to these tools, you are a sheltered child. again the 25 and under crowd that grew up with F&F....

My ignorance lol. You're the one approving of street racing. Awesome idea, great influence!

Let's all go street race cause some old heads did it 50 years ago!

Keep it on topic Justin and DOHC... enough of the petty insults. if you have facts back them up with proof. I know nothing about nitrous nor do I ever want to know about nitrous because I know how easily I could get addicted to the giggly juice, so carry on :rofl:

i really dont see the issue you guys have with justin, lol. dude has spent countless times going over shit with me and dont even know me. and everything he has said to me i look up and research and all seems to be pretty spot on as far as #'s. justin reminds me of that guy that would help ya work on your motor all day and love doing it.

as far as street racing, lol. i live in a city with nearly a million people and if you can make it from one traffic light to the next without either smashing into another car, dude on a 10spd, crosswalkers, COPS then you can thank your lucky stars, lol.

the only reason i wanna reach around 300hp is to have an all around nice mustang. looks nice and performs nice. not trying to be the "fastest on da streets yo"

trying to reach 5 & 600hp just isnt practicle for me and my car. if i ever went to a track and staged my car i would get arrested, lol. i know with 600hp i would never pass any kind of inspection, lol.

not trying to build a fuggin track car fellas. just not my thing. fuck man you guys should know by now i like purdy, lol. usually extremely fast & purdy never mix, lol. so a polished vortech and making bout 300hp sounds pretty good for me.

all show and just a little go :)

idk if it's really a magic # but i think i'm right around 200hp right now if the bolt ons i have are really dong what they claim so 100 more horse would be nice. i guess the same reason everyone would like 100 more horse, lol.

yea frank i think i'm gonna do the heads this fall and start gathering up all the shit i need asap. then (if the wifey lets me) im gonna go with a vortech polished sc. i've been looking on CL for a used set of pi heads from here all the way to KY and nothing so far but i could use a little direction where to find pi heads, lol.

edit: anyone ever heard of modular head shop??

Reading comprehension must not be your strong suite. I said normal cars. Those are all race cars.....

Yep, rocket ships like those wreck and people die....but the street cars you see people dying in on the street would never lose control on the track 99.9% of the time.

im goin to tell you one time, the street racing you hear about on the news are all the young kids with hondas. or were given keys to a car they should not be driving

and your right they would never lose control on the track.

but what im talking about are the guys that race on street or track with 6-9 second cars, they do their own prepping in areas away from general public and never have gotten in trouble or caught. these guys always clean up their own mess......but its a mute point, you prob grew up with f&f. besides with a car anything can happen anywhere.

i dont street race, i grew up with the real street racers(grudge racers)...it really is a different culture compared to whats on the news and movies.

and honestly you talk alot of trash, while your sig shows you recklessly driving down a 2 lane blacktop with cars parked........

tony, justin is giving you the right idea going for your setup... vortech all day, then polish and enjoy.

depending on your needs nitrous is a great option for many reasons listed in this thread.

Hahahahahaha videos or it didn't happen rotflmao sounds like a great story

The D3V

Long story short. I was at the line. Purged the line. Light dropped. I dumped clutch. Wheels up. Hit button. NOTHING. Thought WTF!!?? It doesnt feel right. Grab 2nd.. Hit button. Thought WTF is going on. Looked down and noticed the Hey Dumb Ass Light not on for the Activation switch. Thought... Fuckkk... Reached down turned switch on.. Grabbed 3rd Hit button.. BOOM!!!!!!! I was fast again.... Then the race was over. Then thought.. FUCK!! Cant believe i forgot to turn the switch on. :facepalm: Got back to the pits.. 01yellercobra said. WTF happen?? I said . Um.. I forgot to turn on the switch. I lost the race. He said. -->> :rofl:

im goin to tell you one time, the street racing you hear about on the news are all the young kids with hondas. or were given keys to a car they should not be driving

and your right they would never lose control on the track.

but what im talking about are the guys that race on street or track with 6-9 second cars, they do their own prepping in areas away from general public and never have gotten in trouble or caught. these guys always clean up their own mess......but its a mute point, you prob grew up with f&f. besides with a car anything can happen anywhere.

i dont street race, i grew up with the real street racers(grudge racers)...it really is a different culture compared to whats on the news and movies.

and honestly you talk alot of trash, while your sig shows you recklessly driving down a 2 lane blacktop with cars parked........

tony, justin is giving you the right idea going for your setup... vortech all day, then polish and enjoy.

depending on your needs nitrous is a great option for many reasons listed in this thread.

I could agree with everything you just said, but in the end you are still just trying to rationalize street racing.

My sig shows me doing a burnout down a desolate country back road and all of those cars are my friends cars in front of my friends house that he was having a party at.

I never said ive never street raced, driven wrecklessly, did a burnout, etc. but I damn sure dont go out of my way and set up grudge matches on public roads.

You just said so yourself that some of those cars are 6-9 second cars...you are out of your mind if you think these guys have 100% control of cars that fast.

Edited by justinschmidt1

never mind about modularheadshop, lol. heard not to fuck with em........besides fuggin junk yards and CL cant figure out the best place to get pi heads ready to install

I'm running their ported heads and cams, no problems here :shrug:

eBay, corral, Craigslist, JY for just basic PI heads.

Tony, I think a polished vortech would be perfect for you like some of the others said.

You could easily make 300+ rwhp with the vortech and just a pi intake. No need to even touch the heads or cams really....or you could do a PI head swap with a nice set of cams and probably get nearly 300 hp that way and just skip the blower.

All depends on what you want.

I think blower is the way to go though, you can never have too much power :)

Edited by justinschmidt1

yea frank i think i'm gonna do the heads this fall and start gathering up all the shit i need asap. then (if the wifey lets me) im gonna go with a vortech polished sc. i've been looking on CL for a used set of pi heads from here all the way to KY and nothing so far but i could use a little direction where to find pi heads, lol.

edit: anyone ever heard of modular head shop??

if all you want is 300hp stay NPI. a blower can get you there no problem. if you put PI heads on your block with a blower you're going to be making well into the 400's especially with the bump in compression. I'd just slap on a vortech for your npi and call it a day to be honest.

Tony, I think a polished vortech would be perfect for you like some of the others said.

You could easily make 300+ rwhp with the vortech and just a pi intake. No need to even touch the heads or cams really....

hahahaha, im so fuvckin lost here, lmfao! so i dont need heads?? cause i really dont wanna swap no fuckin heads!! seriously not at all. i thought you guys were saying i need pi heads if i want the vortech to get me 300hp. thats what i was askin you earlier, if i can get away with no head swap and just intake and vortech, lol. thouht you were saying pi intake does no good w/o the heads too.

hahahaha, im so fuvckin lost here, lmfao! so i dont need heads?? cause i really dont wanna swap no fuckin heads!! seriously not at all. i thought you guys were saying i need pi heads if i want the vortech to get me 300hp. thats what i was askin you earlier, if i can get away with no head swap and just intake and vortech, lol. thouht you were saying pi intake does no good w/o the heads too.

No, You only need the vortech and PI intake dude...you can easily make over 300 RWHP with that.

Mike made 370 rwhp with a PI intake, NPI heads, NPI cams and a vortech

I also had that setup and the car ran well, probably 350 rwhp or so.

I wouldnt touch the heads, just do the vortech and a PI intake

if all you want is 300hp stay NPI. a blower can get you there no problem. if you put PI heads on your block with a blower you're going to be making well into the 400's especially with the bump in compression. I'd just slap on a vortech for your npi and call it a day to be honest.
YAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!! i am NOT fucking with the heads then, lol! that had me loosing interest with the fuggin quickness! just slapping on a vortech and i think an intake i can handle, lol. HEADS :confused2:

Yea, im thinking a polished vortech would be the easiest way....you can always put a smaller pulley on it or the pi intake for a nice bump in power in the future too.

this. or if you eventually build your engine you can always up the boost along with running the PI setup. since its just a show car that's the best route to go, shows cater more to cars with boost.