Tony

good & bad points of N20??

No, You only need the vortech and PI intake dude...you can easily make over 300 RWHP with that.

Mike made 370 rwhp with a PI intake, NPI heads, NPI cams and a vortech

I also had that setup and the car ran well, probably 350 rwhp or so.

I wouldnt touch the heads, just do the vortech and a PI intake

fuck what a relief this is, lol! now i have fuckin butterflies. EXCITED cause i can most likely do this shit, haha!

I could agree with everything you just said, but in the end you are still just trying to rationalize street racing.

My sig shows me doing a burnout down a desolate country back road and all of those cars are my friends cars in front of my friends house that he was having a party at.

I never said ive never street raced, driven wrecklessly, did a burnout, etc. but I damn sure dont go out of my way and set up grudge matches on public roads.

You just said so yourself that some of those cars are 6-9 second cars...you are out of your mind if you think these guys have 100% control of cars that fast.

being 100% control of a 6-9sec car anywhere is insane, anything can happen especially on public roads.

like you said back roads.......nuff said.

being 100% control of a 6-9sec car anywhere is insane, anything can happen especially on public roads.

like you said back roads.......nuff said.

Well duh, thats why Im saying take it to the track...if you wreck, odds are you only hurt yourself, not innocent people.

Im not saying me racing or doing burnouts on desolate back roads is OK...thats the issue here. You are saying its OK to street race, I am saying that I understand that it is wrong.

Theres big difference between a burnout and racing down both lanes of a road at 100+ mph though.

Edited by justinschmidt1

fuck what a relief this is, lol! now i have fuckin butterflies. EXCITED cause i can most likely do this shit, haha!

do it!!! you will not regret it!!!!

when i went from 193 to 288 in my 97 gt with my first setup it felt like a completely diff car...your gonna love it!

this. or if you eventually build your engine you can always up the boost along with running the PI setup. since its just a show car that's the best route to go, shows cater more to cars with boost.
shows cater to polish, lol! thats the reason i wanna polished kit but one that will let me get up and go too. i do drive this car other than just to shows, lol. i go to meets around central ohio and my car is what everyone gathers around and talks about. but i never open my fuggin hood, lmao! this car sounds like an animal but its really not. just sounds mean :(

Well duh, thats why Im saying take it to the track...if you wreck, odds are you only hurt yourself, not innocent people.

Whats your point though? Im not saying me racing or doing burnouts on desolate back roads is OK...thats the issue here. You are saying its OK to street race.

Im saying even though I have street raced before and probably will again in my life time, I still understand that it is wrong.

never said it was right, just saying there are 2 diff ways of street racing and cultures. and it doesnt hurt as much when you go into a field vs a wall lol

never said it was right, just saying there are 2 diff ways of street racing and cultures. and it doesnt hurt as much when you go into a field vs a wall lol

haha, very true

yea, problem is the shit I experience is a bunch of retards in shitty cars flying around doing stupid shit.

5 hondas stopped on i95 ( a major highway, cars typically go 80+ mph) in a bend the other night to race at 1 am....they are all like 15 second cars too

Awful.

do it!!! you will not regret it!!!!

when i went from 193 to 288 in my 97 gt with my first setup it felt like a completely diff car...your gonna love it!

yea i'll prolly think i'm the fastest sum bitch round here, lol. which wont take long to realize i'm not lmao!

Im not saying me racing or doing burnouts on desolate back roads is OK...thats the issue here. You are saying its OK to street race, I am saying that I understand that it is wrong.

Theres big difference between a burnout and racing down both lanes of a road at 100+ mph though.

yea you wouldnt even get a chance to street race around here, lol. maybe early afternoon on a sunday with little traffic but then you only have 12 fuckin feet till the next light so. traffic cameras, cops all kinds of reasons you would be a fool to street race, lol.

You guys been warned once. This is #2. Take your bullshit to PM's if you want to discuss off topic shit. Otherwise keep the debate going about Nitrous.
lmao, really? the guy that was talkin about pissin on balls and peters, lol. maybe you meant nitrous piss :noidea:

so how much nitrous does it take to split a stock block 302?

About a 50 shot, pushrods are junk.

Pretty sure people have gotten away with 150-200 shots on stock 302s for a while, actually looks like a few have done 250 shots, just may not last long.

Edited by justinschmidt1

You can typically run up to a 150 shot on any stock ford V8 and thats pushing it just like 12psi in a boosted app... Mod motor weak links are norm 1 of the 8 rods, 302s have had the same issues but the blocks have been known to crack down the valley in excess of 500hp...

Heads up and ass kickin! Using Tapatalk 2

Nitrous is light, cheap, fast and is very common to see in the street racing scene.Boost and nitrous both increase cylinder pressure making more horse ponies. They just do it differently.... Nitrous is only dangerous if your a complete dum dum. Install can take as little as 30/45 mins and bam you have 50, 75, 100 or 125hp at the touch of a button.... Its the perfect power adder for the budget builder/weekend warrior IMO...

Heads up and ass kickin! Using Tapatalk 2

lmao, really? the guy that was talkin about pissin on balls and peters, lol. maybe you meant nitrous piss :noidea:

Ya me.... Jokes here n there are not the same as turning the thread into a pissing contest. Which is what was happening.

I got pretty lucky with my last 302 block. It was a stock 93' block, and I was spraying a 150 shot on it. I honestly didn't spray it that often, because I didn't have the traction on the street for it, and it was pointless. I was pretty close to I would say 600hp/700tq at the crank, and the engine lasted 10 years before the thrust bearing wore out and messed up the crankshaft. The block did crack on the number 2 webbing, but I'm willing to bet that had more to do with the crankshaft moving around too much and not so much to do with the power.

Nitrous does make the cylinder burn hotter than a boosted engine, but I don't think it makes any real difference, because it makes up for it by having less internal loss.

Kurt