Drake

Burning Desires (get it, there's flames)

@Sublime yeah it was an automatic but nothing a hole saw and a little air grinder cant fix :). The car before I bought it was just a drag car and from what I was told.and lookin at it the frame rails was notched.for what looks like a power adder why?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

@Sublime yeah it was an automatic but nothing a hole saw and a little air grinder cant fix :). The car before I bought it was just a drag car and from what I was told.and lookin at it the frame rails was notched.for what looks like a power adder why? Because redneck.....

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Because white trash broke ass scumbag racer.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Lil update today

@Det_Riot kinda freeked me out when he said his control arm mounts were twisting when he put it to torque specs so I fixed that today

post-31-14053836827501_thumb.jpgpost-31-14053837154817_thumb.jpgpost-31-14053837253238_thumb.jpg

Other than that just been doing wiring fun and little odds and ends so once I receive all the parts it will go together somewhat quick.

post-31-14053838739662_thumb.jpg

Nice work on the gussets, I may end up doing the same to mine. I'm still considering stripping my K and going red to match the IRS cradle and if so, I might as well beef it up ;)

Thanks @Sleeperstang1994

Playing with wires finally got them somewhat organized I can't believe this car ever started just wires tied together and electirc taped, no purpose to the way it was ran throughout the car.

post-31-14055712514317_thumb.jpg

Alot more to go woodward dream cruise is coming up quick.

@SublimeRT thanks for posting pictures of the bracket on the passenger side. My car is 100 percent rust free until I did thispost-31-14058021555744_thumb.jpg

I was so pissed when I pulled it off but better now then when I go through all the work to paint it.

Oh wow, cool. Glad I could help. Must be a problem area for these cars. Better to catch it now than for it to rust through then let water in the floor boards, then they rust out.

@SublimeRT thanks for posting pictures of the bracket on the passenger side. My car is 100 percent rust free until I did thisattachicon.gif20140719_162248.jpg

I was so pissed when I pulled it off but better now then when I go through all the work to paint it.

oh god kill it! kill it with fire! lol

@SublimeRT thanks for posting pictures of the bracket on the passenger side. My car is 100 percent rust free until I did thisattachicon.gif20140719_162248.jpg

i pulled mine and rusty as well. dang it all

Been awhile since I've updated this haven't done much but stockpile car parts for the mustang. As of recently I have been putting in some time on the car so should be having some updates more frequently.

187a6289993593651a74b4701b0c6427.jpg

f6cdfc2a6f591e5783e892c96bff39c5.jpg

Took the rearend out to have it sent to team z to get stripped, get 9" inch ends put on and some brackets welded on.

I'm also shaving my gas door

26319e9892135b0b1a68d87170de1d14.jpgbeb786e08e192d61c90173b7e07b4388.jpg

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Not much to update car work has been slow since I started my 82 Magna build but figured I pop in and show a picture of what came in today

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

post-31-143915125244_thumb.jpg

Not much to update car work has been slow since I started my 82 Magna build but figured I pop in and show a picture of what came in today

attachicon.gif1439150894198.jpg

Now you need to paint the rest of the car to match the bezels!   hahaha

Definitely the first time I've ever seen chrome bezels on exports, haha. I may have missed it but refresh my memory, what color is the car going to be?

I dig the shaved fuel door, and those pics serve as a little view into my future when I finally get around to fixing my quarter.

Lol I haven't decided honestly once the cars drive able again I'll probably just plastics dip it :( just so its all one color and then paint when I can afford a good paint job.

Honestly quite embarrassing how long it's been taking to finish this car. I was working on it daily when I was planning on going to mw but unfortunately had some things get it in the way of that. So now its on the back burner again.

Honestly quite embarrassing how long it's been taking to finish this car. I was working on it daily when I was planning on going to mw but unfortunately had some things get it in the way of that. So now its on the back burner again.

You're preaching to the choir there man, I'm embarrassed how long I've been working on mine too. Real life has a way of stopping these projects from getting done.

I would argue that anyone that would make fun of you guys for how long you've been working on your builds has never done an in-depth build and as such their opinion is invalid.  Anyone that has been there understands.

I agree.  I know it can be frustrating, but there's nothing to be embarrassed about.  Though we all love our project cars, they aren't the first priority in most of our lives and there's nothing wrong with that.

The shaved fuel door is gonna look awesome.  The fit-up on the patch looks really good.  I used one of those HF electric shears a while ago and they work pretty good, huh.  I need to get one.  Sure beats a cut off wheel shooting sparks and dust everywhere.

You're preaching to the choir there man, I'm embarrassed how long I've been working on mine too. Real life has a way of stopping these projects from getting done.

Isn't that the truth... One day we will have our cars back on the road and I'll actually get to drive it for the very first time. Thats probably the worst part sinking money into something that I haven't even drove yet. Thank god I like customizing and building cars because I think if I didn't it would have been on craigslist a long time ago. Also I should have slapped it together (drivable) and then slowly modded it instead of doing a lot and not enjoying it.

But thanks for the encouragement anyways.

I should have slapped it together (drivable) and then slowly modded it instead of doing a lot and not enjoying it.

I have been telling myself this for years now...... I am so ready to just drive my car instead of pretending I am driving it while sitting two feet in the air.

I am just praying I can get it all done and get mine on the road still this year after over 2 yrs down.  I have thought that very thing more then a few times over the course of the build but I never started this with the idea of doing 9/10 things I did to it.  They just seemed to pop up and well......  Take your time, do it right and do it once and you will save time/money in the long run.  Ok maybe just time, we are building cars and if we start trying to tell ourselves we are saving money we sound like the woman that saved you %30 on a sale item you didn't need.