Steve-Oh

iPhone 5

To be honest I had an EVO with a larger screen and this iPhone 5 really isn't much difference overall. I'm still able to do everything I want comfortably plus I can now use one hand to operate anything on the screen. You can have your tablet-esc phone lol.

Edited by Brian

i did a side by side comparison of the 4(mine), 4S and 5. i will say im definitely not impressed with the Hype APPLE made it to be. of course my 4 is a slight bit slower. it still does not justify the cost of the newest 2. 4S has siri with same dynamics as the 4. yet, Siri is cool but at best annoying voice. the 5 has a few millimeters more of screen and touchscreen capabilities is minimal. if i destroy my current phone i maybe will upgrade to a 5. this is, of course when the price is lower. the IOS6 puts all 3 closer to each other marginally.

lol, they will make them as long as people buy them....

Right what a waste of an upgrade hell my 2 year old Evo is running @1.26 ghz and has a gig of ram thanks to my swap partition. Way to go making a new phone that wont even out perform the most basic of Droid phones apple.

Sent from my ReLoaded Evo 4G

Lol ...

BEIJING — A factory in China owned by the manufacturer of Apple’s iPhones resumed production Tuesday after a brawl by workers highlighted tensions that labor groups say were worsened by the pressure of a new iPhone launch.

http://www.floridatoday.com/viewart/20120925/BUSINESS/309250034/Apple-supplier-s-factory-back-up-after-China-brawl

Not exactly sure what the big deal is with Iphones. I have 2-3 friends that resell phones and they told me they have sold the Iphone 5s for 800 bucks each. That to me is stupid retarded. Almost a grand for a damn phone. Maybe I'm old fashioned but I prefer a simple phone that just calls and texts and thats it. My battery lasts two to three days without charging. Best part about it is that it was free. I will probably upgrade later but only because this phone has seen better days.

Almost no one pays $800 for the phone though. The 5 starts at $200 for the 16gb with a 2 year contract. I sold my old 4 for $250 unlocked and got the 32gb 5. You can do so much with these new smartphones it's crazy. Everything you can do on a PC plus more and it fits in your pocket. It's a waste if you only use it for calls an texts though, battery would last about a week without charging if that's all you used it for

As previous stated its all about preference. Who cares what other people do. People spend so much time complaining about what other people do with their money. Not directing this towards you specifically. Just my observation.

It's just funny how upset people get about things that in no possible way affect them.

Almost no one pays $800 for the phone though. The 5 starts at $200 for the 16gb with a 2 year contract. I sold my old 4 for $250 unlocked and got the 32gb 5. You can do so much with these new smartphones it's crazy. Everything you can do on a PC plus more and it fits in your pocket. It's a waste if you only use it for calls an texts though, battery would last about a week without charging if that's all you used it for

Now this would get me somewhat interested in one. Every single person I talk to about the Iphone 5 only tell me that its 1/3" taller and something else. That's it. I use a phone as just a phone but with everything you mentioned to me it sounds like I can get used to it and not pay 800 dollars for one.

As previous stated its all about preference. Who cares what other people do. People spend so much time complaining about what other people do with their money. Not directing this towards you specifically. Just my observation.

It's just funny how upset people get about things that in no possible way affect them.

Which is why I stated, "Maybe its just me". Its not my money so I don't care, but when my own friends told me about how much they sold them for it really shocked me. Now if its just 250 with a new contract then its no biggie, not a lot of money for a nice phone.

This is an great example of the people I talked to about the Iphone 5.

hahaha, omg I saw that video the other day and was just like WTF....is this really the people that buy iphones?

As a smartphone user I will say I fucking hate it and wish they never invented them.

Chick seems like a typical iPhone user to me :shrug:

Sent from my ReLoaded Evo 4G

Some of you guys must be really tough on your phones. I've had a Droid Bionic for probably a year and a half now and the thing has been all but perfect. Still very responsive, not broken, it's never needed anything. The problem with Droid is some phones that use Android are awesome but then there are some that are pieces of crap and that hurts the brand I think.

I just updated to IOS6 on my iphone 4 and there really isn't much of a difference. Maps are a little cooler.

Congrats, you're the only one that thinks the maps are better lol

Some of you guys must be really tough on your phones. I've had a Droid Bionic for probably a year and a half now and the thing has been all but perfect. Still very responsive, not broken, it's never needed anything. The problem with Droid is some phones that use Android are awesome but then there are some that are pieces of crap and that hurts the brand I think.

This man speaks the truth.

Can't go get a free pos DROID phone and expect it to be awesome

Friend of mine just got the iphone 5 on release day. I was due for an upgrade but she gave me her old iphone 4 which was only a month old b/c her previous one broke. I like the iphone in general, I sold my 3GS on Ebay in about an hr for $125. So I literally got a new phone and sold my old one for a good amount and still dont have to sign a new contract. The iphone is the only apple product I do own, I believe all of there stuff is way over priced including the new phones.

Had my galaxy s2 since Feb .... it freezes/crashes constantly it was the "best" droid available when I bight it .... the battery life is minimal.... the fit and finish isnt/wasn't that great ..... the only thing I prefer the s2 for is the big screen

The D3V

I have 2 ipods that went through deployments. Still in working order. My iphone 4 hasnt made me want to deep six it yet. Droid 2.4 upgrade when i have htc inspire was horrible as stated. I do not like apple's prices but has been stellar with an otterbox defender case.

Sent by smoke signals

Had my galaxy s2 since Feb .... it freezes/crashes constantly it was the "best" droid available when I bight it .... the battery life is minimal.... the fit and finish isnt/wasn't that great ..... the only thing I prefer the s2 for is the big screen

not really sure what to tell you, maybe that Samsung doesn't have the best Android mask. I will admit that's another issue with Android is that each manufacturer puts a different mask on the OS which changes how it looks, runs etc. which isn't ideal. I've been very satisfied with my Motorola though, still works as new to this day.

As long as nobody comes in here saying iPhones don't have issues and never freeze, etc. I'm fine, it's whatever your preference. I just find it amusing when people say stuff like yeah but the iPhone 5 has 4g now! I'm like great, welcome to over a year ago. What else you got lol.

and the fact that any phone only has 4G is 4G is available in your area. Funny to see all the stupid people upgrade a phone b/c it has 4G when their service is still going to be 3G anyway.

People be smart.

On a side note I thought this video was cool..talks about the shortcomings of the iphone 5.

Edited by Brian