WildWillyWalker

Smitty's Build (Paint, IRS swap, etc.)

If there's one thing I never ever want to take out of my car again it's the PCM, god do I hate the way that thing is mounted.  Gah, def don't want to do this but now that you BOTH POINTED IT OUT it must be done lol.

Nice work man!  I need to stop down when you guys are doing a good bit of work one day.  I'm pretty good at hanging out and drinking beer.

Ugh I HATE getting that damn PCM out of there, I think next time I have to, it isn't going back in. Megasquirt time, and mount that son of a bitch somewhere easy to get to while I'm at it.

I drilled the spot welds on mine and found some rust behind it but I don't remember any holes.

there were not any holes. I didn't have a spot weld cutter on hand so I just used a regular drill bit. went a little far. however I was planning on cutting out the panel so I was not to worried about it.

If there's one thing I never ever want to take out of my car again it's the PCM, god do I hate the way that thing is mounted.  Gah, def don't want to do this but now that you BOTH POINTED IT OUT it must be done lol.

Nice work man!  I need to stop down when you guys are doing a good bit of work one day.  I'm pretty good at hanging out and drinking beer.

definitely feel free to stop by. Sean can hold a beer down pretty well himself. Don't expect to see work get done though. For the whole weekend we managed to wire in a WOT box and this one panel. ALL WEEKEND~!

• Moderators

definitely feel free to stop by. Sean can hold a beer down pretty well himself. Don't expect to see work get done though. For the whole weekend we managed to wire in a WOT box and this one panel. ALL WEEKEND~!

Far more than I got done this weekend, which was just fighting the dust shields and spindles while sweating profusely until I gave up.

there were not any holes. I didn't have a spot weld cutter on hand so I just used a regular drill bit. went a little far. however I was planning on cutting out the panel so I was not to worried about it.

I did draw a rectangle on the MDF for the RSD Sunday. :) I just work like a turtle. :(

Sooo I got something done this weekend. Nothing crazy. I sand blasted and powder coated my pedal assembly. It was rustyish. I figured I had the means and ability so why not! It turned out perfect. Powder flowed out great and virtually no imperfections. Just sad it's going under my dash where no one will ever see [emoji17] and here's the pics! 1cebb95645520737166be6ced76b8308.jpg7b213e013b94ba32fa6ac2be5ec7adbb.jpgfa7b5b71ab86cf4d39873dc9725d2bcb.jpgaba468f6a62fb612822087392543a55f.jpga475d386c83e42e9a1082ad23028b147.jpgf56e615b7b8b57c914e8ee07c1e31e99.jpg62fb60168f1fa43b6274b692feb30e5d.jpg90221ac560b39b71bb8d5ce7c04e5351.jpgfabe5a9825b5472df15b6a99aaa2dc79.jpg I have one favor to ask. Anyone with a 97-98 car can you look at your brake pedal and see if you have an electronic cruise deactivation switch? My 94 pedal assembly used a vacuum switch which might have been due to it was a 6 cylinder. I stole this assembly out of out 97 parts car but have a feeling it might be out of the 01 cobra that my dash was from? Just need to make sure I can plug the sensor into my 98 dash harness. THANKS

i looked on PTS today at work. From what i can see the 96-98 all use an electric deactivation switch. I broke the tab so im going to order a new one this week. Also ordered the Bullit style pedal covers for this since it looks so dang pretty. Nothing like spending money on things for a car with no engine... :(

Now that's a nice looking pedal assembly.  Powder coating always looks so good.  Been tempted to paint mine while it's been going in and out of the car.  Wish I could help with the pedal switch but I really have no idea. 

i think i figured that out. 96-98 used an electronic switch if it was a GT or a cobra. the v6 used a vacuum mounted switch up untill 98. My car was orignially a v6 so im glad i swiped the pedal assembly out of the parts car! Im ordering a new switch tomorrow and hopefully getting my pedals next week. Now i just realized how ugly my gas pedal arm is ;)

Just a quick one. Couldn't stand the gas pedal was not done so I threw that in the blast cabinet and hit it with the super mirror black. Also did a set of brackets for the rear bumper support. You may remembering me doing this pair before. However I wasn't please with how it turned out so these are off of the parts car. 08e1e17e9a85f4ed74460a9b724f9b08.jpg

• Supporting Member

Just a quick one. Couldn't stand the gas pedal was not done so I threw that in the blast cabinet and hit it with the super mirror black. Also did a set of brackets for the rear bumper support. You may remembering me doing this pair before. However I wasn't please with how it turned out so these are off of the parts car. 08e1e17e9a85f4ed74460a9b724f9b08.jpg

Looks great! Paint or powdercoat?

So I'm going to start calling these my @Blackmage quarterly updates! He likes to give me a bit of a friendly poke( insert MLP reference here) every 2-3 months. And pictures!d2fc30c34d4cf8885bb9621220c73c97.jpg1565472ee6021fd7bdb670bb5c0cef81.jpglast weekend Sean out my new 4.6 swap k member and front arms on.

f41baf37d1672724a5be66f2a418b2ab.jpg I sandblasted a fen brakets for the brake lines and abs wires in prep for powder coating... Because why not!

a2bff53fccbd7d80074f3645f98603e6.jpg8fa684be60965f78d26302a28080a08a.jpg

Drilled my TFSC and filled it with some paint. Apparently I used way way way to much. So now my floor is sealed as well!

d5491f8af0f0f11ba7040924a6b8e38f.jpg56d21af4eb81d84a554fc4e5d44b95eb.jpg357baefdd64158c6eba9d8cb97cc0ee5.jpgd7aca66e12956639d16c74fac2b416fd.jpg

And finally @95riosnake said I should be able to do this IRS control arm shimming by myself. So I did! @arayray does this help? And that's all! See everyone in the spring after the snow. This is how my car sits on the regular. The following pictures are graphic so if you have a weak stomach....f551ae4ce7c5b360bfe34fbb7385d3fc.jpg98239d429c0af4aaaa408271bda39164.jpgce4bf13eec36da792df2895692421c0a.jpgb21bc5960b0891fffbd8294721bb9f04.jpg

Baha I saw that and couldn't tell if the paint was super faded or not

I have a smaller house so all my car stuff has been kept inside in a crawl space upstairs. its very packed. 2 sets of fenders. 2 trunk lids. a teksid block. 4 sets of DOHC heads lol. everything else is wrapped in plastic. not sure why I stopped before wrapping these up.

people suck.  seriously. most people can burn in hell, leave your neighbors alone. 

I agree. it wasn't hurting anything. yes I had it on jackstands. yes I hade the fenders and bumper off. but I did actually work on it. you wouldn't know that by how many updates my project thread gets :P  however I have been making good gains at getting it on the ground. o well. I guess ill finish welding up my sub frame and floor pan and see about getting a roll cage for it this winter. that's the next task

It kills me how much people worry about what their neighbors are doing. Unless your car is in THEIR driveway, who cares? I hate my neighborhood, I live in a townhouse we bought 4ish years ago as a for-now house, and the people here must not have jobs (no idea how they afford one of these houses if so...) and just spend their days sitting by the window with binoculars. I can't even work in the garage with the door open for fear of dropping a wrench that might wake up some asshole's cat across the street.

I want to win the lottery, move out to the middle of nowhere, build a massive shop and spend my days in it, locked away from all the mouth breathers.

I don't normally care about that kind of stuff but I can see how some people might.  If I was trying to sell my house for example and my neighbor had a car sitting out in that kind of shape all of the time I'd probably be a little upset.  It'd probably make some buyers think twice.  But then again I'd also have the manners to go talk to my neighbor about it and not be a pussy and call the township/HOA.

@95riosnake, I totally want to move to the country and build a shop too but my wife won't have it.  She's concerned about proximity to hospitals and such and ability to get to town/work during the winter.  No one has ever complained to me but I guess I'll be soldiering on living in subdivisions trying not to make too much noise in the garage.

..............................................................................................................................more

Seriously, how was this timed so well? lol.

I think we'll have an update-ish tonight (I'll have to poke him). Something cool is happening right now which means cool stuff for the future of Josh's car!

Seriously, how was this timed so well? lol.

I think we'll have an update-ish tonight (I'll have to poke him). Something cool is happening right now which means cool stuff for the future of Josh's car!

tumblr_ms7gokDYMO1rls7olo1_500.gif

I attempted this yesterday on my phone but I switched to the full site to add pictures and lost everything I typed. >.<

So yeah, we are installing a Kenne Bell'd 2003 Cobra engine and T56 in a Mach 1. Instead of fully charging this guy for labor, we said we get to keep everything that comes off. The engine, trans, wiring, etc that comes off the Mach 1 will be going into Josh's Mustang. There's still a lot more he needs to do but this is a big chunk. We're both pretty excited. Although now we're both pretty bummed because we found a ton of problems with the Cobra engine and this is turning into quite the fiasco, lol.

post-11-0-01195400-1420936129_thumb.jpg