WildWillyWalker

Smitty's Build (Paint, IRS swap, etc.)

its nothing we cant handle. just need to keep this customer calm. he knows nothing about cars. so when this engine was sold on ebay and stated "you can put it right in your car and drive" he has problems understanding why i want to fix oil leaks now. still planning on doing the swap this weekend

- Pilot bearing fell out

- A main cap side bolt is missing!

- Oil pan was dented from shipping and bent the pickup tube

- Two intake manifold bolts broke but thankfully we were able to just unthread the rest of the bolts by hand (Wtf?)

- Lower intake manifold gaskets (We had to remove the Kenne Bell to install a set of powder coated cam covers)

- Primary belt tensioner is bad

- An accessory idler pulley is bad

- Needs timing cover gaskets due to leaks

- Power steering reservoir is busted

- PCV valve was missing

- Dipstick tube was bent

- 3 supercharger idler pulley bearings were bad (He can just get bearings but for some reason he wants to spend $380 on a UPR set

Those are all the things needed.

Obviously, we'd like to install a throw out bearing, water pump and rear main seal because there won't be an easier time than now.

Like I said, his car knowledge is limited so its mostly just been a struggle explaining maintenance. Add throw out bearing to the "need" list. I ran it through the parts washer today and... its not so good anymore. :D  @Blackmage ill get those Mach pics for you in 4 days. just give me till Friday. Sean doesn't know it yet but he's going to be pulling an all nighter!

Like I said, his car knowledge is limited so its mostly just been a struggle explaining maintenance. Add throw out bearing to the "need" list. I ran it through the parts washer today and... its not so good anymore. :D  @Blackmage ill get those Mach pics for you in 4 days. just give me till Friday. Sean doesn't know it yet but he's going to be pulling an all nighter!

If youre gonna make him pull an all nighter, at least have plenty of refreshments on hand!

So that's why he said bring a sleeping bag. <_<

Lol. It's whatever. I want to get this done ASAP as well. I have off Monday for the holiday but I already said I'll work... double time + holiday pay = triple time. Yes please. :D

And don't worry @Blackmage , alcohol gives me motivation and it WILL be utilized.

LOLOL!!!

I have off Monday for the holiday but I already said I'll work... double time + holiday pay = triple time. Yes please. :D

I didn't know any adults outside of banking, education and the post office got MLK day off lol, consider yourself lucky haha.

Da fuq? I didn't even get New Year's Day off.

New years day, MLK day, good Friday, memorial day, 4th of July, labor day, thanksgiving n day after, Christmas eve and day, new years eve

• Moderators

New years day, MLK day, good Friday, memorial day, 4th of July, labor day, thanksgiving n day after, Christmas eve and day, new years eve

We got New Year's Day and day after this year (I had to work both), Good Friday (I'll have to work that), July 3 (I'll be working), Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Christmas Eve, and Christmas.

Not work per say. But I have some parts rolling in :)c8735271fbaa28d83786987315416efc.jpge087d04adb2d206d4afda721a0c19f72.jpg95027944fc3788a73f3d12529101326f.jpg I have always loved these head lights. These are the older ones made by depo. Glass lenses. I think I will tint them. Also any suggestions on corner markers to match these?

I still have my old projectors which are the same ones, I really liked the glass lenses because they never yellowed. I haven't been able to bring myself to toss them or sell them for some reason lol. They're the classiest looking projector design for our cars other than an actual retrofit IMO. The way the projector is built in has a very factory look to it.

A few little things I'm working on. With a few members reassurance I'm going to be painting my headlight housings. Also going to add "demon" eyes while I'm at it. Started this evening.

How I started

92001818c4881176f1e6b0f7fcd3870b.jpg

Off to a bad start...

d6778d0364cb7ff1c227bf9e6070a75e.jpg

40044d3d95421a08bcd388503351931b.jpg

First housing apart. I baked mine at about 220 degrees for about 25 minutes. Came right apart first try. Only broke one small piece on the bottom.

e236ef1c84a4dd4e8d018f7153645b8b.jpg

3f3dde00f359aa37c4e191dc5649e4cf.jpg

Looks like the glue did not even touch in one spot.

c22775896afc0c23bbec48d7683e347d.jpg

c8ea5455791598c1a97ceaacacf450de.jpg

Projector all apart

551092217288712d7e9b15a6a1825bd6.jpg

01ce0d3e54ea41b5a5afe2d2ac69e415.jpg

And this is where I'm at. Going to stop at lunch tomorrow at radio shack to pick up some LEDs for the eyes.

sorry but that's not my money its my wifes hard earned doll hairs. She crotches hats and stuff for the guys at work :) id be more than welcome to sell you some hat and gloves though! bet its cold out there in Canada! @Blackmage

also LOL @Steve-Oh on my horrible write up with pictures. I blame tapatalk. it looks awesome on my phone :blink:

YAY! UPDATE !!!

Soooo I purchased a used set of lights I found in eBay. I have always liked these lights and it was a steal for a price. However im definitly not a fan of chrome so that needed fixing. I was very worried about taking apart the housings but @Steve-Oh assured me I could do it.

8d3828600369c6d417a5553b9e3afa14.jpg

Stock headlight on the right. Modified headlight on the left

I also decided to added a "demon eye" while I had them apart.

894c2bf78a047f9dcc8006158068f5c4.jpgc878f825660421878f98aa8451bba7b2.jpg

Trying to decide where to add the socket and LED.

49757d281feb58a6957a2cd69e665b5b.jpg

I wanted to make the socket removable but I couldn't come up with any good ideas so I said screw it and just used some panel bond to glue it on.b13bdf2a4c24913028f1ed394141d86e.jpgea0035aaa77d95a3a2ef354755db6a84.jpg

These are 5 LED bulbs from superbrightleds.com rated at 75 lumens.

d4f863c78f3ef6c20a1604a2f7dc3d7e.jpg

I used a seam sealer on the projector shroud so no red light would leak through.5ffbb6db8c80dd072136b4b9280eb427.jpg

First one all finished

05f4e12d252bd3972d4e19ef9a105f45.jpg5996a0224b6cca7572013c6a805b2e77.jpg

This gives you an idea of how bright they are in broad daylight.

153dd280ca1201b43f8ca74e44c07321.jpg

Both done with seans foot included.

fc7906aa8ce0c60cadcb0063abec56d4.jpg

Lastly in the dark

7f700e62af2e9e7f75f7f33092cc6ca5.jpg

Well kinda dark :)

How's that for an actual update!

Pretty kick ass man. Nice work. Can't wait to see them in the car. In the first pic, has the one on the left had the lense tinted or is the whole darker/smoked look achieved from just blacking out the chrome in the housing?

Pretty kick ass man. Nice work. Can't wait to see them in the car. In the first pic, has the one on the left had the lense tinted or is the whole darker/smoked look achieved from just blacking out the chrome in the housing?

i did not tint the lens at all. so that darker appearance is just from blacking out alot of the chrome i guess. i was planing on tinting them but im not sure if i will now, i kinda like them the way they are?!

All you need is a blue led on the high beam side and you got yourself cop lights haha

Sent from my iPhablet

while i applaud you for a great idea. Im sure im going to have problems with the local PD for just the red eyes. My township is known for having cops that like to make citations just because.

All in all im very happy with how this turned out. Im also slightly proud of myself. The paint turned out excellent IMO and while there are a few imperfections they are not extremely noticeable. i did have to point one of them out to sean for him to see it. So now i just need to get some corner lights.... and put the rest of the car back together lol.

Awesome. Yeah judging by the pics I'd leave them as is. Reason I asked was because I had the Blue Oval Industries smoked lights in my car and while I loved the look the actual lenses were tinted which really cut down on the light output. So if you've achieved the look without the reduced output.... best of both worlds IMO.