Steve-Oh

Eons for eons....

Just get one of those little brackets to push your alternator out!

I'll look into that! For now though I just want it to run so getting them to fit can wait until winter.

Oh wow thanks Det, just noticed this!

After working on the garage today everything was cleaned out of the other side so I had some space for a little bit to test fit somethings. Got the other valave covers on and fitted all the accessories with zero issues. Put the oil pressure adapter on and made sure that cleared the acces. and whatnot. Tried to fit up the headers and ran into some issues. 1.) The flange bolt holes barely line up to the heads ; 2.) the primary tubes run right into the clutch fork ; and last but not least both collectors were bent as if someone dropped them (you can see it in the overhead picture).

IMG_4746.jpg

IMG_4745.jpg

And just for a visual comparison I threw the LT's from the old motor on just for kicks

IMG_4743.jpg

IMG_4747.jpg

Now from my understanding these were supposed to fit along with mod's to the h-pipe (aside from the head flange holes not lining up). WMMBoss where you at? Or I might have to go Travis' route and have headers custom made. :banging:

I see the deadblow hammer over there. Be ready to weild it and mercilessly beat stuff that doesn't fit right.

I'm pretty much at that point. I guess chopping up a set of $500 headers is better than doing it to a $1,000 set lol.

Ahh those numbers hurt me since my LTs were basically free haha

I'm in this project so deep that its become "What's another $1,000?! No big deal!" ... It's terrible lol ... I have every invoice sitting in a pile that at the end I can't wait to bust out the calculator and do some addition!

My father decided he wanted to get rid of the old "lift" we had and upgrade to a big boy lift. The old one we had (which I don't know if any of you remember) was just a set of drive on ramps with stationary stands at one end with a pivot point and a jacking rail in the back with stands. Raised to car up about 3 feet which is fine for most but my dad got tired of having to jack the ramps up. Since my parents also bought new cars they wanted more car storage space (my car isn't helping) so this option was the idea needed to convince my mother to give the go ahead. Putting in this new hydraulic lift meant we had to rip out the existing ceiling and attic space to make room. Since basically the garage is completely cluttered to get things out of the way and my recent vacation, progress on my car has been non-existent.

Here's the old style lift we had:

photo5.jpg

Then commence ceiling destruction:

IMG_4731.jpg

IMG_4739.jpg

Got the lift in then used it as a scaffold to rip out the roof trusses and reinforce them.

9C7ED6F4-D425-42EF-9F38-5E8F7DD61BF7-8362-000009A69CC750DA.jpg

D7C06188-E7B1-47F0-980E-D96C6AC878F1-8362-000009A68975A2E7.jpg

195BF088-F879-4892-ABF0-03A324D3BB15-12039-00000C7AC01A5840.jpg

A24F8CAC-0132-4178-BFA3-E7212F7C3E36-12039-00000C7ABA193D34.jpg

and as you can see it's a little tight in there:

0202EFD2-7C45-4F26-8ADB-59A62DC8F462-12039-00000C7AACB064BF.jpg

784FF8D5-BC47-4B44-B7E3-64E106767A1C-12039-00000C7AB3072859.jpg

Side note, I've used the old school ramps you have there. Worked wonderfully to drop my trans :)
I'm banning you. I hate you lol.

That's so awesome man!!

Hahaha :ban::banhim: ... Agreed it made cake work with the mustangs trans a few years ago. Obviously the new one will provide much more space for when I drop the one out of the Lincoln!

Figured I'd give an update since I was trying to tie up a few financial loose ends today. I just worked out that I need to spend a little over $1,000 more in parts to hopefully get this project moving again. This was a rough estimate but hopefully that's accurate given how the budget for this is starting to come to an end. Hope to have a better update for everyone soon!

• Moderators
I'm pretty much at that point. I guess chopping up a set of $500 headers is better than doing it to a $1,000 set lol.

This is what kept me from wanting to do a 351w build. However, I still find myself looking at 351w stuff every day.

This is what kept me from wanting to do a 351w build. However, I still find myself looking at 351w stuff every day.

I found out that it is not required to modify the headers. You need to change over the bell housing to a fox bell and change the t-5 input shaft to the shorter one. Although it is not the route I took it is an option for long tubes.

Sent from Space

sick motor steve. i missed this thread somehow, lol. i like the wheels too. look kinda big :)

Hey Tony thanks man! The wheels are only 18's, wish I could upgrade but obviously it needs to run properly first.

Sent from Space

that's a big lookin 18, lol. perfect though.

Thanks Tony! Must be the black painted inner parts ... gives the illusion of greatness lol

Very nice build! Motor is bad a$$.

Thanks man! It should be ready just in time for winter!

Got some more goodies in the mail. Returned the LT headers and went with shorties since I was having trouble fitting them. So just to get me going I'll live with shorties for now.

5B53AFE0-2272-4C33-B633-712C02718F4E-4577-000000EDBF82FC92.jpg