Det_Riot

Custom Exhaust Tips

Being broke, in college, and a DIY'er has led me up to my mission, fabbing up my stingers into side exhaust. The piping and welding isn't an issue. I have many o friends who are great at welding. What does have me tripped up is the exhaust tips. Being that I don't want to pay 150/ side for exhaust tips, I'm thinking that I can just buy some 3" stainless, cut it to the angle that i want, polish it off the car, then weld them on for gorgeous custom tips. Is there anything wrong in my thinking?

Nothing wrong with the thinking but you can get some generic side tips for like 40-50$ on ebay and save yourself the time and hassle and they'll come out a lot more finished looking. You'll still save an assload doing the piping and welding yourself. Just my 2c but you can absolutely do the whole thing yourself too.

Yup that's the plan^ My good buddy did his whole front subframe work and full custom exhaust for his drift cars so i'm going to employ him for the price of a 24-pack. As far as the piping, since most the pieces will be rather short, I'm going to pick up some scrap pieces from this airplane piping shop around me. Last week I got 23 1/2 " of 4" aluminum for 20 bucks because they couldn't charge it for the full 2' =D

Here are some pics of mine, it's not a show car but I still think it looks cool. I just cut the pipe on an angle...

L1020653.jpg

L1020652.jpg

PICT0065.jpg

L1020643.jpg

unfortunately those are the best pics of it that I have

P.S. pay no attention to the sticker on my quarter window

So what's the plan?

Round, Oval, or Squared/Rectangled exit? Trimming side skirts or dumping behind them / under them / etc..

Inquiring minds wanna know.

Lol the plan is the stingers straight out back from the x pipe. 90* bend where the OEM mufflers usually sit. Then straight out to side skirts. Tips I envision being round angled cut sticking out about 1/8-1/4 inch past the side skirt. Very very similar to blown_by_you's white cobra.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Actually if you look up my build thread over on snives you can see them. I actually got tons more compliments with them then my current set up

Pm me pictures please! :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

^^^His setup is identical to mine except we are running diffent tips. But the pipe layout and placement under the cars are identical.

Do u run full length sub frames? Mine are notched... I love this set up

Sent from my EVO 3D using tapatalk

Jeremy that's the only thing underneath that's different. I'm not running sfc's yet. I do things in phases and that will be part of my suspension phase which will be coming as soon as we get my paint done

Make sure when u do the sfc u have them work them so the pipe cause go underneath and not sag too far down, that's the issue o had for the longest, then one day my passenger side pipe got ripped off....

Sent from my EVO 3D using tapatalk

I hate side exhaust but with the SVO skirts it looks great! Nothing wrong with your way of thinking. Ive been like that my entire life. It gets old after awhile trying to do everything the cheap way out, but you gota make due with whatcha got!