Brian

What to upgrade next?

I'll admit i'm a bit of a MM fanboy... it's just that their customer service is so freakin good, and their parts are very overbuilt. It may not be for everyone and I have no problem with Team Z, but MM stuff is really good. That, and they've proven time and time again that their stuff works in racing applications. I also thought the Team Z stuff was more drag oriented, but I probably just need to research it a bit more.

I'll admit i'm a bit of a MM fanboy... it's just that their customer service is so freakin good, and their parts are very overbuilt. It may not be for everyone and I have no problem with Team Z, but MM stuff is really good. That, and they've proven time and time again that their stuff works in racing applications. I also thought the Team Z stuff was more drag oriented, but I probably just need to research it a bit more.

Team-z started with alot of drag oriented parts but have since branched out and now have a street series and also auto x stuff. I went with there autox k-member and front a-arms. when it came time to select parts for my rear, I looked into a bunch of companies that offered mini tub kits and again I liked the team-z stuff here. I also couldnt find to many that offered off set control arms like teamz does and with the tire size and the relocation of the rear shock mounts they were the only ones I knew for sure would give me the clearance for 345/19 rubber

Team-z started with alot of drag oriented parts but have since branched out and now have a street series and also auto x stuff. I went with there autox k-member and front a-arms. when it came time to select parts for my rear, I looked into a bunch of companies that offered mini tub kits and again I liked the team-z stuff here. I also couldnt find to many that offered off set control arms like teamz does and with the tire size and the relocation of the rear shock mounts they were the only ones I knew for sure would give me the clearance for 345/19 rubber

oooOOOoooOOO! Rich droppin hints about what he's been up to! Sounds sick!

oooOOOoooOOO! Rich droppin hints about what he's been up to! Sounds sick!

lol Dan, Thought you already knew I was tubbin it, as Ive mentioned it a few times already. Like I said previously she will be a completely different ride when I complete her this time around.

^ I knew about the mini tub, did not know about stepping up to 19's, I approve of this :rockon:

Well kinda need a big set of meets not only for the looks but to hopefully get it to hook by 3rd lol

So after doing some research and conversating with a few people, this is the list I've come up with. The list is in order of purchase. It will be a slow process that will probably take a long time but the idea is to get one at a time as the budget allows and save for the last purchase which will be the biggest. I am going to post them so I can get feedback and also keep track of what I need to get.

The list will be updated as I figure out what else is needed:

1 - Bilstein Grooved HD Shocks/Struts

2 - MM Full length subframe connectors

3 - Steeda front sway bar (35mm)

4 - MM Rear lower control arms (adjustable)

5 - MM K-Member kit (which includes the following):

• MM K-Member

• MM Front Control arms (non-offset)

• MM Front Coil-Over Conversion kit

• MM Aluminum Steering Rack Bushings

• MM Caster/Camber plates

• MM Adjustable Tie-Rod Ends

• MM 2-Point K-Member Brace

• Urethane front swaybar bushings

• Swaybar end links (shorter)

6 - MM Rear coil over kit (will be ordered at the same time as #7)

Others:

1 - MM Strut tower brace (might get sooner, my current one is beat up and this is more for looks)

I do need to figure out what spring rates to run for the coilovers.

Edited by Brian
Added rear coilovers to list & removed panhard bar

The reason that I did not list a rear swaybar is because the factory Cobra swaybar is 25mm and most kits I found had the replacement as 24mm. I guess the material of the aftermarket swaybars might be stronger so maybe I'll still consider it? I have some more research to do there.

I also heard somewhere that MM offers a negative offset front control arm to retain factory wheel location but I think that's for cars before '94. I didn't see any under the section for my car.

best you can do with the K member and non-offset A arms is moving the wheel forward .75" but it's not a big deal, really not noticeable.

Edited by Brian
Brian FTW ;)

Usually the reason most change out the rear sway bar is when it breaks (where the hollow tube meets the solid ends). Until then I'd just leave it as-is, as long as it isnt broken it performs quite well. It's a common failure and will likely happen someday so you might as well wait. The Eibach bar is solid, so when or if you get one to replace your stocker it won't be prone to failing like the factory one. Like I said I'd just save the cash for other things for now.

Usually the reason most change out the rear sway bar is when it breaks (where the hollow tube meets the solid ends). Until then I'd just leave it as-is, as long as it isnt broken it performs quite well. It's a common failure and will likely happen someday so you might as well wait. The Eibach bar is solid, so when or if you get one to replace your stocker it won't be prone to failing like the factory one. Like I said I'd just save the cash for other things for now.

I actually broke the rear on my '96 GT when I had it, haha. So yeah I figure I won't upgrade unless it happens again. I need to send you a PM on another topic.

If it were me I would. These cars understeer bad enough without adding more roll stiffness to the front end without compensating in the back.

Check out page 2 (as I said in our PMs) for the full list of what I'm looking at.

I'd personally just get the critical stuff first that doesn't really need "tuned" and save the swaybar for last. It may be possible after getting the K-Member kit that you'll have enough front grip to warrant the sway bar, but I'd try the handling out before spending the money on the bar. I wouldn't worry too much about the STB either, they're arguably pointless. Especially if you have SFC's and the new k-member/brace. Nothing necessarily wrong with getting the STB though, any stiffness helps...

The STB is more for looks. My current one works but its beat up. Needs to be repainted and get new bolts.

The list I posted is in order of what I will be buying so the major tuning parts are last. And I luckily have a friend who owns a Motorsports company here that he races mustangs at VIR for open track. He tunes all in house so he will be doing the installs and adjustments.

Otherwise is it looking good? Anything I missed? It's not going to be purpose built hence why no TA or watts.

The STB is more for looks. My current one works but its beat up. Needs to be repainted and get new bolts.

The list I posted is in order of what I will be buying so the major tuning parts are last. And I luckily have a friend who owns a Motorsports company here that he races mustangs at VIR for open track. He tunes all in house so he will be doing the installs and adjustments.

Otherwise is it looking good? Anything I missed? It's not going to be purpose built hence why no TA or watts.

Oh, yeah, it looks good lol. Definitely drool worthy...