Tony

Need some Solid Advice! - Now With Video!

for a while i've been noticing some white smoke randomly. even when it was warm out. use to be very seldom. now its getting worse. we had a few days of near 70 outside recently and it was smoking pretty bad. went away for a while then when i got on it, a good amount of smoke again :(

heres my question. i want to do pi heads and intake. with this swap will i pretty much be solving any issues that would cause white smoke? dont really want to find a place to do a leak down. just hoping that with the swap, i'm pretty much going to solve any smoking issues.

or is there several other reasons i could be getting this smoke?

thanks fellas :)

i cant be the guy with the super clean mustang, with a trail of stinky ass smoke trailing, lolol. naahh, this shit is getting fixed.

i would buy new heads from jegs. ford racing pi heads and pi intake. i know, i know, i can get them off of some forum somewhere used...but i prefer to just get new assembled heads.

i cant be the guy with the super clean mustang, with a trail of stinky ass smoke trailing, lolol. naahh, this shit is getting fixed.

i would buy new heads from jegs. ford racing pi heads and pi intake. i know, i know, i can get them off of some forum somewhere used...but i prefer to just get new assembled heads.

Or just get a whole motor out of a wrecked gt?

well shit. i splatter e85 over the windshield of anybody behind me :look:

^i know there are tons of different things i can do. honestly i just wanna know if doing a pi head and intake swap will most likely solve my smoke problem??

i would just get a new motor IMO. head swaps suck ass in the car. and with a head swap to PI heads on a NPI block you won't be able to run anything lower than 91 octane....

man i cant swap a motor, lol. cant afford a new motor either. heads are doable. swapping a whole motor...nope. not for me anyway. so know one really knows if just swapping heads will fix it? could be other shit too?

anyone wanna buy a mustang :)

man i cant swap a motor, lol. cant afford a new motor either. heads are doable. swapping a whole motor...nope. not for me anyway. so know one really knows if just swapping heads will fix it? could be other shit too?

anyone wanna buy a mustang :)

you could get a new engine for the cost of heads. just sayin... :look:

i thought buy new engine you meant a fuukin crate motor or some shit. anywho, i dont want to do a fuukin motor swap. i have no place to do that or the shit needed. i have a buddy that can help with a head and intake swap...but i'm not even going to fuuk with that until i figure this smoking shit out, lol.

appreciate the replies fellas. i'll figure it out. weird though cause the smoke is white. doesnt smell like coolant, doesnt overheat, doesnt use any coolant. but def white smoke.

i thought buy new engine you meant a fuukin crate motor or some shit. anywho, i dont want to do a fuukin motor swap. i have no place to do that or the shit needed. i have a buddy that can help with a head and intake swap...but i'm not even going to fuuk with that until i figure this smoking shit out, lol.

appreciate the replies fellas. i'll figure it out. weird though cause the smoke is white. doesnt smell like coolant, doesnt overheat, doesnt use any coolant. but def white smoke.

could just be condensation and you're over thinking it.... i did the same thing when i started running e85, there's a LOT of condensation from it, I thought I had a leak from a coolant passage. if it's billowing out when it's warm then i'd be worried. but if it's just a light puff of smoke, don't even second guess it.

by warm do you mean outside, or the motor warm?

when i sit and rev it up, it blows out a good amount of smoke.

both. if it's cold outside, you'll have white smoke. if the motor is cold you'll blow out white smoke. try to take a vid of it...

by warm do you mean outside, or the motor warm?

when i sit and rev it up, it blows out a good amount of smoke.

I know youre old :P but can you take a video and show us the smoke youre seeing?

say what? what's this video you speak of?

haha, yea brian. i'll post a video in the mourning. wish it was'nt so cold cause i know a lot of it will just me evaporating water, but you'll see. it def smokes too. white shit, not blue or grey.

Coolio, should help everyone else determine what kinda smoke you're blowing. I've heard things about a lower intake manifold gasket going back IIRC, we had to change it on our truck, dunno if these have the same problems since that was a 5.4 :shrugs:

Tony if you have the crappy plastic lower intake theres a good chance that could be your culprit. Ive replaced quite a few of them on friends cars and they all crack in the same spot. Im not saying this is your problem but you might want to take a look especially around tge t-stat housing. Otherwise more info and some vid would help us figure it out.

Tony if you have the crappy plastic lower intake theres a good chance that could be your culprit. Ive replaced quite a few of them on friends cars and they all crack in the same spot. Im not saying this is your problem but you might want to take a look especially around tge t-stat housing. Otherwise more info and some vid would help us figure it out.

talking about the crossover in front of the intake mani? if so, i replaced that last spring cause my cousins mustang failed there. told me they all do it so yea, i replaced that asap with an aluminum one.

this area in here? best shot i have of what i think you're talking about rich.

Untitled_zps9d46db06.jpg

i'm going to post a video here in a little while. gotta go record it when my wife gets back. we gotta sick kid here :(

talking about the crossover in front of the intake mani? if so, i replaced that last spring cause my cousins mustang failed there. told me they all do it so yea, i replaced that asap with an aluminum one.

this area in here? best shot i have of what i think you're talking about rich.

Untitled_zps9d46db06.jpg

i'm going to post a video here in a little while. gotta go record it when my wife gets back. we gotta sick kid here :(

Sick kid eh? Drop him off at the doctor and tell him not to come back until they figure out whats wrong with him haha

pshhhh, he aint gettin in my car! he's gotta bike! get to pedling lil homie...hahaha! man that's wrong :(

Hahahha thats great. And by great i mean funny and in no way a real representation of how you should parent your kids :suspect:

uploading a video onto photobucket now that i just took. after watching the actual video...yea, it def smokes under throttle. also i did lightweight smell coolant up under the hood, def not behind the car. that just had a very slight oily maybe smell.

LOL at your commentary through the whole thing! "check out my sweet riiiimss.....they're y's....attached to a circle"

But in all seriousness, the first stuff just kinda looks like cold first start condensation but when you get on the throttle it seems kinda heavy to just be condensation or w/e. Hopefully more people with better knowledge can get in here with some better advice =\

But if you do the PI head swap n stuff, that should clear out any issues that you have. Drop the extra bit of money to have the heads checked over to make sure they're all okay and all the seals are good. You'll be spic and span after!

LOL at your commentary through the whole thing! "check out my sweet riiiimss.....they're y's....attached to a circle"

But in all seriousness, the first stuff just kinda looks like cold first start condensation but when you get on the throttle it seems kinda heavy to just be condensation or w/e. Hopefully more people with better knowledge can get in here with some better advice =\

But if you do the PI head swap n stuff, that should clear out any issues that you have. Drop the extra bit of money to have the heads checked over to make sure they're all okay and all the seals are good. You'll be spic and span after!

if it's as cold as i think when he took that video, then that kind of condensation is normal. you should see my miata when i start it up in 50 degree weather lmfao.

if it's as cold as i think when he took that video, then that kind of condensation is normal. you should see my miata when i start it up in 50 degree weather lmfao.

we have 50 degree weather here in SoCal? ScratchHead.gif

Tony, just do the headswap. You'll be much happier in the end. You're problem will more than likely be solved and you'll have more power.

we have 50 degree weather here in SoCal? ScratchHead.gif

Tony, just do the headswap. You'll be much happier in the end. You're problem will more than likely be solved and you'll have more power.

you must not get up before 8AM. ass crack of dawn here it's about 35 degrees.