Brian

Pushrod 5.0 Blocks

brian, i know that the 95's were pushrods.... im not lacking information. was just curious. thats all

That's fine. I was just explaining. I never claimed you were ignorant.

It only makes sense (to me at least) to build a pushrod setup for a pushrod car. Anyways, enough off topic chatter.

This thread makes my head hurt lol. Brian you will be more then happy with a 347 from woody. I really like my 351 b/c all the hard work as far as the swap was already done when I got the car. I think Id be just has happy with a 347 in it as well but its hard to say since its been so long since I drove the car and actually enjoyed it as far as it being trouble free and running 100% correct. In your situation where you have a 302 based block I would stick with that. If I had a roller car w/ no engine and trans then throwing in a 351 would be an option. When buying a whole aftermarket engine from woody you can go a higher compression more of an NA route or make it lower for future boost options. A blown 347 is nothing to sneeze at. My 302 was blown but had the stock heads and I wanted to build more of a motor build with the 351 but looking back on it I would not be in the situation I am in now if I had just spent the money on a S trim and pounded some boost to it.