82zephyr

Daily Driver? Nah Super Sleeper Build

Little update.

I finally got the motor. 83 5.0 either came out of a box truck or motorhome. It also came with a oil cooler and remote oil filter.

20140412_205021_zpsh9eqypws.jpg

20140412_205012_zpsg0pkknxh.jpg

Another update. Me and the wife finally put our grill together.

20140412_150733_zpsyhw00erg.jpg

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Well right now im at a stand still. The motor I have will not release any part off of it grip. Water Pump bolts just spin and it may have thrown a rod. Cant turn it over. Road block after road block. Its like aomething doesnt not want me to build this car.

I got a little bit of wprk dpne on the motor today finally got the water pump off and found this

20140427_182239_zpszbgmew7k.jpg

But on a good note the motor does turn over. I just my engine stand bolts for the arms to the block were too long and hitting the flywheel not allowing it to spin.

I was also told ot was a 80k motor but lookong here for how clean the head is and valve cover I bet its way less.

20140427_173316_zpsyqonnxba.jpg

One day next week I want to pull a head.

But now pland have changed instead of just dropping it in the car im going to blow the motor apart and build it. Im thinking trick flow heads and idk the rest so far. Maybe stroker maybe not. Oh also found out the motor is a 78 and not a 83 like I was told.

I have no idea. Thats what I want to find out. I do know they both are flat tappet motors.

Also on another note I found out the motor came from a lincoln or mercury. Mercury motor going in another mercury :)

Yea I know :( the master took a shit on my truck which is my dd and my wifes car has some things wrong with it. Like no ac and 1 working window to roll down on these hot days. I will havr another badass car to build.

Little update on the car

Well now its powered by a ls. A l33 to be more percise. With a giant hair dryer on it. Looking for 700-800rwhp.

The car will also have lots of other goodies too.

And if your in texas. It WILL be at tx2k15.

Oh btw the car is under new ownership too.