sethg702

Which caster/camber plates are you guys running?

whats goin on guys?

what are guys running to correct the "toe-in, tow-out" effect after lowering your mustang? I have motorsport lowering springs and im running the 5 spoke cobra chrome 17x9 wheel set up, with 275-40R17 on all four corners. im -1.6 deg on the driver side and -1.5deg on the passanger side. I know its not alot, but driving down the highway it pulls to the right and I fight the steering wheel a little bit. thanks in advance for the imput!

If it's camber that's causing an issue, definitely use a 4 bolt design. Most guys on here run Maximum Motorsports but there are other ones that will do the job.

However, if its the toe in/toe out that you're concerned with, you could be looking at bumpsteer and tie rod adjustment to correct it. The camber/caster plate will correct how your wheel is tilting on the x plane. I can't find the article that explains it super well but take a look at these links:

http://www.ozebiz.com.au/racetech/theory/align.html

http://www.goaheadtakethewheel.com/build-repairs-maintenance/vehicle-caster-camber-and-toe-alignment-explained.php

I am running an old set of Steel Steeda ones. I've rebuilt them once before. They definately aren't showy, but very functional. If you ever intend to run coil overs, make sure you get a steel set, not an aluminum set. Most of them function the same. I honestly don't know where the 4 bolt craze came from. We've been running 3 bolt plates long before 4 bolt plates came out. I've never seen a 3 bolt plate fail even with coil overs, so I don't see why you would spend all that time drilling out the car for a 4 bolt. If you aren't running coil overs, there is absolutely no advantage to buying a 4 bolt; it's total over kill.

Kurt

^^^ god your stang is gorgeous. Thanks for the reply(thats for everyone). I have to shop around, And get some other bills out of the way first. Is it still cool to drive you think? -1.5 degrees isnt alot. I just dont want to wear out the rubber. Ill rotate from front to back when I get the plates installed.

thanks for all the responses, Ill just keep an eye out and shop around. I have to get some other bills out of the way first. You guys think its still ok to drive? -1.5 degrees isnt alot...Ill rotate my tires from front to back when I get the plates installed.

^ my thoughts exactly. MM develops their parts from beating the tar out of them on the track. Usually their stuff is built far better/stronger than it needs to be. I also am a big fan of Team Z, their stuff is right up there with MM in my opinion.

^ my thoughts exactly. MM develops their parts from beating the tar out of them on the track. Usually their stuff is built far better/stronger than it needs to be. I also am a big fan of Team Z, their stuff is right up there with MM in my opinion.

Honestly for road racing there are only 3 brands I trust. MM, Griggs Racing, and Agent 47.

The best suspension setup that you can run on a SRA based car has to be as follows:

Agent 47 Double A-Arm Suspension

Maximum Motorsports K-Member

Griggs Racing Through Floor SFC's

Roll cage tied into SFC's

Maximum Motorsports Rear Coilovers

Maximum Motorsports Torque Arm

Griggs Racing Watts Link

Rear strut Bar (welded)

That setup would be unbeatable. Front strut bar is worthless since you can't realistically weld it in. Any chassis stiffening that's bolt in is worthless. Also sway bars depend on driving preference so I left those out lol.

i'm not 100% but i'm pretty sure you can't use factory A arms with the MM K member so I wouldn't be surprised if others wouldn't either.

yeah, disregard about k-member for some reason I didn't think the a-arms agent 47 sells includes a k member but it does...

Bumping this up to the top. So with my recent change to fox length everything, I can't seem to get enough adjustment out of my camber caster plates. For anyone running fox length a-arms on an Sn, what c/c plates are you running? @95riosnake I think I remember you saying that you're running fox length? @NVRL8TE I know that you are.

@Det_Riot , which plates do you have, I forget.

Just some Kenny brown 3-holes. Its weird because they worked good when I was running them as camber/camber plates but when I spun them the right way and run them correctly as camber caster plates, there isn't enough adjustment lol

• Moderators

Just some Kenny brown 3-holes. Its weird because they worked good when I was running them as camber/camber plates but when I spun them the right way and run them correctly as camber caster plates, there isn't enough adjustment lol

Want some 4 bolt UPR jobs?

Lol damnit, stupid camber plates!   Reason I was asking is you can swap the top plates on the MM one's to get more adjustment.  Maybe it's time to switch to a 4 bolt.

14547023980_5b16cf6d45_o.jpg

Bumping this up to the top. So with my recent change to fox length everything, I can't seem to get enough adjustment out of my camber caster plates. For anyone running fox length a-arms on an Sn, what c/c plates are you running? @95riosnake I think I remember you saying that you're running fox length? @NVRL8TE I know that you are.

I used to run fox length Team Z control arms, running MM 94-04 length arms now. I ran MM 4 bolt plates with both setups.