itsblown93

what gears do you run?

4:10's FTMFW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My 4V needs these gears. Crappy part is I can't get any traction in first nor second. I took my bullitts off that had 555R's and I miss them bc I always had traction with those. These Potenzas aren't helping out lol. Much much better in the rain though.

3.27 aren't bad if you're set up for them. When I had my V6 I went from 3.73 back to the stock ratio 3.27 because I wanted 1st gear when I put the blower on. 3.73 was too steep. (And nobody made a 3.55 for the 7.5" rear.)

yea, im turbo now + im looking to make 550-600 rwhp so 3.27s are the way to go if I want 1st/2nd gear to be usable and actually produce boost.

I was told my car has 3.73s, but either my speedo is off or its possible I have 4.1s. 4th gear tops out at about 110. I wish I had some 3.55s cuz traction is somewhat laughable on my lovely sumitomos. Its rather fun though...

I was told my car has 3.73s, but either my speedo is off or its possible I have 4.1s. 4th gear tops out at about 110. I wish I had some 3.55s cuz traction is somewhat laughable on my lovely sumitomos. Its rather fun though...

Yea, those are def. 4.10s if your only able to hit 110 in the top of 4th.

Some 3.55s would help you out a lot.

Yea, those are def. 4.10s if your only able to hit 110 in the top of 4th.

Some 3.55s would help you out a lot.

Yeah if I ever have the rear built, I'll put in 3.55s. I'm worried I'll have to shift to 5th if I ever make it to the 1/4. People always say not to fear the gear, but it totally depends on what your build is. For a bolt on street car, sure go big, but other setups should have lower gears.

Yeah if I ever have the rear built, I'll put in 3.55s. I'm worried I'll have to shift to 5th if I ever make it to the 1/4. People always say not to fear the gear, but it totally depends on what your build is. For a bolt on street car, sure go big, but other setups should have lower gears.

lol, good ol dont fear the gear.

Sure, no need to fear the gear with 230 rwhp, 4.56s ftw!

Your exactly right though.

It all depends on the setup and what you plan on doing with it......KB cars really dont need as much gear to perform, turbo cars actually need the long gears to put load on the motor, centri cars love gear since boost is based on rpm.

lol, good ol dont fear the gear.

Sure, no need to fear the gear with 230 rwhp, 4.56s ftw!

Your exactly right though.

It all depends on the setup and what you plan on doing with it......KB cars really dont need as much gear to perform, turbo cars actually need the long gears to put load on the motor, centri cars love gear since boost is based on rpm.

Yup, completely agree. Gears are a torque multiplier, but that can hurt you when you start making enough power to have traction issues. And obviously turbos/twin screws/centris should all be setup to maximize their different powerbands/boost characteristics.

Yup, completely agree. Gears are a torque multiplier, but that can hurt you when you start making enough power to have traction issues. And obviously turbos/twin screws/centris should all be setup to maximize their different powerbands/boost characteristics.

Yea, once you start making more and more power you gotta worry about actually getting it to the ground rather than multiplying it.

No need to multiply power when your making 400, 500, 600 hp.

Yea, once you start making more and more power you gotta worry about actually getting it to the ground rather than multiplying it.

No need to multiply power when your making 400, 500, 600 hp.

Pussy.. 1000rwhp or bust..

Sent from my iPhone

3.73's and loved them, till i drove franks car(330cube)....now i dunno what i want. there really is a big diff between 3.73 & 4.10's

I think it just felt snappy because of the raw hp my car makes...

Heads up and ass kickin! Using Tapatalk 2

I think it just felt snappy because of the raw hp my car makes...

Heads up and ass kickin! Using Tapatalk 2

lmao........ ill admit the 4.10 did feel snappy early in the rpm in your car. but compared to my car it felt under powerd after 4k.....srry:cool-smiley-009:

lol Mario, Lets get out to the track just to have some fun runs. Kyles trying to track down axles for his car and then were all going to go back out to OSW... I might visit again shortly now that the cars back in 1 piece...

lol Mario, Lets get out to the track just to have some fun runs. Kyles trying to track down axles for his car and then were all going to go back out to OSW... I might visit again shortly now that the cars back in 1 piece...

dude,i definitely would...but i have a leak/or something smoking from behind intake that i gota figure out. and they cracked down on working on cars over here where i live....so no track for me till i get that figured out.

You mean you can't work on your broken car in your parking lot? I do it at my apartment all the time...

Tell them F Off its your car. Its not like your a shade tree mech...

if its broken it gets towed.......the shade tree mechanic got kicked out of here also lol or shut down lol. they are making a big deal of it now...

^^^ 3.27's to 3.55's is not worth the time nor money. You're not boosted are you? I can't recall if you have said you were. If so than okay, but if you're NA that would be a waste. 4.10's+ or nothing imo

I was boosted and will be again. The 3.55's is just for cruising rpm. They will put me just above 2k at 75mph. Which is where the motor is happy. I'm not running a 4.6 anymore either. The 5.3 has some decent low end torque.

It also helps when you can get the gears and labor for free.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

Edited by 01yellercobra

I was boosted and will be again. The 3.55's is just for cruising rpm. They will put me just above 2k at 75mph. Which is where the motor is happy. I'm not running a 4.6 anymore either. The 5.3 has some decent low end torque.

It also helps when you can get the gears and labor for free.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

Now I was not aware of all that, carry on with your plans sir! lol. Sounds like a hellavu build there. If you are going boosted again than by all means do the 3.55's.

I am super jealous of your 75mph cruising speed RPM!