itsblown93

what gears do you run?

Well, I didn't, I'm still raw

PS the sense of humor around here its great, I <3 you guys

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I think my perverted asinine sense of humor comes from my 8.5 and counting years in the navy, on a big floating metal box, surrounded by doods...

Sent from my secretary!!!

you guys are killing my T56 dream.

killing a t56 dream vs letting someone get raped = mission accomplished

edit

F8L, im almost glad that i am not the only one that took the american power train boner in the "A" with no lube. They are serious turds, stay away

Edited by 1997cobra

I'm sure ill love it. I won't drive with them on the street very often but might have to play around on them a little bit

Don't be afraid of them. I still got 27 highway mpgs with them

I want to swap out to 4.30s eventually.

They are nice. Not sure how they would feel with a 28 slick. I would ideally like to run a 4.56 28" gear/tire combo. Keep in mind my car makes power to 7k.

- - - Updated - - -

I have 4.10s in the 04 and I love them. Not to sure how they will be with a 26in tire

You will love them. Im running 4.30s with a 26"

I started with the stock 3:27 then moved on to 4:10's which were nice n/a but a lot more fun with the Vortech. After the engine swap I found them lacking so when the IRS and 4:56's went in they woke things up nicely.

I just like how 4.10's through a t56 in 6th is like 2100RPMS and 3.73's in 5th(in my mach) is like 2300..

your machs 5th gear and 6th gear of a t56 in a cobra are the same ratio. .62 non mach 1s were .67 5th gear

• Moderators

Speaking of T56... I have one in my 66 GT that I plan to swap into the 95 GT at some point in the next year. In the mean time, I am shopping for gears and trying to decide what to get. The 66 has 3.25 gears in it and it seems that 1st gear winds out pretty quickly. How bad are 3.73 gears going to be? I'm not exactly certain of the gearing in the T56 that I own; I bought it new over ten years ago. I think at that point only Vipers, Vettes, and the '00 R had that trans.

Speaking of T56... I have one in my 66 GT that I plan to swap into the 95 GT at some point in the next year. In the mean time, I am shopping for gears and trying to decide what to get. The 66 has 3.25 gears in it and it seems that 1st gear winds out pretty quickly. How bad are 3.73 gears going to be? I'm not exactly certain of the gearing in the T56 that I own; I bought it new over ten years ago. I think at that point only Vipers, Vettes, and the '00 R had that trans.

What's the gear ratios of your t56? If you know them you can use an online gear calculator to figure out your rpm vs speed with any combination of gear ratios

• Moderators
What's the gear ratios of your t56? If you know them you can use an online gear calculator to figure out your rpm vs speed with any combination of gear ratios

As I said above, I have no clue. I think it is probably the GM gearing. I bought the thing in 2000 I think... not sure there were "options" on the gearing then.

Update:

I think the gearing is 2.66 / 1.78 / 1.30 / 1.00 / 0.74 / 0.50 / 2.90

Edited by Psychorugby

As I said above, I have no clue. I think it is probably the GM gearing. I bought the thing in 2000 I think... not sure there were "options" on the gearing then.

Update:

I think the gearing is 2.66 / 1.78 / 1.30 / 1.00 / 0.74 / 0.50 / 2.90

More than likely this is correct

• Moderators
More than likely this is correct

Wow.... I guess I never did the math. I didn't realize I could cruise at 75mph @2000pm and still have 4.10 gears! That's enough to race stop light to stop light and still get some okay highway mileage.

• Moderators
The .50 6th gear is very nice to have

I'm pretty sure that is what I have. It's almost useless in the 66 since I basically idle at 60mph.

your machs 5th gear and 6th gear of a t56 in a cobra are the same ratio. .62 non mach 1s were .67 5th gear

I'm pretty sure the 5th gear was the same in all 03/04 3650's. My buddy had an 03 GT and his cruise rpm was lower then mine when I had the 3650. We both had factory 3.27's.

And I happen to like my T-56.

I'm pretty sure the 5th gear was the same in all 03/04 3650's. My buddy had an 03 GT and his cruise rpm was lower then mine when I had the 3650. We both had factory 3.27's.

And I happen to like my T-56.

The machs that came with 3.55s had a different 5th gear to make cruising rpms the same as a gt with 3.27s

The machs that came with 3.55s had a different 5th gear to make cruising rpms the same as a gt with 3.27s

I was unaware machs came with any gears other then 3.55's.