SVTurbo 98

Getting retuned tomorrow wish me luck!

The really good news is I made the 2 hour drive with no problems along the way. We started the idle and part throttle tuning and everything seemed ok. The cam sync was perfect and it seemed to be sealed up really good and everything was good to go. We tried a wot pull and it started breaking up really bad once it saw some boost. We checked the plugs and 2 of the cylinders looked like they weren't firing but it wasn't missing until it saw boost. We checked a few things and it ended up being 2 of the coils. For whatever reason they took a shit. Luckily the shop had a couple extra ls1 coils so we put them on and everything was perfect after that. The car was making a lot more power compared to the previous 93 octane tune. With the same 16psi and timing it picked up 47rwhp with the only changes being hpp upper, sbtb and bigger air filter on the turbo.

We then switched to e85 and turned the boost up to 18psi and 18 degrees of timing and it made 744/690. The last tune at 24psi, it made 806/730 so it was well on it's way to passing that. We tried another pull at 20psi and the power fell off fast on top and the passenger side of the engine started making some valve train noise so we shut it off. We thought it might have been a pulley or tensioner because it was kind of like a rattling noise so we pulled the belt off and it was still there. We think one of the followers/rockers came loose or something. I had to ride back with my brother in law and I'm going to have to pick the car up with a trailer and tow it home and pull it apart. I should be able to see what exactly happened once I have the cam cover off but I won't know for sure until then. It's a bummer because everything was going so well after we fixed the coil issue. I'm still not sure what to think about it...

I'll post the vids once they finish uploading so you guys can at least hear it make some pulls before the really bad shit happened.

Damn dude, those are some healthy fucking numbers! I can't even imagine what kinda number it'll put down when its running in its prime! What are the specs on your turbo kit again?

It's a hellion kit with a 78mm midframe turbonetics bb turbo with a .081ar...

It was originally a hellion beast kit with an 88mm turbo but didn't work well with a 6 speed. I think the only difference between the beast and regular single kit is the downpipe is bigger...

Edited by SVTurbo 98

Well I pulled the cam cover off and it's obvious the timing chain tensioner failed. There's a ton of slack in the chain and I can actually pull on the chain and make it slap against the guide. That's probably the best case scenario out of everything that could have gone wrong. I have to take it all apart to get the front cover off and replace it but I'll take that any day over what I thought it was.

Well I pulled the cam cover off and it's obvious the timing chain tensioner failed. There's a ton of slack in the chain and I can actually pull on the chain and make it slap against the guide. That's probably the best case scenario out of everything that could have gone wrong. I have to take it all apart to get the front cover off and replace it but I'll take that any day over what I thought it was.

Easy day bro! Glad it was the lesser of evils. Time to slap it back together and soon the rollers again!

Sent from my secretary!!!

I'm really happy about it. I was really bummed out last night thinking the worst but got really lucky this time...I have to take the whole turbo and hotside off along with a bunch of other stuff but I'll be able to get it back together soon and go back for some high boost tuning.

I was really worried man...I had the heads completely rebuilt with really good stuff so I was like wtf!? I'm going to try to get it back together soon...I hate not being able to drive it. I'm going to take some pics and post a little how to thread or something incase it happens to someone else.

Alright, I'm scheduled to go back to finish the high boost tuning on Thursday. I think I'm over due for a drama free dyno tuning day so we will see what happens.

May the force be with you! lol

Tapatalk made me do it!

Alright, I'm scheduled to go back to finish the high boost tuning on Thursday. I think I'm over due for a drama free dyno tuning day so we will see what happens.

Good luck!!! Expecting pics and vidss!!!

I just got back and everything went ok but never without some sort of issues. As soon as we put it on the dyno and checked the part throttle is was lean across the board so we had to change that and get it right again. Next we tried a pull at 20psi and it was way down on power and only made 580ish vs. mid 700s before at that psi. We were like wtf(?) because the car seemed to be running good. We pulled all of the plugs and they all looked good except for #4 cylinder. We did a compression test and they were all around the same. So we changed the plugs and tried a half pull on the dyno to see if it was still following the same line and it was. We also noticed an intermittent misfire that would kind of happen randomly. So then we checked the plugs again and it looked like #4 wasn't firing so we immediately thought it was another coil. So we checked the coil for spark and even changed it with no luck. We then decided to do a leak down test on #4 and the leak down was like 3 or 4% so that was perfect. We then checked for pulse at the injector harness and it was pulsing like it's supposed to. So the only thing left was the injector. We pulled the injector and sure enough it wasn't clicking open at all. It wasn't doing anything. So we put some air to it to try to get it to work and nothing. Finally in a last resort attempt to get it working my turner smacked it really hard and sure enough it started working lol. So I put it all back together and then the part throttle was rich lol. So he had to completely redo the part throttle, which was good because that explains why it was so lean to begin with.

We finally did a pull and the power was back. We were kind of short on time as they had a tune scheduled but we ended the day with a pull at 24.5psi and 18 degrees of timing that make 841rwhp and 748rwtq. So needless to say after everything I dealt with over the last few months I'm pretty happy with that. I'm going to send the injectors all back to FIC and have them all looked over and tested and let them know I had and issue with one. It's running awesome now but I don't want to take a chance with #4 especially. But anyways, if you happen to be in or around Pensacola, Fl I wouldn't hesitate to stop by XXX motorsports. They have an awesome crew that really take pride in what they do.

I also have a video that I'll try to upload in a little bit...

Talk to wmdateau or something like that about injectors, I believe his company does that

I bought them from Fuel Injection Connection not long ago and they also do that. They probably won't even charge me since they are so new.

ahh fair enough. Phenomenal numbers by the way! I'm super fucking envious!

Thanks man I'm trying to decide how I want to upload the vid but hopefully it'll be up shortly. It's nothing special but it's a vid none the less.

Glad though not without issue, you were able to lay down some kickass numbers!

Tapatalk made me do it!

Thanks man I guess issues are just a part of it. As long as I can find an easy solution I'm happy.

I was trying to upload a couple vids but my connection sucks right now. Here's the graph though.

It lost a half pound of boost with the controller at 6200 but than it gained it back and then had a little bit of spark blowout up top. AFR was around 10.8-11.2

IMG_0375_zps9d77e00e.jpg

Here's a couple of the vids....I was going to upload them to youtube so I could emb them but got sick of waiting around so here's link to photobucket. The second vid was the last of the day.

click the pictures

th_IMG_0372_zps826e6bee.jpg

th_IMG_0373_zps1d98f4b7.jpg

dam the videos are sick! i watched all of them on your photbucket hahaaa! even the one where the rear view mirror could'nt take the POWAAAA! lol

What a beast.... Very nice man

Jeremy

What a roach... My huffy is faster with two fat kids on it.

:shifty:

Damn fine chart you got there.

Thanks guys

dam the videos are sick! i watched all of them on your photbucket hahaaa! even the one where the rear view mirror could'nt take the POWAAAA! lol

lol the damn rear view mirror jumping off still boggles my mind. I don't understand it but whatever lol

What's your YouTube Name, so I can search it? Videos here don't work on my phone.

Tapatalk made me do it!

My youtube name is blksvo50 but I don't have any car videos uploaded on youtube. My photobucket name is the same. Can you search photobucket or does it need to be youtube?

My youtube name is blksvo50 but I don't have any car videos uploaded on youtube. My photobucket name is the same. Can you search photobucket or does it need to be youtube?

Ill find out... lol

Tapatalk made me do it!