joekd

My underhood clean up is done (for now)

Finished putting everything together today. Can started up first try and ran strong. Always nervous when making changes to ignition stuff.

Major changes:

-COP conversion

-Billet PS tank

-Painted Coolant tank with billet cover

-Billet oil cap

-Billet master cylinder cover

-Oil catch can

-Silicone radiator hoses (upper hose covered with branded black sleeving)

Also did little things like Ford Racing hose clamp covers, new belt, coolant, plugs and a lot of cleanup

Motor before

underhood22.jpg

Motor now

underhood22.jpg

underhood16.jpg

Catch can and PS tank

underhood17.jpg

underhood18.jpg

Look, no plug wires

underhood20.jpg

underhood19.jpg

Excuse my ignorance to the 4.6 world... But where the hell are your plug wires? I understand you did the "cop" conversion, not sure what that means.. kinda thought u would be sticking some red and blue leds in random places and would pretend to be a cop... Educate me please....

Jeremy

COP = Coil On Plug. This is the system that 99-up Mustangs use. No more ugly coils and wires. Just these which fit right onto the spark plugs and get the signal when to fire through the harness

--note, not my picture, just one I found on the internet--

mmfp_0611_20z+1999_ford_mustang+coil_packs.jpg

Edited by joekd

$150 for the harness which is literally just plug and play, then you need 8 coil packs and the screws to hold them down

Primarily a cosmetic mod but quite a few people have reported a smoother idle and overall better throttle response. In my opinion more reliable also.

Lot of guys like them when going forced induction for thesimple fact that it frees up a lot of space in front of the motor,

The black mesh was bought from this seller on Ebay http://myworld.ebay.com/genuinedealz?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Just need to make sure you cut it correctly or it will fray. I prefer to cut longer then needed, heat it with a hairdryer to make sure it is fit correctly then heatshrink tubing the ends before cutting the mesh then hit the end to clean it up. I prefer Raychem heatshrink which can be bought at home depot, it's heavier then the auto parts stuff and is easy to work using a propane torch.

The clamp covers are some FRPP pieces which from the looks of the box have been sitting around since the late 80's, if you want the part # I can get it but I highly doubt you will find them anywhere. The Ford oval on each piece is subtle but I like the extra touch.

Edited by joekd

That's probably why I've never seen those fittings lol. Don't worry about getting a part number from them, like you said I highly doubt they still make them.

Thanks for the link to the sleeving, I saved the seller so I can pick up some of that soon, just need to make a list of what sizes I need.

That's probably why I've never seen those fittings lol. Don't worry about getting a part number from them, like you said I highly doubt they still make them.

Thanks for the link to the sleeving, I saved the seller so I can pick up some of that soon, just need to make a list of what sizes I need.

Make sure you are ordering the correct size, you will be using the OD of the hose you are covering

As for the clamp covers the Ford logo may be subtle but I like it

radhose34.jpg

How much did you spend on the coils? How long did it take you to swap it over to cop?

All 8 COP's were $55 shipped, if I was just going to do the COP conversion by itself it could be done in line 15 mins total, it really is just that easy. Remove old coils and plug wires, plug in new harness, press the COPs in place, secure with 1 bolt each, connect to harness.

The tank itself is just a generic one, it came with clear line which I took to the parts store, matched the inside diameter and bought a few feet of rubber hose, I then sleeved the hose with braided heat resistant cover. I didn't have any metal ends that fit this size so I simply used heat shrink tubing on the ends.

Hi, I'm Joe from Enfield. Mine is the car from this thread. It's for sale. Anything else you need? :)

Oh hi lol. Didn't know you were 3 miles from me hahaha. Nice clean bay man

On going project, 94 cobra, r block, tfsr225, hp efi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk