Blackmage

My Little Pony Garage - BLKMAGE

ugh, please god dont let snow fall here today with a 40% chance of rain.

In my haste to have the car a little more road worthy, i actually mounted the battery box so it wasnt sliding around in the trunk.  So out came the tank

49B73F1A-92CA-449B-9F71-ADBB1F52F66D_zps

and in went the box

7FB77DF6-23F4-453C-AD86-36445332EF80_zps

and the next morning i went to work.  I think im gonne need some LED's for the autometer gauges, theyre pretty dark with the blue covered bulbs.

9A814E86-49C2-4FFC-8A52-55E23BD3F394_zps

E4AA1CC4-9027-4E2C-A920-7BE901CB1774_zps

5068FAD4-8098-47EF-82A8-C32735E32066_zps

6447F247-CEA8-4EBB-8434-7A766345204C_zps

I still need to cut down the threaded rod for the battery box, peel the protective adhesive off the top of the box, actually MOUNT the circuit breaker and power distribution block, route the wires better in the trunk, and I'll be done back there.  So it looks kinda messy right now.  but it got the job done.

5274001E-C64E-46A5-925B-A88EDF8417BF_zps

got a few things in the mail this week.   my cheap ass oil separator, redline hood struts, a new antenna (my old 8" one started rusting?), and a hood bumper.

85F3CBC5-3369-4FF8-8586-A650B49BA624_zps

6C232E01-C443-422D-A1DA-95F74151FC2C_zps

not sure if this is where i want to mount the separator permanently or not.  Chris recommended mounting it next to the p/s reservoir and then Josh said to put it in the fender.. decisions..  eitherway the hoses are all temp.

602E597E-34CD-4C60-A8EB-14650341179D_zps

and some more proof it actually gets out of the driveway

DF86252C-463E-46A6-BB86-1FD047D18FEB_zps

if it was an aluminum moroso type can then i would say to mount it next to the PS res, but otherwise, i'm in agreement with the fender solution.

isn't that location going to make it a bitch to empty?  The only other problem I see is that is a fairly small can and with the angle its mounted at no only will you not be able to fully drian it but also would not be able to fill up all the way.  I know this because that is where I mounted mine  :)    I am getting around the draining issue by putting another fitting on the bottom and the I will run a line down through the metal under the can so it can't really be seen with a valve on the other end so I can just slap a cup under it and drian easily.  The longer line will also allow for a little more oil to be stored.

I was actually thinking the opposite, that it would be much easier to empty there than say inside the fender. But I see your point. Maybe make a bracket for it to be more upright.

I was actually thinking the opposite, that it would be much easier to empty there than say inside the fender. But I see your point. Maybe make a bracket for it to be more upright.

Put in fender and run a hard line off the bottom of the catch can with a petcock at the end of the line. Contour the line to the fender liner and have it end just under drivers or passenger door.  Easy to drain!

It can easily hold two cups of oil, I better not be collecting that much oil lol and either way, two screw and pull the lines off and I have it out of the car to drain, not a big deal to me at all.

Sent from my iPhablet

Put in fender and run a hard line off the bottom of the catch can with a petcock at the end of the line. Contour the line to the fender liner and have it end just under drivers or passenger door.  Easy to drain!

That is my plan. 

Engine bay clean up - CHECK!

Clutter up engine bay with new stuff - CHECK!

GOOD JOB! :P

you guys are bullies. lol its staying where its staying! 

Looks really nice.  You should tuck the hood latch cable in the fender.  Would really finish it off.

not a bad idea, ill have to look into that this week, thanks bud!

put my redline hood struts on finally.  I could not put the fender mounts on where they recommended, so i had to move them almost a full inch forward, well i didnt move the mount on the hood forward an inch so I have a slight misalignment now of the hood to the fender when its closed.  I may need to re-do the hood mounts, but i gotta find out whats actually goin on under the hood first to make it not sit flush anymore.

C6CA354A-BA07-4FCF-9AAA-B70A252F0305_zps

then relaxed after all the hard work :P

897A7069-C076-4268-8570-52F33FC79DD9_zps

Mine does to and the redline guy at mw put mine on, I think it's hitting the head of one of the bolts that attach the fender.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, that was the problem with mine. And that's a big problem cause there's no where for it to fit!!! Lol

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

It's on both sides too :-/. Guess I need to get the grinder out haha

Sent from my iPhablet

Never had a problem with mine, actually.  And I switched to Redline struts last fall after I had the MRT kit.  The MRT kit I had made the hood fit terrible...

im contributing the stuff not fitting correctly to the aftermarket hood.  everything else seems fine.  I have an OEM junk cobra hood in the shed, so ill measure it up tonight to verify, but im guessing the aftermarket hood is made slightly different.  

My cervinis hood is beefier which is probably why mine had issues. They overbuild a little to make sure their hoods are solid.

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

Yea mine is brand X from ebay lol  

finally got some reprieve from the snow and overall shitty weather and got the car in for an alignment yesterday.  Looks so purtty sitting up there

A8F33947-F8E0-4C58-91E8-E8C4014DB86D_zps

im thinking i should invest in a bump steer kit one of these days too

BE2EBCA6-7419-4556-87A8-E2CA42D462ED_zps

• Moderators

install control arms in upper mount

I must have an early version of the MM K member... because of the angle of the frame mount, I can't get the nut up into the K member far enough to use the upper mount.  I have a feeling I am going to have to cut up the freshly coated K member to redo that area.

I must have an early version of the MM K member... because of the angle of the frame mount, I can't get the nut up into the K member far enough to use the upper mount.  I have a feeling I am going to have to cut up the freshly coated K member to redo that area.

Yea thats weird the issue you got goin on.  Should send it into them and see if they can do some sort of swap for a new one. 

Odd. We use that upper mounting frequently.

• Moderators

Odd. We use that upper mounting frequently.

I've sent Will pictures of it, but I don't think they do it justice.  If I could grind off part of the grade 8 nut it will work, or grind off the hat of the stock nut and shorten the bolt length.

@Blackmage, I doubt they are going to exchange a second-hand, used, recoated K member lol.

I've sent Will pictures of it, but I don't think they do it justice.  If I could grind off part of the grade 8 nut it will work, or grind off the hat of the stock nut and shorten the bolt length.

@Blackmage, I doubt they are going to exchange a second-hand, used, recoated K member lol.

Haha ya never know! might need a little $ on top of it, but you could ask :D