Blackmage

My Little Pony Garage - BLKMAGE

Put on a new stock intake, current one had a small rip in it.

57283dd22d6c62c0e734ba02388f8c0d.jpg

Then ripped off the coil pack bracket on the drivers side to replace it with a 99+ one.

80020df94eee0321518b1ee9881ce6ae.jpg

Only to find out they have different mounting holes, assuming the black one is for a 2v and the aluminum for the 2v and 4v. So that's annoying.

63867c8bfa311ba49c619135066ff4b3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well that blows my idea. I saved a power steering bracket off of a police interceptor they were junking at work! back to the drawing board I guess

Yea.. The cam sensor hits the bracket, no big deal I can clearance that. But the bottom bolt holes don't line up. Notice the bottom right one on the aluminum bracket has two holes almost touching, well the metal bracket mounts to the inner hole of the two, and the aluminum uses the outer most. Hope that makes sense lol

Also the metal bracket sits about 1/2-3/4 inch higher, so I'd have to modify that a little or lengthen the p/s hoses.

yeah looking at the side by side pics it makes sense. I know i have seen guys delete the coil mount. i guess they just go to a 99-01 4v bracket? i bet they are cheap...

Oh I'm sure they're easy to come by too....

I'm thinking I may cut up the metal one, weld it up and make it kinda custom.

And then get a different p/s tank. Maybe something aluminum or anodized.

took advantage of the 23* weather yesterday and took the stock CC plates off.

89B29141-DD9F-468C-9CA2-C8CBD94E7B9A_zps

A8FB6B93-632C-45BC-98F4-0830A621854B_zps

annnnd installed. close enough right? 

7A532184-3711-49E3-A9C6-4293E845A484_zps

@Sleeperstang1994

Moment of truth...

4084bbe3f3fb0285b0877f324f24ba44.jpg

Find a mark VIII bracket from 97-98 and it'll work perfect

Love the bracket, the front half of the motor is looking so clean we just need to talk about the wiring mess lol

Love the bracket, the front half of the motor is looking so clean we just need to talk about the wiring mess lol

For starters i have the wires and bracket to move the battery to the trunk.  as for the rest.. idk where to put it all haha

For starters i have the wires and bracket to move the battery to the trunk.  as for the rest.. idk where to put it all haha

It fits nice and cozy in the fender well.

Got the gauge mounted, wired in, and wideband in the exhaust.

This is what was left of the rear O2 lol

a5ca16dc629a71a019081348bf6a05e7.jpg

3a396aca1b8da76098672a1748414743.jpg

7e15bdd7d8dead527db460a9707950e7.jpg

9a9ff2445d147d47bc7bcbde88b6fb9e.jpg

Got the gauge mounted, wired in, and wideband in the exhaust.

This is what was left of the rear O2 lol

a5ca16dc629a71a019081348bf6a05e7.jpg

3a396aca1b8da76098672a1748414743.jpg

7e15bdd7d8dead527db460a9707950e7.jpg

9a9ff2445d147d47bc7bcbde88b6fb9e.jpg

meh!

j/k love the white gauge with blue. looks good

uneventful weekend, but got some new speakers in the doors, and finished up putting in the CC plates.  

A083A7E6-A3AC-42E5-B97D-69C9E9BB37EF_zps

2CA72180-DAD8-46E1-9F53-14C8958019E9_zps

F67F34B6-77E8-4444-89E0-C70B11817696_zps

@Carbon Driven i have an empty spot in my door reserved for some of your product...

B97FF7A3-E6E9-4CDE-B970-BA6863CD5291_zps

stock plates out and finally drilled the 4th hole.   it was 22* this weekend, so plenty warm enough to get outside again

31907EDE-D1EA-4280-A933-5157512E415E_zps

6FFE8001-C11A-4DE4-9E98-DE96B04020D2_zps

Then some random @Sleeperstang1994 talked me into picking up a COP setup.  Ive heard the coil packs were good to stick with for power and what not, but i just want to clean it up i guess with the COP's.  So i started taking stuff off.

FCEA581D-38DD-4CD0-AD5E-D10536FE5A8C_zps

my pay pal account approved this message :D

also I have those speakers as well!!!!! I feel we have a missing connection

my paypal account didnt haha

i only listened to them for like 30 seconds, but so far i like em.  I have the step down from these ones as well, so im going to throw those in the rear.  We are liquidating our stock of speakers at work so i got both sets for $40 total!  pretty stoked, i already have a nice amp running the stock speakers, so these should sound way better haha

Nice progress!

I'm assuming you picked up the COP conversion harness that the guy on SVTPerformance sells?  Don't believe all of the nonsense you hear about it not performing well for high power applications.  Plenty of people are using it without issues.  I have it on my car and I make over 800 to the tire on 22lbs of boost.  JIMSSVT made over 1000 with it on his old turbo car and was running 8's...

Nice progress!

I'm assuming you picked up the COP conversion harness that the guy on SVTPerformance sells?  Don't believe all of the nonsense you hear about it not performing well for high power applications.  Plenty of people are using it without issues.  I have it on my car and I make over 800 to the tire on 22lbs of boost.  JIMSSVT made over 1000 with it on his old turbo car and was running 8's...

Thanks !

In all honestly @Tabres, i dont think i'll be at that power level in a long time.  I have a hard enough time trying to buy new tires for this thing  :wacko:   @Sleeperstang1994 had a cop conversion he wasn't using anymore that he sold me.  It does look like the same wire harness off of SVTP, but we'll see.

Either way, im excited to clean up the engine bay a little more now, and may get some of that techflex everyone has been talking about lately, and cleaning up my engine harness. 

The COP conversion will clean it up real nice!  You won't regret it!

I have a hard enough time trying to buy new tires for this thing  :wacko:

You and me both, lol.  I went all last year putting around on street tires because I put all the play money I had into getting the engine back together and retuned after the old one blew.  Just waiting for my annual bonus to show up so I can pick up some drag radials and actually use more than 1/4 throttle :lol:

The COP conversion will clean it up real nice!  You won't regret it!

You and me both, lol.  I went all last year putting around on street tires because I put all the play money I had into getting the engine back together and retuned after the old one blew.  Just waiting for my annual bonus to show up so I can pick up some drag radials and actually use more than 1/4 throttle :lol:

haha, i cant imagine driving that much power daily during the summer.. id end up spun around at somepoint!    I've been running around on half used porsche GT2 tires for the past couple years.  Guy will bring it in after a year of driving, get new tires, and I swap em onto the stang lol  this year i got a nice set of michelin pilot 2 sports. plenty of tread for me. 

ALSO what are those weird handle things below where your door panel pulls go? :)

ALSO what are those weird handle things below where your door panel pulls go? :)

how do you think i start the damned thing? gotta have a passenger though... 

INTERNET FAIL.... also the harness is from a guy on SVTP. I forget his name though. Redmonster comes to mind?

yuppers

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?668329-Just-finished!!!!-Plug-and-Play-C-O-P-Conversion-Harness!!-Will-be-available-shortly

WORD! that's the guy. super nice guy and real easy to deal with for anyone else that's interested. I would like to think I was easier to deal with though! im just glad to see activity in one of our build threads! :P

WORD! that's the guy. super nice guy and real easy to deal with for anyone else that's interested. I would like to think I was easier to deal with though! im just glad to see activity in one of our build threads! :P

heard you forgot to package up the carbon fiber gauges though....