Blackmage

My Little Pony Garage - BLKMAGE

I'd just cap the intake and run some breathers if it were me, or to a catch-can.

I just dont like the look of it unfortunately.  Im definitely doing a catch can on the drivers side though.  

I've got to say... that's one clean looking engine I must say! :)

what this guy said \/   ;) 

9b3.png

@Sleeperstang1994 reaction: my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-brony

WOAH WOAH WOAH. I don't like being on the receiving end of the meme's :(

@Blackmage I feel like I need a little MLP to cheer me up and tell @Prokiller to leave me alone ... :)

Now kids, settle down! Keep calm and flutter on!

217754__safe_fluttershy_animated_spoiler

I just dont like the look of it unfortunately.  Im definitely doing a catch can on the drivers side though.  

You can't put a catch-can on just one side.  It effectively creates a giant vacuum leak.  You have to do both sides or neither.

You can't put a catch-can on just one side. It effectively creates a giant vacuum leak. You have to do both sides or neither.

How? It's a sealed setup. Valve cover, to catch can, to intake. There's no breather on the catch can.

Sent from my iPhablet

How? It's a sealed setup. Valve cover, to catch can, to intake. There's no breather on the catch can.

Sent from my iPhablet

Oh, I see.  You're talking about an oil-separator.  Those are different from catch-cans :P   That considered, yeah, you're right.  It can be setup that way with a separator.

Oh, I see. You're talking about an oil-separator. Those are different from catch-cans :P That considered, yeah, you're right. It can be setup that way with a separator.

Ah sorry!! I guess I don't know the difference then :-/ hah

Sent from my iPhablet

man you N/A guys not knowing what the difference between catch cans and oil separators SMH. i guess that means a turbo is next ?!

I will bitch slap you!            and someday yes lol

Ah sorry!! I guess I don't know the difference then :-/ hah

Sent from my iPhablet

I hope I didn't come across as condescending before, I totally didn't mean it that way.  Was just trying to helpful  :)

With an oil-separator the stock PCV system is still sealed.  You place the separator between the intake manifold and the valve-cover and it catches the oil that way.

With a catch-can setup you effectively delete the PCV system by capping the intake ports off and running a hose from both valve-covers to a catch-can that has a breather on it.  Some people will also install a vacuum pump that runs from the valve-covers over to the catch-can to place the crank-case under a small vacuum at all times.

I hope I didn't come across as condescending before, I totally didn't mean it that way.  Was just trying to helpful  :)

With an oil-separator the stock PCV system is still sealed.  You place the separator between the intake manifold and the valve-cover and it catches the oil that way.

With a catch-can setup you effectively delete the PCV system by capping the intake ports off and running a hose from both valve-covers to a catch-can that has a breather on it.  Some people will also install a vacuum pump that runs from the valve-covers over to the catch-can to place the crank-case under a small vacuum at all times.

haha no biggie, theres still stuff i dont know! like that!    so yea, ill be running an oil-separator off the drivers side valve cover :) 

well... here we go.

E3E87179-3F0E-431D-8402-D9B8B7E09FE9_zps

6177CBE8-5517-4F7E-9894-8BE66ACB2159_zps

88C624F6-F1C8-4AF2-9272-A2E55621BE09_zps

CB6B48F3-DE2F-439C-B962-EDD11DEBD91F_zps

not to bad!  everything looks like it needs to be polished now, and makes other stuff look dirtier than it really is :-/  ugh. 

13A9134F-961B-4063-82C3-AC4C388473BB_zps

That's not bad but theres still a ton more smoothing to do on that intake

Yea, you could shave off the whole drivers side stil ltoo.. lol 

D1C31DFF-orig.jpg

Yea, you could shave off the whole drivers side stil ltoo.. lol 

D1C31DFF-orig.jpg

That's nice but he went threw all that work of grinding and welding only to leave all the ribs lol. Makes me really want to buy a tig welder so I can do shit like that

correct me if im wrong before i go to fastenal tomorrow. but im looking for 6mm X 1.00 correct?

You sir are correct. I went with a 25mm long I think for the intake manifold bolts, throttle cable bracket, iac, power steering reservoir, and throttle body. Grab one of your tb bolts and check against that length. I can tell you in the morn exactly what I got but I'm fairly certain it was the 25mm long... I think... Lol

Sent from my iPhablet

Got my tech flex last week, so Friday night I spent getting it put onto the fuse box harness

2b190f304b90d0ddae07291ac946797e.jpg

daebe1a5dbdaa04fcc2b2d4f6b10dbc2.jpg

92da022b8a2c60c05e3cd6eb29175997.jpg

90ce1ff6d6e439141c8cef3e321eda09.jpg

c401f7633a98d38b5e2e97cd783ed1ad.jpg

1f0afa2dfa941c8b5fb7186e7d35d3f7.jpg

f20ae6040d4ff158b3e07660b5cf6ec5.jpg

fa2fa8a257e69f62effa6eefa978b2bd.jpg

dbe7d471765175f9066d737b3dfea2cb.jpg

29b3ee654a4badd553c200b37349d987.jpg

e85ceee526bd6c6373e41d69179b1fac.jpg

618e98044cb3864aadeffe3da1537bb8.jpg

5fe7d72fc466932f1d2357c6dd481338.jpg

e51686819724b50b9b2ee019ce11a020.jpg

May not be the best use of the techflex, but for my first time using it I think I did good

Then I went ahead and tried to get the harness positioned on the car and mount the fuse box. Again, no clue what I'm doing so hoping this will suffice.

6be82b675f2cce2633ecb7169134fe96.jpg

38754a653cf3eec3d1f12b498cba6118.jpg

@Tabres, this is how i routed my alt wire. Under the intake and then under the master cylinder and under the fender up to the fuse box.

5b91b1ab8a68e20e7570fa75b69d89e0.jpg

Sent from my iPhablet

The wiring is looking real good man.  If you haven't thought of it already, make sure to test fit the fender liners before finalizing placement of the harness.  I remember when I did my wire tuck I had some interference issues and had to change the routing a bit to get the fender liners to sit back where they were supposed to. 

The wiring is looking real good man. If you haven't thought of it already, make sure to test fit the fender liners before finalizing placement of the harness. I remember when I did my wire tuck I had some interference issues and had to change the routing a bit to get the fender liners to sit back where they were supposed to.

Make sure it all sits above the lip of the upper frame rail..... Ask me how I know.....

262a2d63d24165ebd8522b00e3654acf.jpg

Looking good Will!  What all did you have to extend?  I may end up doing this to mine one day when I tear the Cobra completely down.  

I'm also interested in the bolt sizes as well for when I get around to putting on the COP covers.

Looks great Will, once you start sleeving stuff with Tech Flex you'll look at convoluted tubing/wire loom in disgust lol. It's much nicer looking and much smaller diameter than wire loom to boot.

Did you have to build a new alt cable to run it that way? Didn't imagine the factory cable was that long.

Looks really nice!

Yea, i had to extend both the charge wire and the 3 wire connector about 4-5 feet i'd say.  Originally they just ran from the alternator straight over to the battery, so a little extra was definitely needed.  

i think its looking good! i imagine a decent amount of time and energy went into making that harness look that nice!

Thanks man! appreciate that. there was a lot of blood, sweat, and tears!  ok maybe none of the above but it was a decent amount of work lol

The wiring is looking real good man.  If you haven't thought of it already, make sure to test fit the fender liners before finalizing placement of the harness.  I remember when I did my wire tuck I had some interference issues and had to change the routing a bit to get the fender liners to sit back where they were supposed to. 

so i havnt had inner liners for maybe 6 years? I really dont know what happened to them lol  im going to try to get them up over the frame rail as much as possible, just a quick test fit and holding them up and they seemed to fit just barely, but I wont know till later this week how well. 

Make sure it all sits above the lip of the upper frame rail..... Ask me how I know.....

psh, this techflex will protect it ;)    

Looking good Will!  What all did you have to extend?  I may end up doing this to mine one day when I tear the Cobra completely down.  

I'm also interested in the bolt sizes as well for when I get around to putting on the COP covers.

Thanks bud! i honestly didn't have to extend anything.  I tore the whole harness down, kept the wires all where they were and where they split off from the main harness, and then re-wrapped it.  because I really didn't move anything too far I didnt think i needed to extend or test fit.  luckily i was right in that assumption and everything fits perfect along with the main harness being tucked behing the front bumper.  

The COP cover bolts were 6mmx1.0 and 20mm long.   The rest of the bolts for the intake and sensors were 6mmx1.0 and 25mm long.  

Looks great Will, once you start sleeving stuff with Tech Flex you'll look at convoluted tubing/wire loom in disgust lol. It's much nicer looking and much smaller diameter than wire loom to boot.

Thanks Dan.  After i got it all in, i looked at the engine harness in disgust :(  might be a fall project at this point though. just waiting on a couple more things and the engine will be buttoned up, and then i can finish with the battery relocate and fire er up!

I still have the templates for the skirt panels, might as well just mail them to you  B-)  :D  ;)

like full templates or front shield type stuff?

What type of templates are talking?! I might be interested!!!! We can whore these templates out hard. No matter what the are[emoji7]

You just wanted to say whore and hard in the same sentence didnt you...

goodies!!!!!   gt my C&L intake and Moroso power steering tank in today.  

F24FB744-017F-4019-86EA-FE0F4FBA4C08_zps

55D501C7-883D-4013-8268-5DC18D3BB734_zps

B633ED11-AC41-4B16-9CA7-ED19BE379C31_zps

FA167DCD-0188-49C6-BCAE-9C558D2389EE_zps

now clean up that IAC valve its driving me nuts lol

lol me too.  i have to get an actual gasket for it too, i just used RTV when i put it on a couple years ago :-/   Kinda wish there was a way to move it now that I look at it, pretty big eye sore compared to the rest of stuff.

alright where did we leave off..

I dont have any finished pics of how it looks under here, but this is the jist of it, i had to pull back the wires a little more by where they come through the fender well, but nothing rubs and everything has a good 1-2" of clearance.  The stuff up top has close to 3-4" of room, so everything should be good to go.  btw it is much cleaner after i wrapped everything up :P

EC7410FB-7AFA-4DDE-B361-42FA37DA69A6_zps

I had everything insalled and bolted down for the most part.. then i contacted AM about an install guide and went from this

FAD8BEF8-7F77-421B-8D30-34657020DF28_zps

to this:

7FBC4235-5A2B-477C-822C-E186D42BF0DE_zps

and then back to this lol

D38C80F8-BD3A-4914-A679-DD8339E92523_zps

I knew i had some extra elbows and hose for the valve covers somewhere, and i finally wrangled them up and came up with this to complete the bullitt intake on the Fobra.

DEE04B86-320B-4C47-914C-59105D9446A3_zps

and with everything back together, this is what the finished bay looks like.

BE9FE360-7B13-4266-8C1B-53E48F757F41_zps

I also got the extra gauges installed and working.  I think the cold ass weather got the best of my oil pressure, as it was super high for a bit, then settled down to about 60.

CF99B655-DA12-4ABE-9D53-6CCCB05FB103_zps

and then took it on its maiden voyage!

F829F3FC-FCA8-41BF-B6B5-47173363EA5F_zps

this is the first time the car has ran in months and its first startup with the COP conversion and all the moving of crap around.

and here is a brief startup and walk around

Now, it didnt go THAT smooth when i first started to crank the car over for the first time.  I initially turned the key on after hooking up the battery and had ZERO power.  I forgot to hook up the power wire at the distribution block in the fender. DOH.  (i then hooked up my battery charger and set it at 10amp charge) Then, my HID's would flicker super bad before i tried cranking as well, so i looked for some bad grounds, found where i forgot to hook up the two small ones coming out of the headlight harness.  Still had lights flickering and then i had some buzzing noises when i would step on the brakes.  THEN my speedo and tach were flucuating when the key was on and engine OFF.   GAAAHHHHHHH what did i fuck up?     

Finally i said F it im just going to try starting it, and that gave me the final clue to my issue.  It cranked over extremely slow and clicked.  Crap, battery is D-E-D ded.  Put the charger at 40amp charge and everything worked perfect and it cranked over NO PROBLEM!!!   *insert massive sigh of relief*   and here we are, running and driving.

awesome work Will.  Can't believe how much you've accomplished in the short time and with the temps you've been dealing with.  you're working at @tony speed on this project.

bay looks great man! 

Thanks @tony!

awesome work Will.  Can't believe how much you've accomplished in the short time and with the temps you've been dealing with.  you're working at @tony speed on this project.

Haha thanks man.  i basically worked all day saturday and sunday on it.  GF was not happy but she had plenty of homework this weekend so it all worked out. Just need to mount the battery box in the trunk and get some new lower control arms on and ill be set for summer, well, still need an alignment and get my tune figured out.