95riosnake

The Chronicles of 95riosnake's OCD Machine

Haha my apologies sir... You know I was doing my best to come say what's up. Trying to get the car for a few hours when there were 6 other people needing it proved to be pretty much impossible. It didn't help that for some reason regardless of how early we headed out to dinner, we somehow never made it back till after 11pm. Driving almost an hour each way plus hangout time was tough to pull off after 11 lol.

Maybe next time brutha!

at some point ya see so much perfection that it becomes a challenge to find flaw!

hence the fn cut out switch, lol. really? :rolleyes: the switch looks fine. a tad glossy but doesnt make the white cobra with the 19,000 pics any better hahahaha!! gtfo

Did you get your gauge pod back yet?

Not yet, he said a week or two at most and it'll be on the way. He's a pretty busy guy, Carbon Driven has been releasing 94-04 parts ridiculously quickly recently so I'd imagine he has a full plate.

I can't wait to get it back though!

Lmao! Sorry to derail your thread Dan! I thought you guys all lived close, since you had that photoshoot together that time so long ago haha.

Haha no worries!

And no, we all actually live really far apart, Carlisle was pretty much the only place we all found ourselves every year. It actually felt kinda weird this year not going to Carlisle.

Those who are requesting progress pics I'll have some updates tomorrow :thumb:

Ok so this post will start out with some progress you all would expect to see, and then I'm gonna spill the beans about something I've been keeping under wraps until now. But we'll get to that ;)

The interior lacquer showed up from CJ Pony Parts right after I got back from Florida, so I stripped all the stuff out of the console, then prepped and cleaned with soap/water and a scotchbrite pad.

6tno.jpg

A few coats later, and looking pristine!

oy56.jpg

Meanwhile my blower came back from getting a fresh rebuild at Procharger with new oil seals, it picked up some marring and scratches that I'm not very happy about but it is what it is. I'll have to polish them out, they aren't too bad but I'm far too picky to leave them.

teuy.jpg

d548.jpg

My oval exhaust piping came in as well so I can get crackin on the new side pipes. This is what $309 worth of stainless oval tubing looks like btw :faint2:

Took me a while to talk myself into clicking the "submit order" button on these...

hx3f.jpg

Now I have to preface the big news with some kinda bad news. I will not be able to bring the car to Mustang Week. :( It is nowhere near done, too many parts aren't yet in my hands, and I recently was informed that the house we are renting is no longer allowing trailer parking so I would have nowhere to park a trailer, even if I managed to find a truck to pull one with. It really blows and I'm pretty bummed that I can't bring my car, but I've accepted it and I'm still gonna have a blast, drink some beer and hang out with some forum people :thumb:

Onto the big news, this has been the plan since probably November, and it has been very slow going while I have been waiting for new products to hit the shelves but here goes...

Many of you may have noticed a new member joined recently by the name nightshade_93, and he mentioned that I sent him here, you might even recall where he works. Well I have been in contact with Josh for a few months now, and recently referred him to our site while on the phone with him placing an order...

A couple days ago a shipment arrived, and this shirt was inside...

h8r6.jpg

:popcorn:

Quite a curious thing to find in a box right?

Here are the boxes from Josh and some others... but what could going on here? :whistle:

8n9c.jpg

I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume you all have realized by now that the OCD Machine is getting air ride! I have wanted air ride pretty much FOREVER so it's time to make it happen. It's not all here yet, because the new redesigned front RideTech shockwave struts have not hit the shelves yet because Fox Racing is still testing them, and the also-redesigned RideTech adjustable rear shocks are set to be released in the next week or two once Fox finishes them. I also have the complete RideTech E3 management system coming from Cali soon, coming off the owner of Carbon Driven's Shelby. So I will update all of you when I receive all those parts. Anyway, here are some of the parts I already have:

b8wf.jpg

Rear Coolride bags (I would have liked to go with a rear shockwave setup but due to the space limitations with the IRS, the bag has to go in the stock spring location), also standard valves, fittings...

um7t.jpg

Dual Viair 480c compressors and SMC water traps

bkdl.jpg

RideTech LevelPro sensors (found these for a steal, brand new on eBay for almost half new price!)

2gia.jpg

I also got the RideTech 5 gallon tank below. It comes with built-in mounting brackets but where's the challenge in mounting it using them? ;)

Armed with my grinder, I got started by cutting the brackets off.

5v56.jpg

d191.jpg

ocf5.jpg

e9rw.jpg

So to mount the tank, I started looking online and stumbled onto these pretty trick nitrous bottle mounts on eBay so I ordered them. Unfortunately even though I asked about dimensions ahead of time (the Ridetech tank's diameter is VERY close to the diameter of a 15lb nitrous bottle), when they showed up, the inner diameter wasn't quite big enough to fit the Ridetech tank so I threw them in the CNC and enlarged the inner diameter to fit the tank.

i7ac.jpg

Here they are mounted on the tank. I also swapped out the black oxide studs the brackets came with for some nice stainless allen bolts :)

rvcg.jpg

n8lu.jpg

I started by sketching out some ideas on cardboard. Below shows the design I settled on. The upper heim joint will bolt to a bracket/tab I'll weld in place under the package tray near the trunk opening (think near the remote battery terminals I've shown pics of), the aluminum clamp will clamp onto the cross bar of my shock tower brace, and the air tank brackets will bolt to the steel tubes. The blue line you see is where I'm going to cut the bottom area of the bracket off, then it will mount to the steel tube using a bracket that bolts to the side through the two lower holes.

xod9.jpg

I then bent some steel tubing and started welding up the frame arms, welded on the heim joint bungs and two steel spacers to bolt to the aluminum clamps.

sidj.jpg

js6s.jpg

856t.JPG

Here's one completed arm shown clamped in place on the shock tower cross bar. If it looks crooked, that's because it is, lol. I didn't want the arms to go straight up to the mount tabs, rather they will both tilt inward toward each other. I apologize for the washed out picture, it's a hard place to get a decent picture of holding a light and a camera, lol.

v8cw.jpg

That's where I'm at with it for now, I'm pretty excited because I've run through the build process of bagging this car hundreds of times in my head. It feels great to finally be doing it :bananen_smilies102:

I'm sure that :tony: will be popping in shortly! lol

I knew some shit was up lol. Well now I have 3 reasons my guys need to add this to our catalogs. Sean's gonna flip but man when the time comes to see this car in person it's going to be awesome for all of us.

Dan you never cease to amaze me man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

:tony: <3's you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so thaaaaats why you hoped to get a tad more camber, lol!! now i see you sum bitch!!

so its official!! a photoshoot HAS to happen! dam dan that things gonna look so fn nasty dude!

Holy no words to describe my excitement for the finished product batman! Dude, as if your car wasn't perfect already, you just keep raising the bar!

Tapatalk made me do it!

Haha thanks man, I am always trying to think of ways to step it up :thumb:

I knew some shit was up lol. Well now I have 3 reasons my guys need to add this to our catalogs. Sean's gonna flip but man when the time comes to see this car in person it's going to be awesome for all of us.

Dan you never cease to amaze me man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I thought some people might have made a connection when Josh said he worked at RideTech and I referred him here, lol. I'm gonna do my best to get this thing done before the summer is over, I just have been finding it harder and harder to get a solid day of work in the garage... more like a couple hours or so. I have to have a game plan and make it count whenever I get the chance lol.

So upset that I won't see the car in person this year but I can't even wait to see it after because it's going to be even more badass!!

Trust me I was so excited to get my car to MW but at this point there's just no way to even have it done to my satisfaction before then, let alone even get it there. Now that the trailer parking situation is a bust, I'm just gonna bring my camera and bs about cars for a week! Basically a live version of a forum lol.

:tony: <3's you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so thaaaaats why you hoped to get a tad more camber, lol!! now i see you sum bitch!!

so its official!! a photoshoot HAS to happen! dam dan that things gonna look so fn nasty dude!

Oh definitely man, we will find a spot to meet up and take some epic pics once I get this thing laying on its nuts!

I have the weirdest boner right now...

Morten, don't you always have a boner? :biggrin:

pretty awesome update!
Definitely one wicked update . One of my all time favorite sn95's is going to be laying out on air :) . Top notch work as always

Thank you sirs, I have been waiting till some more air parts showed up to spill the beans about this. Until now I've only had the LevelPro sensors and the tank... not really enough to show anyone. Hopefully pretty soon I'll have everything in hand and I can really dive into it.

finally we talk about it! woot! i'm sure it's been killing you not to tell anyone, it has for me.

Haha when the box showed up from RideTech with the bags and valves the other day I decided it was time to fill people in. Plus I don't want to let the build pics pile up and have to try to think back and document the whole process after the fact. It's much easier to just update step by step.

Funny thing is I specifically remember telling you last summer that winter 2012/2013 I was just gonna take it easy and not do very much to the car other than work out some small issues it had. So much for that, lol.

dam now i dont have shit on dan! lol, always felt like yeaaa...his cars nasty but mines lower. NOPE, not now! lol

I'm actually planning some pretty extensive shit to get it as low as possible, lol. I am going to pull the rear quarters just enough to tuck the 305/30/19 R888's I still haven't gotten mounted yet, and a few other tricks. I was hoping you wouldn't think I was trying to piss in your cheerios by bagging my car... if anything seeing your car solidified my decision to pull the trigger on it :thumb:

hahaha how jealous are you gonna be because he can rear camber and you cant?! :look:

Haha I do plan to get a little camber in the back. I'm sure a lot of cookie cutter people in the mustang scene won't approve but that's part of the reason I want to do it. If you're not ruffling some feathers you aren't trying hard enough ;)

I'm actually planning some pretty extensive shit to get it as low as possible, lol. I am going to pull the rear quarters just enough to tuck the 305/30/19 R888's I still haven't gotten mounted yet, and a few other tricks. I was hoping you wouldn't think I was trying to piss in your cheerios by bagging my car... if anything seeing your car solidified my decision to pull the trigger on it :thumb:

Haha I do plan to get a little camber in the back. I'm sure a lot of cookie cutter people in the mustang scene won't approve but that's part of the reason I want to do it. If you're not ruffling some feathers you aren't trying hard enough ;)

i could never be jealous or envious of such an awesome guy! i have no problem admitting dudes car is on a level i strive to be at. dont know if i'll ever go as far as you dan but i will def give it a go, lol. dam dude it sucks you live so far cause i would get you bagged asap lol. now that my fn shoulder is at 70% i could slap that plug & play kit together purdy fn quick! actually nothings plug & play for you is it, hahaha? gotta do it your way. dude i seriously am so impressed with the actual eqpt. you have too! those rear bags will be great. yea shockwaves are nice but nothing wrong with old school bags. nasty tank mounts also!!! 2 compressors and 5 gallon tank..psshhh....plenty of air to play with! just a quick little piece of advice...do NOT use any kind of pipe dope on the valve assembly, lol. those little ass valves get stuck from the tiniest particles. i had to redo all my fittings with good 'ol teflon tape! seriously, they will get stuck alotif ya use pipe dope! i know you have tons of knowledge on just about every aspect of a car but if you need any advice or have any kind of questions i def gochyu! awesome dude! just awesome! Edited by tony

i could never be jealous or envious of such an awesome guy! i have no problem admitting dudes car i on a level i strive to be at. dont know if i'll ever go as far as you dan but i will def give it a go, lol. dam dude it sucks you live so far cause i would get you bagged asap lol. now that my fn shoulder is at 70% i could slap that plug & play kit together purdy fn quick! actually nothings plug & play for you i it, hahaha? gotta do it your way. dude i seriously am so impressed with the actual eqpt. you have too! those rear bags will be great. yea shockwaves are nice but nothing wrong with old school bags. nasty tank mounts also!!! 2 compressors and 5 gallon tank..psshhh....plenty of air to play with! just a quick little piece of advice...do NOT use any kind of pipe dope on the valve assembly, lol. those little ass valves get stuck from the tiniest particles. i had to redo all my fittings with good 'ol teflon tape! seriously, they will get stuck alot! i know you have tons of knowledge on just about every aspect of a car but if you need any advice or have any kind of questions i def gochyu! awesome dude! just awesome!

Yea there is no such thing as plug and play in my head, lol. Good call on using teflon tape, I am definitely new to actually installing bags so I will take any and all advice anyone has. I do plan on hitting you up with questions when they come up! Between you and Tom (sinis) I have two pretty knowledgeable guys with air suspensions to turn to so I feel pretty confident I can get this thing together :thumb:

Out of curiousity where in Ohio are you located again? I don't think it's ridiculously far, maybe 3 hrs or so from me?

Yea there is no such thing as plug and play in my head, lol. Good call on using teflon tape, I am definitely new to actually installing bags so I will take any and all advice anyone has. I do plan on hitting you up with questions when they come up! Between you and Tom (sinis) I have two pretty knowledgeable guys with air suspensions to turn to so I feel pretty confident I can get this thing together :thumb:

Out of curiousity where in Ohio are you located again? I don't think it's ridiculously far, maybe 3 hrs or so from me?

aw yea i forgot you and tom are buddies too. that guy dont eff around either, lol. i'm in columbus. some guys use pipe dope cause it CAN seal better then teflon tape. these ridetech valves are great bet VERY fn sensitive lol. once that pipe dope starts to dry up. the tiniest of particles will keep them valves wide open. i just said all that shit did'nt i hahaha!!

when ya get everything wrapped up lets get together. i can drive pretty far with this stock motor and gas is'nt too bad at all. prolly cost you a fortune lol. now get crackin dammit! :mmph:

aw yea i forgot you and tom are buddies too. that guy dont eff around either, lol. i'm in columbus. some guys use pipe dope cause it CAN seal better then teflon tape. these ridetech valves are great bet VERY fn sensitive lol. once that pipe dope starts to dry up. the tiniest of particles will keep them valves wide open. i just said all that shit did'nt i hahaha!!

when ya get everything wrapped up lets get together. i can drive pretty far with this stock motor and gas is'nt too bad at all. prolly cost you a fortune lol. now get crackin dammit! :mmph:

Oh I'm not worried one bit about gas, any nice location between us is fine with me. I've driven this damn car just over 600 miles since October 2011... that needs to change so I'm hoping to rack up some miles before winter once I get this sled on the road.

Oh I'm not worried one bit about gas, any nice location between us is fine with me. I've driven this damn car just over 600 miles since October 2011... that needs to change so I'm hoping to rack up some miles before winter once I get this sled on the road.
so is pittsburgh only 3 hours from cols? shit i drive 3 hours all the time to visit my pops in cleveland. hour and a half or so wont be bad at all. lets make it happen my man! i'll even let you take over on the epicness photoshoot lol. you seem to be pretty handy with a camera too. fuck dude is there anything you are'nt skilled at? you play guitar too, lo?

Damn, I think when/if I go to Japan, on top of an epic beasty 2V build, I'm going to have to pick up some air ride for the rear. I bet I could tweak it and launch it like a bat outa hell.

Tapatalk made me do it!

Yep google says 3 hrs 4 mins from Pittsburgh to Columbus :thumb:

I'm still pretty new to shooting photos. I bought my Canon before we went to Jamaica for our honeymoon last year so I could get some nice pics, then ever since then it has become the documenting tool for building my car ;) I still have a lot to learn to take awesome photos. Rich and Ryan are both REALLY good photographers, so I hope to pick up some tricks from them at MW. I really want a fish eye lens for my camera, but holy shit are they expensive!

Damn, I think when/if I go to Japan, on top of an epic beasty 2V build, I'm going to have to pick up some air ride for the rear. I bet I could tweak it and launch it like a bat outa hell.

Tapatalk made me do it!

you could squat that effer down for some nasty launches i would bet!!!
Yep google says 3 hrs 4 mins from Pittsburgh to Columbus :thumb:

I'm still pretty new to shooting photos. I bought my Canon before we went to Jamaica for our honeymoon last year so I could get some nice pics, then ever since then it has become the documenting tool for building my car ;) I still have a lot to learn to take awesome photos. Rich and Ryan are both REALLY good photographers, so I hope to pick up some tricks from them at MW. I really want a fish eye lens for my camera, but holy shit are they expensive!

yea i dont have a great camera. the pics i have are from a fuji lol. it can take decent shots but still not as clean and nice as the pics i've seen from you. i think i'm good at positioning a car for good pics but lack in the quality dept.

Ermagherd I have to touch my feet (Steve knows what I mean). I'm so excited for this. I freaking love bags (That's why I love Tony's car so much) and I love that you're throwing some camber in the rear (I'm so JDM). Sure I'm sad I'll miss the car at MW but this thing is going to be even more epic than before. I didn't know that was even possible!!!

• Moderators

So insanely jealous Dan. This is going to be awesome! I started out my rebuild of this car wanting to bag it but just couldn't afford it and everything else the car needs. I cannot wait to see your car on its nuts.

Wish RideTech made something for my X5 haha.

Edited by Psychorugby

I thought some people might have made a connection when Josh said he worked at RideTech and I referred him here, lol. I'm gonna do my best to get this thing done before the summer is over, I just have been finding it harder and harder to get a solid day of work in the garage... more like a couple hours or so. I have to have a game plan and make it count whenever I get the chance lol.

i guessed it months ago :D i remember you got all pissed at Tom cause you thought he spilled the beans. HAHA!

Funny thing is I specifically remember telling you last summer that winter 2012/2013 I was just gonna take it easy and not do very much to the car other than work out some small issues it had. So much for that, lol.

that's what you said the year before about the engine too and you rolled up with a blower...you sir are a compulsive liar, might want to get that check out

yeah we are going to have to get a 1st official SN95Source meet planned. Maybe like spring next year, that way it gives everyone time to get the big projects they have going now time to finish.
dam now i dont have shit on dan! lol, always felt like yeaaa...his cars nasty but mines lower. NOPE, not now! lol
Dude you have the verts, Dan has the coupes all in all you two have some of the sweetest cars I have ever seen.
Ermagherd I have to touch my feet (Steve knows what I mean). I'm so excited for this. I freaking love bags (That's why I love Tony's car so much) and I love that you're throwing some camber in the rear (I'm so JDM). Sure I'm sad I'll miss the car at MW but this thing is going to be even more epic than before. I didn't know that was even possible!!!
You sick ......... Trust me you guys don't want to know lol.

Dan I am guessing our plan to adjust the shipping worked out well for you then..