95riosnake

The Chronicles of 95riosnake's OCD Machine

• Moderators
yeah we are going to have to get a 1st official SN95Source meet planned. Maybe like spring next year, that way it gives everyone time to get the big projects they have going now time to finish.

Florida! Hopefully I will at least have a suspension in by that time LOL.

This big addition is just going to set the car off ... I love some stretched 1/4's .... So it's been noted we all need to step our game up

dam dan stretching the quarters too huh? wondered how you were going to tuck them rear wheels haha! so this will be new paint then huh? or is that hush hush?

Ok so this post will start out with some progress you all would expect to see, and then I'm gonna spill the beans about something I've been keeping under wraps until now. But we'll get to that ;)

The interior lacquer showed up from CJ Pony Parts right after I got back from Florida, so I stripped all the stuff out of the console, then prepped and cleaned with soap/water and a scotchbrite pad.

6tno.jpg

A few coats later, and looking pristine!

oy56.jpg

Meanwhile my blower came back from getting a fresh rebuild at Procharger with new oil seals, it picked up some marring and scratches that I'm not very happy about but it is what it is. I'll have to polish them out, they aren't too bad but I'm far too picky to leave them.

teuy.jpg

d548.jpg

My oval exhaust piping came in as well so I can get crackin on the new side pipes. This is what $309 worth of stainless oval tubing looks like btw :faint2:

Took me a while to talk myself into clicking the "submit order" button on these...

hx3f.jpg

Now I have to preface the big news with some kinda bad news. I will not be able to bring the car to Mustang Week. :( It is nowhere near done, too many parts aren't yet in my hands, and I recently was informed that the house we are renting is no longer allowing trailer parking so I would have nowhere to park a trailer, even if I managed to find a truck to pull one with. It really blows and I'm pretty bummed that I can't bring my car, but I've accepted it and I'm still gonna have a blast, drink some beer and hang out with some forum people :thumb:

Onto the big news, this has been the plan since probably November, and it has been very slow going while I have been waiting for new products to hit the shelves but here goes...

Many of you may have noticed a new member joined recently by the name nightshade_93, and he mentioned that I sent him here, you might even recall where he works. Well I have been in contact with Josh for a few months now, and recently referred him to our site while on the phone with him placing an order...

A couple days ago a shipment arrived, and this shirt was inside...

h8r6.jpg

:popcorn:

Quite a curious thing to find in a box right?

Here are the boxes from Josh and some others... but what could going on here? :whistle:

8n9c.jpg

I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume you all have realized by now that the OCD Machine is getting air ride! I have wanted air ride pretty much FOREVER so it's time to make it happen. It's not all here yet, because the new redesigned front RideTech shockwave struts have not hit the shelves yet because Fox Racing is still testing them, and the also-redesigned RideTech adjustable rear shocks are set to be released in the next week or two once Fox finishes them. I also have the complete RideTech E3 management system coming from Cali soon, coming off the owner of Carbon Driven's Shelby. So I will update all of you when I receive all those parts. Anyway, here are some of the parts I already have:

b8wf.jpg

Rear Coolride bags (I would have liked to go with a rear shockwave setup but due to the space limitations with the IRS, the bag has to go in the stock spring location), also standard valves, fittings...

um7t.jpg

Dual Viair 480c compressors and SMC water traps

bkdl.jpg

RideTech LevelPro sensors (found these for a steal, brand new on eBay for almost half new price!)

2gia.jpg

I also got the RideTech 5 gallon tank below. It comes with built-in mounting brackets but where's the challenge in mounting it using them? ;)

Armed with my grinder, I got started by cutting the brackets off.

5v56.jpg

d191.jpg

ocf5.jpg

e9rw.jpg

So to mount the tank, I started looking online and stumbled onto these pretty trick nitrous bottle mounts on eBay so I ordered them. Unfortunately even though I asked about dimensions ahead of time (the Ridetech tank's diameter is VERY close to the diameter of a 15lb nitrous bottle), when they showed up, the inner diameter wasn't quite big enough to fit the Ridetech tank so I threw them in the CNC and enlarged the inner diameter to fit the tank.

i7ac.jpg

Here they are mounted on the tank. I also swapped out the black oxide studs the brackets came with for some nice stainless allen bolts :)

rvcg.jpg

n8lu.jpg

I started by sketching out some ideas on cardboard. Below shows the design I settled on. The upper heim joint will bolt to a bracket/tab I'll weld in place under the package tray near the trunk opening (think near the remote battery terminals I've shown pics of), the aluminum clamp will clamp onto the cross bar of my shock tower brace, and the air tank brackets will bolt to the steel tubes. The blue line you see is where I'm going to cut the bottom area of the bracket off, then it will mount to the steel tube using a bracket that bolts to the side through the two lower holes.

xod9.jpg

I then bent some steel tubing and started welding up the frame arms, welded on the heim joint bungs and two steel spacers to bolt to the aluminum clamps.

sidj.jpg

js6s.jpg

856t.JPG

Here's one completed arm shown clamped in place on the shock tower cross bar. If it looks crooked, that's because it is, lol. I didn't want the arms to go straight up to the mount tabs, rather they will both tilt inward toward each other. I apologize for the washed out picture, it's a hard place to get a decent picture of holding a light and a camera, lol.

v8cw.jpg

That's where I'm at with it for now, I'm pretty excited because I've run through the build process of bagging this car hundreds of times in my head. It feels great to finally be doing it :bananen_smilies102:

I'm sure that :tony: will be popping in shortly! lol

Damn I am jelous of the shirt........... I can get try to get some pics of how my sensors are mounted if you want but I am sure with yours its completely different now. You will love the system though as its still giving me evil grins. You like the way people checked out your car while you were backing into your spot wait till you put the cherry on top and air it out....

Florida! Hopefully I will at least have a suspension in by that time LOL.
We will figure it out, I am almost certain it won't be the last one we do lol.
So it's been noted we all need to step our game up
yeah I think you nailed that one lol

• Moderators
We will figure it out, I am almost certain it won't be the last one we do lol.

My wife (and neighbors) might veto, but I'd put up my street LOL.

Ermagherd I have to touch my feet (Steve knows what I mean). I'm so excited for this. I freaking love bags (That's why I love Tony's car so much) and I love that you're throwing some camber in the rear (I'm so JDM). Sure I'm sad I'll miss the car at MW but this thing is going to be even more epic than before. I didn't know that was even possible!!!

Haha I'll let you do your thing with the foot touching.... lol

I love a little camber personally. I think a lot of the "stance" guys take it waaaaay too far but I think a little bit looks tough as nails. Sorry about not getting it to MW, especially since you didn't get to see it when you were in my neck of the woods recently. I promise eventually I'll get it somewhere you can check it out lol.

So insanely jealous Dan. This is going to be awesome! I started out my rebuild of this car wanting to bag it but just couldn't afford it and everything else the car needs. I cannot wait to see your car on its nuts.

Wish RideTech made something for my X5 haha.

hmmmm.... bagged X5... make it happen! That would be sick

i guessed it months ago :D i remember you got all pissed at Tom cause you thought he spilled the beans. HAHA!

that's what you said the year before about the engine too and you rolled up with a blower...you sir are a compulsive liar, might want to get that check out

Not necessarily lying, just fooling myself I suppose. The reality is it's impossible to control this addiction, so I might as well stop lying to myself, lol

Dan I am guessing our plan to adjust the shipping worked out well for you then..

Yep, it showed up the Monday after I returned, perfect! :thumb:

dam dan stretching the quarters too huh? wondered how you were going to tuck them rear wheels haha! so this will be new paint then huh? or is that hush hush?

There will be paint involved...but just the quarters and blend into the doors. But who knows, knowing how I can't stop myself it may end up more than that lol.

Damn I am jelous of the shirt........... I can get try to get some pics of how my sensors are mounted if you want but I am sure with yours its completely different now. You will love the system though as its still giving me evil grins. You like the way people checked out your car while you were backing into your spot wait till you put the cherry on top and air it out....

Oh I can't wait. Every time I've seen a car air out nice and slow I wanted to strangle the owner in the bushes and steal the keys. I LOVE bagged cars.

And yea, if it isn't too much trouble I'd love to see how you mounted the levelpro sensors. Mounting them is definitely a trial and error kinda thing. I'm sure I'll get it figured out but I wouldn't mind seeing how you mounted yours at least for some ideas :thumb:

3/8" because I don't want it to be fast at all. I've also read that the E3 works better with smaller lines. If you use Big Red valves and 1/2" lines it has a hard time keeping things under control because the bags fill and dump so fast.

• Moderators
hmmmm.... bagged X5... make it happen! That would be sick

Money is an issue... and I can only find one "kit"... but it would look like this (I wouldn't do 23" wheels because I'm too cheap to buy those tires for a DD)

x-5e70eskn0067xx.jpg

Seems every other show I go too now, the people on either side just complain that their car is not low enough now. Wonder how long it will be till everyone is bagging their mustang? Let me know when the struts come out as I ran their rear shocks and would like to match them up front.post-61-13881838340099_thumb.jpg. Trying to find a link to some cable clips that are perfect for running an air line and the sensor wiring nice and clean that I found. Mounts with a single screw and holds both of them nice and tight, easily removable....

post-61-13881838339479_thumb.jpg

Glad to hear it showed up when you wanted it to.

My wife (and neighbors) might veto, but I'd put up my street LOL.

this is a picture from the very first meet I had for the BMC M/A crew. My neighbors came out in flocks to check out all the cars lol.

BMCE1102.jpg

Awesome thanks for the pics Scott. The location you used up front should work for me, probably not the back because of the IRS but at least I have an idea what I can do for the front.

I'll definitely let you know about the front struts when they come out, they are completely redesigned from what Josh told me and they're supposed to be tits. Fox Racing told them they want to do 50,000 miles of testing before they'll ok them. That kinda sucks but at the same time it's good to know they'll be rock solid... I just hope the testing is done sooner rather than later.

As far as everyone bagging their mustangs, I don't see that ever happening. There are still too many narrow minds, and I think the price point to get into a nice setup will always keep it a unique thing. It's not like throwing a set of sportlines on the car for sure, haha.

Definitely let me know when you find those clips you used. That's one thing I've been brainstorming recently, how to properly route the air lines and what to secure them with. :thumb:

You need the 8 awg version of these. http://www.amazon.com/Stinger-Power-Wire-Management-Gauge/dp/B001JQ9JBA/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1372351858&sr=8-5&keywords=stinger+cable+clips Both the sensor wires and the air-lines are about the perfect size. you just slap them over the cable and then sink the screw and they will not move. They were able to run mine down the frame-rails with out any issues even with the side exhaust/sub-frame connectors and cut-outs I put in so there is plenty of room for a few runs. If you are worried about heat I used some of this http://www.jegs.com/i/Russell/799/629120/10002/-1

• Moderators
this is a picture from the very first meet I had for the BMC M/A crew. My neighbors came out in flocks to check out all the cars lol.

No joke, I had a dream about a month ago that we had a meet on my street that looked almost just like this. Although my street isn't wide enough to accommodate that style of parking.

As far as everyone bagging their mustangs, I don't see that ever happening. There are still too many narrow minds, and I think the price point to get into a nice setup will always keep it a unique thing. It's not like throwing a set of sportlines on the car for sure, haha.

This right here. Exactly why mine isn't bagged, even though I desperately wanted to do so. There were far too many other places I needed to spend $4-5k, like paint.

3/8" because I don't want it to be fast at all. I've also read that the E3 works better with smaller lines. If you use Big Red valves and 1/2" lines it has a hard time keeping things under control because the bags fill and dump so fast.
i used 1/4" lines and used filters for the fronts for that reason! good choice in line size! alright, i'll let ya do your thing homie! very excited for ya dude and again...any ?'s lemme know dude!

• Moderators
Hmm maybe I should go with 1/4"? I haven't bought any lines yet, I'm not sure what size the fittings are that came with the valves.

My friend uses 1/4" on his bug. That's what I was pricing out for my SN when I started this endeavor.

Another thing you might be interested is the automation circuit I am having made for my cut outs. With a WOT switch it will automatically open the cut outs for 10 secs and then shut them for you.

1/4" lol my Nissan had 3/4" lol ... Just messing around but yea my buddies gt500 swapped full custom s197 also runs 1/4" lines and my buddies fox coupe on 20's with air also uses 1/4" I think it's the way to go .

Another thing you might be interested is the automation circuit I am having made for my cut outs. With a WOT switch it will automatically open the cut outs for 10 secs and then shut them for you.

Hmm that sounds pretty sick! What's involved in the install of something like that?

1/4" lol my Nissan had 3/4" lol ... Just messing around but yea my buddies gt500 swapped full custom s197 also runs 1/4" lines and my buddies fox coupe on 20's with air also uses 1/4" I think it's the way to go .

Yea I think I'm gonna go with 1/4", I want it nice and slow. Plus the 1/4" stuff should be easier to run through the car since it'll probably let me bend it around things a bit easier.

very cool dan nice brackets for the tank

Thanks Troy, you know I couldn't just mount it the way they designed it lol.

The install should be really easy as he is making it into a fairly elegant solution to it all considering how complex it really is. Will let you know when I get it I am sure there will be something here about it.

um7t.jpg

this will tell you what line size you're using, lol. plus i see a bag of brass fittings....all looks 1/4" to me. the valsves look like they use a 3/8" line that will go in one side of the block and the other side looks like 1/4". so unless i'm wrong and they look small in the pic...you my man are already set for 1/4" :)

I've actually pm'ed him on SVTP a few times (I've been planning this for a while, lol :heh:) I was going to do something similar to his out back but I want to do it without the plate thing he made on the upper control arm. He got a lot of mixed reviews on SVTP, which is fine by me lol. I could care less what they think. If it's not a black terminator with a whipple and FR500's they're hard to please :yawn:

Nice updates Dan, can't wait to see it together. Sorry I couldn't talk the other day.

Two things. I'm pissed, I bought all ridetech stuff, and I didn't get no stinkin' shirt. I think I even asked them to throw one in, lol.

Second, when did you think I spilled the beans?

Haha I don't think I suspected you of spilling the beans. I remember texting with Ryan a while back and mentioned that I had some big plans, somehow he guessed air ride. I was like "how did you know?" Then asked if you told him because at that point you were the only person I had told my plans to. Turns out he just made an educated guess lol.

Hit up nightshade_93 on here and maybe he can get you a shirt. Josh is who I talked to and placed my order with so he might be able to send out a shirt to you since they probably still have your order on record.

dam i cant even begin to say how sick this should be with the quarters stretched out a tad and those 19's tucked in the wide rear. dam that visual gives me chills, hahaha!

dan i bet the first thing you will notice after bags is how wide it makes the rear half of the body look. which is awesome imo. you stretching the quarters will just improve it even more!!! thats something i seriously wish i would have done right off the bat, lol. the bags are awesome no doubt but the stretched rear quarters will be badass!!

Thanks Tony, it's gonna be a lot of work but I don't want the quarters sitting on the tires. I want the tires to juuuuuust tuck inside. I'm not a body man so it's gonna be challenging but I'm gonna make it happen. I at least can work on the rest of the air ride stuff for a little while until I can summon the courage to start messing with the quarters. I'm gonna start with a lot of heat gun and fender roller work to see if I can get it far enough out (it's going to need paint even if I get them rolled out far enough) but if that doesn't do it I may have to man up and grab the grinder and welder and start making a few pie cuts. I'm reaaaaally hoping I won't need to go that far though lol.

are you going to widen the whole quarter out or just flare it out by the lip?

theres an sn95 somewhere on the internet with widened quarters that looks sooo fn nasty! its even red too, lol. not sure if you've seen that but google it :)

I'm guessing you mean the red one with Kompression wheels, that thing is insanely awesome. I won't be doing anything that crazy. I don't need to go that wide, I need like less than an inch. That car is widened something like 3" on each side and has like 13" wide rears haha. I'm gonna try doing just down by the lip and seeing how it looks, then if I don't like it I'll go up to the body line. I don't want to go any higher up because it would be some hardcore body work to do all that.

I'm guessing you mean the red one with Kompression wheels, that thing is insanely awesome. I won't be doing anything that crazy. I don't need to go that wide, I need like less than an inch. That car is widened something like 3" on each side and has like 13" wide rears haha. I'm gonna try doing just down by the lip and seeing how it looks, then if I don't like it I'll go up to the body line. I don't want to go any higher up because it would be some hardcore body work to do all that.

dam man 3" on each fn side, lol? thats 6" wider ha. i've always wished we had some kinda fender flare like the new edges have :( not sure how that would look with our fenders and bumpers but it would allow a huge wheel to tuck, lol.

GL with the fender fun :)

Yea don't get me wrong, that car looks beast, I'm just not capable of that kind of bodywork and paying someone to do it would break the bank for sure!

Small update, the Carbon Driven radio bezel showed up to join their shifter bezel I already have. These parts are sooooooo damn nice. I will need to mod the dash a bit for the double-din radio bezel to fit, and make some support brackets for the radio to rest on but it shouldn't be bad. I can't wait to get these in and have the carbon cup holder gauge pod right next to them. MMMM tasty carbon fiber!!

718k.jpg

o4n9.jpg

3jtq.jpg

Yea don't get me wrong, that car looks beast, I'm just not capable of that kind of bodywork and paying someone to do it would break the bank for sure!

Small update, the Carbon Driven radio bezel showed up to join their shifter bezel I already have. These parts are sooooooo damn nice. I will need to mod the dash a bit for the double-din radio bezel to fit, and make some support brackets for the radio to rest on but it shouldn't be bad. I can't wait to get these in and have the carbon cup holder gauge pod right next to them. MMMM tasty carbon fiber!!

718k.jpg

o4n9.jpg

3jtq.jpg

geez dude you are NOT fuckin around haha! this thread is better each time i open it.