95riosnake

The Chronicles of 95riosnake's OCD Machine

Yep, I've gotten numb to it now. Just hoping it'll improve soon so I can get more time in the garage again. I had 4 days off last week (Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday) and I managed to squeeze in about 5-6 hours of work on the car, which is what you see in the last update I posted, lol. It just sucks because working on the car is a stress reliever for me and I barely get time to do that now. Oh well, it'll get better eventually.

not trying to pry into your personal possessions but are all these random tools required to do all this in your garage or do you have a buddy with a shop?

• Moderators
AN fittings/braided stainless lines or copper hard lines are definitely something I'm considering if I keep the ports facing you. Man, copper hard lines on an air ride setup with some camber in the rear will REALLY piss off some mustang purists, lol. Exactly what I'm going for :cool2:

Friend of mine has copper lines (I think) on his bagged R32 with a custom box hiding everything. Lemme see if I can find pictures! Having a Mustang that low is already pissing off purists. Like I always say, if you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly!

Edit:

Trunk setup:

post-229-13881838387299_thumb.jpg

Hard lines:

post-229-13881838385568_thumb.jpg

Molded eLevel into sun visor:

post-229-13881838383439_thumb.jpg

Edited by Psychorugby

not trying to pry into your personal possessions but are all these random tools required to do all this in your garage or do you have a buddy with a shop?

I have most of the stuff in my garage, but when I need a metal band saw, CNC, plasma cutter, lathe or Tig welder we have them in our shop at work. I have access to any of the tools in the shop that I want to use during my personal time, which is awesome :thumb:

Friend of mine has copper lines (I think) on his bagged R32 with a custom box hiding everything. Lemme see if I can find pictures! Having a Mustang that low is already pissing off purists. Like I always say, if you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly!

Hmm I like the looks of that! Also just gave me an idea of a mounting option for the E3 display panel. Although it would be a bit bulkier of a sun visor since it's thicker than the eLevel. I would do the over head console like Scott did but I don't want to step on his toes and pulling the head liner down is the LAST thing I feel like doing lol.

• Moderators

I wish I had the creative talent that you and my friend (whose car is pictured above) have. I seriously doubt my ability to make anything of my own.

I wish I had the creative talent that you and my friend (whose car is pictured above) have. I seriously doubt my ability to make anything of my own.

This. I'm currently building some SFC's for my car and it's pissing me off to no end lol. I'm not sure if I like metal fab or not yet...

Thanks man, not everyone is a fabricator but that doesn't mean you can't build something sick. If you have the idea you can always get someone to build parts for you :thumb:

When Dan updates his thread: jizz-in-my-pants-jewish_large.jpg

Haha, oh :morten: (seewhatididthere)

This. I'm currently building some SFC's for my car and it's pissing me off to no end lol. I'm not sure if I like metal fab or not yet...

It takes some practice but I love metal fabrication. Something about welding just does it for me. I built all the metal components for our prototypes at work for about 8 months and (mostly) had a blast doing it. Gained a lot of practice during that time also.

It takes some practice but I love metal fabrication. Something about welding just does it for me. I built all the metal components for our prototypes at work for about 8 months and (mostly) had a blast doing it. Gained a lot of practice during that time also.

This is realistically my biggest problem.. this is also my first time welding just about anything. It's a pain learning while trying to get things to fit under the car lol. Anyways, back to your amazing stuff.

• Moderators
Thanks man, not everyone is a fabricator but that doesn't mean you can't build something sick. If you have the idea you can always get someone to build parts for you :thumb:

Therein lies the problem. I am a cheap ass lol. Once I figure out how to do something, it's not a problem. I just don't have the creative gene to come up with it on my own like you; I have to copy someone. Copying someone else doesn't necessarily lend itself to being "badass."

Haha, oh :morten: (seewhatididthere)

See I have been feeling the need to move to metal for a while now. I feel confident in my carpentry skills with wood and fiberglass and have always wanted to move into metal to help support the wood/fiberglass stuff I can make. Hopefully the combination of the two will make for a happy mate as I bought a millermatic 211 yesterday and the welding table/cart shows up this morning and I can't wait to get started with it all. I ACTUALLY read the instruction manual last night AND watched the video that comes with it. Last time I read the instructions with that much excitement was my air-ride system, I am sure you understand :)

See I have been feeling the need to move to metal for a while now. I feel confident in my carpentry skills with wood and fiberglass and have always wanted to move into metal to help support the wood/fiberglass stuff I can make. Hopefully the combination of the two will make for a happy mate as I bought a millermatic 211 yesterday and the welding table/cart shows up this morning and I can't wait to get started with it all. I ACTUALLY read the instruction manual last night AND watched the video that comes with it. Last time I read the instructions with that much excitement was my air-ride system, I am sure you understand :)

Haha yep I definitely understand. Being able to weld your own stuff will make your life so much easier building things. It just gives you one more way you can make something happen. It's a lot easier than riveting things together or farming it out to someone else to weld for you.

That MM211 will be badass, I bought a Millermatic 140 autoset last winter to have at home for basic welding. I couldn't justify the 211 yet because I don't have 220v service in my garage so I wouldn't get much more potential out of the 211 over the 140 for now. When we get our next house the garage will be decked out with 220 service so I'll get a bigger welder then. Also, when I need something with more balls than my 140, I just tack it together with the 140, then take it to work and use the massive Lincoln or Tig we have there. :thumb:

Good luck with the welder, you'll have a lot of fun I'm sure. Welding is one of my favorite fab skills personally.

Haha yep I definitely understand. Being able to weld your own stuff will make your life so much easier building things. It just gives you one more way you can make something happen. It's a lot easier than riveting things together or farming it out to someone else to weld for you.

That MM211 will be badass, I bought a Millermatic 140 autoset last winter to have at home for basic welding. I couldn't justify the 211 yet because I don't have 220v service in my garage so I wouldn't get much more potential out of the 211 over the 140 for now. When we get our next house the garage will be decked out with 220 service so I'll get a bigger welder then. Also, when I need something with more balls than my 140, I just tack it together with the 140, then take it to work and use the massive Lincoln or Tig we have there. :thumb:

Good luck with the welder, you'll have a lot of fun I'm sure. Welding is one of my favorite fab skills personally.

My garage isn't wired for it yet either although it would not be hard to run it since the electrical service panel is literally 6 ft away from the garage in the basement. I wanted the option for it so that I would not limit myself later if I wanted to go into thicker stuff. Been so tired of using rivits and epoxy for a while now. Once I get good with it and aluminum I will redo the battery mounts I made like that just to clean them up and ensure they are strong enough. Probably be throwin a lot of sparks in the future.

Between losing a couple weekends of work on the car going to Mustang Week and then returning home to a pup still needing a lot of attention, progress on the car has been slow but I do have a little update for you guys.

The shoulder bolts I ordered for the heim joint connection came in

5mky.jpg

Busted out the Millermatic and welded the upper mount brackets under the decklid

bfli.jpg

heth.jpg

Then bolted up the heim joints

urvy.jpg

Then took some fancy pictures

3jdg.jpg

py0h.jpg

g44v.jpg

Here's a couple fancy shots of the tank resting in place, cutting out the mount brackets for the tank hopefully tomorrow at work. Then I'm hoping to get some time to weld them onto the tubes this weekend.

j0pb.jpg

hawa.jpg

And since this was a short update, I'll offer a couple fancy pictures of my rear wheel to apologize ;)

5xl9.jpg

z913.jpg

5d0f.jpg

Thanks guys and Rolocut, the air ride has been the plan since day 1 (owned the car 10 years this month). I can't bring myself to raise the car up even a tiny bit, but Pittsburgh roads are pretty prohibitive to having the car so low so it's air ride time. I've always loved air ride so it's time I join the club. It's not for everyone I know, but it's definitely my kinda thing :thumb:

All I can say is god damn Dan. That tank mount setup is amazing man . That trunk is going to be the ultimate show stopper when completed . Everyone needs to step there game up this winter me big time included

Thanks guys and Rolocut, the air ride has been the plan since day 1 (owned the car 10 years this month). I can't bring myself to raise the car up even a tiny bit, but Pittsburgh roads are pretty prohibitive to having the car so low so it's air ride time. I've always loved air ride so it's time I join the club. It's not for everyone I know, but it's definitely my kinda thing :thumb:

Your car is so sik!, I'm so jealous

If I may ask, where did you buy your bolts from?

www.boltdepot.com :thumb:

I buy from them pretty frequently. Really easy site to navigate and the prices aren't too bad. Quick shipping also.

Ok that's it any custom work I need done I'm coming to your house lol.

Haha, I'm sure my wife wouldn't mind parking outside while a couple mustangs are being worked on in the garage ;)

Hey Dan, what type of welder are you using? ..progress looks great by the way! :)

It's a Millermatic 140 MIG for the basic stuff. Then we have a massive industrial-sized Lincoln MIG welder (I can't remember the model) at work and a Lincoln TIG when I need them.

my brother will be coming for a visit to show me how to use my miller 211 I got a couple weeks ago. Still have not plugged it in but it will be getting fired up for the rebuild. Its stuff like this that made me want to get it....

Awesome build man! Read through the whole thing and I give you props for putting all the attention to detail. You are local too, hit me up sometime and maybe we can go to a cruise or something.

Awesome build man! Read through the whole thing and I give you props for putting all the attention to detail. You are local too, hit me up sometime and maybe we can go to a cruise or something.

Thanks I appreciate it! Where in Pittsburgh are you located? As you can see the car is still a long way from being done with this round of upgrades but it should be ready to go next spring (I certainly hope lol) but maybe next season we can meet up!

How'd you run across the site? Just curious how people are finding us lol. Post up an intro thread with some pics of your car!

I've known about it for awhile as you can see, joined in 2012. I am near Mckeesport, and I sure will post up an intro. My dad and myself are doing a full body restoration on my car and are hoping to get it done within the next month or so.