95riosnake

The Chronicles of 95riosnake's OCD Machine

Anyone have any experience with these braided stainless flex pipes? I am thinking I should introduce some flex in the exhaust somewhere since there's a good amount of vibration to contend with from the motor that I'd rather not transmit through the whole system and wear out the bushings in the hangers prematurely. Do these things seal well enough before the mufflers to not create an exhaust leak? Looking at it, I don't see how they seal at all, yet I see a lot of downpipes for turbo imports that use them before the muffler... I was thinking of putting them right off the headers before the cutouts and X.

China_Stainless_Steel_ISO_TS16949_Certificate_Flex_Pipe_Exhaust_Accessory20121011921282.jpg

look what you did psychorugby, you're going to give dan too much time in his now and he's going to start ripping stuff out and redoing it. bad call man...bad call.

think you'll have the exhaust wrapped up by the end of the month? i really wanted to hear the difference with the cutouts.

Haha don't worry I won't be redoing the whole car lol... I still like the bright wheels, lights, emblems, etc.

Not sure if I'll have the exhaust completely finished in time but it should be done enough to start it up for you and Troy. Putting it on hold while I wait for more materials really kills the progress :(

Edited by 95riosnake

the flex pipe it self is a piece of ribbed pipe sandwiched between the braids. the braiding doesn't do the sealing at all its just to add some support to the pipe. http://racepartsolutions.com/index.php/categories1/561-375-6277/do-it-yourself/stainless-steel-bellow-2-5-x-5-5-l-race-part-solutions it would look like that with out the braiding on it

the flex pipe it self is a piece of ribbed pipe sandwiched between the braids. the braiding doesn't do the sealing at all its just to add some support to the pipe. http://racepartsolutions.com/index.php/categories1/561-375-6277/do-it-yourself/stainless-steel-bellow-2-5-x-5-5-l-race-part-solutions it would look like that with out the braiding on it

Ok that makes more sense. Not sure if that will work for what I'm looking for then. It seems to me that it would end up fatiguing that metal ribbing if I'm using the flex pipe to absorb vibration. I'll just use plenty of hangers to distribute the force of the vibration between them all.

Anyone have any experience with these braided stainless flex pipes? I am thinking I should introduce some flex in the exhaust somewhere since there's a good amount of vibration to contend with from the motor that I'd rather not transmit through the whole system and wear out the bushings in the hangers prematurely. Do these things seal well enough before the mufflers to not create an exhaust leak? Looking at it, I don't see how they seal at all, yet I see a lot of downpipes for turbo imports that use them before the muffler... I was thinking of putting them right off the headers before the cutouts and X.

China_Stainless_Steel_ISO_TS16949_Certificate_Flex_Pipe_Exhaust_Accessory20121011921282.jpg

Haha don't worry I won't be redoing the whole car lol... I still like the bright wheels, lights, emblems, etc.

Not sure if I'll have the exhaust completely finished in time but it should be done enough to start it up for you and Troy. Putting it on hold while I wait for more materials really kills the progress :(

I've thought about putting something like that in my exhaust too because i get vibration along the subframe notch that rattles at idle. embarrassing to say the least.

I use too out of my side exhaust prior to getting the final hanger at the tips done. Since the last hanger was put on though its been solid.

I only have one hanger at each tip going to the frame rail and isolated with a nice rubber bushing. That's it.. Seems to work very well

I only have one hanger at each tip going to the frame rail and isolated with a nice rubber bushing. That's it.. Seems to work very well

I'm gonna just keep going as planned without adding flex pipes, the flex pipes were just a thought. I just apparently misunderstood the design of them since I've never had a car/exhaust with any. They're more like a way for an exhaust to adjust to fit properly, not necessarily to allow constant movement like I was hoping.

2s1m.jpg

that looks perfect! those rubber mounts help allot. still gonna hear those viairs pretty good but i'm sure you wont be constantly airing up and down all the time, lol. cant wait to see the IRS bag setup. i seriously can NOT wait for that.

your tank mount that you fab'd looks like the heims joints i wanna use with my 4 link. can you say from moving them around or whatever that they are noisy? i like them cause they are rubber bushing free so no worries about them going bad but kinda worry if they will be clunky or noisy on a moving suspension. thanks buddy

Edited by tony

2s1m.jpg

that looks perfect! those rubber mounts help allot. still gonna hear those viairs pretty good but i'm sure you wont be constantly airing up and down all the time, lol. cant wait to see the IRS bag setup. i seriously can NOT wait for that.

your tank mount that you fab'd looks like the heims joints i wanna use with my 4 link. can you say from moving them around or whatever that they are noisy? i like them cause they are rubber bushing free so no worries about them going bad but kinda worry if they will be clunky or noisy on a moving suspension. thanks buddy

Thanks Tony, yea the reason I went with the dual 480 Viairs is that when they do kick on, it won't be for very long. A smaller compressor setup would be quieter I'm sure, but would run longer so I chose to go bigger. I put the rear bags together so far but didn't mount them yet because I don't yet have the valves or anything to run lines to (ehem.. [MENTION=544]Carbon Driven[/MENTION] ;) )

They're actually heims meant for a 4 link kit for a rock crawler, they're definitely beefy enough for what you'd be using them for. And they seem nice and tight, I don't think they would make any noise for you. You would definitely transmit a lot more road noise/vibration into the truck but I don't think there would be any rattling or anything from them.

yea i'm hoping that they wont be crazy squeaky or clunky. wanted to run off road 4 link last time i bagged my truck but kept hearing heims joints will drive me crazy with noise. if that turns out to be the case well then i guess a can of wd40 will reside in my glove box, lolol.

thanks again man. very cool tank mount idea!

Wow, lots of updates since I was last hear. Looking good Dan!

Now why do you answer everyones questions, but not mine, LOL. More info on the anodizer please.

Ah my bad Tom, the place I used is called East Liberty Electroplating

http://www.eastlibertyelectroplating.com/

Here is what I've been playing around with for the compressor mount plate. I currently like the last one the most...still coming up with more ideas before I settle on something though. I decided rather than using our CNC plasma at work I'm going to have a local shop water jet it for me. Our plasma will make a mess of the Ridetech lettering.

ci1o.jpg

i agree. the last one is almost too busy. the 3rd is clean, but too much blank space. #4 is where it's at. i'm not feeling the ridetech though. you don't have any other product labels anywhere else on the car besides the seats. why start now? why not rock cobra lettering?

i agree. the last one is almost too busy. the 3rd is clean, but too much blank space. #4 is where it's at. i'm not feeling the ridetech though. you don't have any other product labels anywhere else on the car besides the seats. why start now? why not rock cobra lettering?

Dunno, I think a lot of people REALLY overdo the whole COBRA lettering, SVT badge, Cobra snake thing on these cars...I usually find it pretty cheesy when everywhere you look the car has to remind you that it's a cobra lol. Was just trying something different, like I said I'm not settled on anything yet, I just think some sort of logo or word in that location looks cool.

I wish I had a super cool name like Tom has with SINIS Built, or the car had a name like the Ring Brothers' cars do. It would be a perfect place for something like that. I need to just come up with my own "shop name" and start branding shit I make.

Dunno, I think a lot of people REALLY overdo the whole COBRA lettering, SVT badge, Cobra snake thing on these cars...I usually find it pretty cheesy when everywhere you look the car has to remind you that it's a cobra lol. Was just trying something different, like I said I'm not settled on anything yet, I just think some sort of logo or word in that location looks cool.

I wish I had a super cool name like Tom has with SINIS Built, or the car had a name like the Ring Brothers' cars do. It would be a perfect place for something like that. I need to just come up with my own "shop name" and start branding shit I make.

i'll give you that it can be over done with the cobra everything but it's not like you have a COBRA written down the side of the car (like the bullitt at mustang week, haha!). But look at your engine bay, only the intake plaque. the exterior is nothing but stock cobra badges, so no problem there. The trunk is it's own space and if that is the only logo you place, I think it would be fine.

yeah sinis is a pretty cool design and logo. now's the time to do something like that though. DMC autosports and you then can start referring to yourself as multiple people.

• Moderators

While I haven't built anything yet, I have two shop names for which I want logos made up... just for banners in my garage. Problem is I can't design a logo for shit. I think the COBRA lettering would look fine there; you haven't over used it like others. Maybe the Ridetech bags with the COBRA lettering? Otherwise, make up your own name!

Dan that looks great,NAND I even like the ridetech stuff there, but I say for your car, don't do it. Your car is over the top, put your stamp on it! Unless they are forking you the parts, then sell your self. Start brain storming some names.

- - - Updated - - -

How about the c-code status logo that you and I worked on, lol.

Dan that looks great,NAND I even like the ridetech stuff there, but I say for your car, don't do it. Your car is over the top, put your stamp on it! Unless they are forking you the parts, then sell your self. Start brain storming some names.

- - - Updated - - -

How about the c-code status logo that you and I worked on, lol.

Yea I've been racking my brain to come up with a name lol, the C-Code thing is more like a club lol. I'll come up with something I'm sure, the good thing is it's really easy to throw down ideas on the drawing and see how it looks.

I'm going to cut it out in the box cutter at work tomorrow to double check the fit, make some changes as needed and keep banging my head against the wall thinking of a name lol.

Thanks Tony, yea the reason I went with the dual 480 Viairs is that when they do kick on, it won't be for very long. A smaller compressor setup would be quieter I'm sure, but would run longer so I chose to go bigger. I put the rear bags together so far but didn't mount them yet because I don't yet have the valves or anything to run lines to (ehem.. [MENTION=544]Carbon Driven[/MENTION] ;) )

We only had a deal on the Digital control display, ECU (with wiring harness etc), remotes and tank? If you want to buy my Big Red Valves I can add that to the deal but not at our agreed price

The Shelby is going in the fab shop on the 8th to redesign the suspension and remove my rear bags so I'll have him take your parts out at that time.

LMK

Ps don't forget to put your compressor air filters on before kicking them on. Oh and might be good idea to invest $30 into a water trap

Edited by Carbon Driven

We only had a deal on the Digital control display, ECU (with wiring harness etc), remotes and tank? If you want to buy my Big Red Valves I can add that to the deal but not at our agreed price

The Shelby is going in the fab shop on the 8th to redesign the suspension and remove my rear bags so I'll have him take your parts out at that time.

LMK

Ps don't forget to put your compressor air filters on before kicking them on. Oh and might be good idea to invest $30 into a water trap

Woops typo there, I meant to say ECU not valves, I have the standard valves already that I ordered from RT. Just have to get everything mounted before I start running lines. The Big Reds are more than I need for my setup. The 8th is fine, as I am still waiting on RT to start taking orders on the new front Shockwaves and rear shocks. Just busting your balls a bit Rob, hope you didn't take it the wrong way.

I'm still a long way from kicking the compressors on, but I will be sure to pop the filters on when the time comes. I have two SMC water traps, any recommendations on where they should go? I have researched online quite a bit and it seems to be a toss up between people saying to put them between the compressor and tank or between the tank and valves.

No worries :) I know its been a long time :(

Yea the majority say to put a trap between the compressor and the tank. It gets the most trapped as you don't want any in the tank.

If you place it between the tank and the valves then water is already introduced into your tank and you will have to be draining it regularly.

Im putting mine between the tank and compressors. If you have the space and money then you can always put a second between the tank and valves for extra insurance but its overkill.

I have 4 water traps between the compressors and the tanks :D

No worries :) I know its been a long time :(

Yea the majority say to put a trap between the compressor and the tank. It gets the most trapped as you don't want any in the tank.

If you place it between the tank and the valves then water is already introduced into your tank and you will have to be draining it regularly.

Im putting mine between the tank and compressors. If you have the space and money then you can always put a second between the tank and valves for extra insurance but its overkill.

I have 4 water traps between the compressors and the tanks :D

Ok I'll put them in between the compressors and tank :thumb: thanks for the info!

I used our box cutter at work to cut out a mock up of my current drawing of the compressor mount bracket to check the fitment and bolt hole locations. You'll notice a row of bolt holes along the bottom, those will bolt to a bar that I'll weld between the two frame tubes, then two more bolts will go into two holes drilled and tapped in the aluminum tank clamp brackets. I'm going to make a few tweaks to get the fit just right but it's looking good so far.

5s72.jpg

8qez.jpg

sxtp.jpg

one of the cleanest cardboard templates i think i've ever seen lol.

i dont know if i'd put words on it. maybe just another cut in the middle shaped like the ridetech bag symbol. the word ridetech looks ok though.