95riosnake

The Chronicles of 95riosnake's OCD Machine

Changed some things about the bracket based on what I found when mocking it up last night, a couple things were off, I wanted to locate the compressors a bit lower to the floor, etc. The first has a large area for a logo if I can come up with one, the second would stay blank, and the third has the truss design continuing all the way across. The triangles on both sides represent the compressor mount brackets. I'm gonna cut another mock up this afternoon and test fit again :thumb:

s5my.jpg

#1 if you're doing a logo/name ... #3 If you're not. Scrap #2 since if you were to put a logo on 2 it would be too cluttered.

I thought your car was already named "OCD Machine" / "The OCD Machine"?

#1 if you're doing a logo/name ... #3 If you're not. Scrap #2 since if you were to put a logo on 2 it would be too cluttered.

I thought your car was already named "OCD Machine" / "The OCD Machine"?

Yea I'm thinking of using the OCD part at least

Thanks for the compliments guys :thumb:

2s1m.jpg

that looks perfect! those rubber mounts help allot. still gonna hear those viairs pretty good but i'm sure you wont be constantly airing up and down all the time, lol. cant wait to see the IRS bag setup. i seriously can NOT wait for that.

your tank mount that you fab'd looks like the heims joints i wanna use with my 4 link. can you say from moving them around or whatever that they are noisy? i like them cause they are rubber bushing free so no worries about them going bad but kinda worry if they will be clunky or noisy on a moving suspension. thanks buddy

these are a happy medium. I'll say from personal experience that they are STRONG, and the offer alot of articulation with no bind, and are quiet like a bushing. 100% rebuildable also

note the link in the first sentence

A couple mock up pictures of the most recent version of the compressor mount. This is the "racecar" version and I popped some allen bolts in the holes to give you a better idea, I'm going to start working on the OCD Fabworks logo design this week :thumb:

30v7.jpg

emgg.jpg

A couple weeks ago I looked at something too long...

om58.jpg

km3s.jpg

vu.jpg

Remanufactured knuckles from FTBR. New wheel bearings, bead blasted and shot peened knuckles, olive drab zinc coated hubs/splines (olive drab zinc coating is the most durable and rust-resistant zinc coating according to Bruce at FTBR), and 3" ARP wheel studs. I never thought IRS knuckles could be so sexy lol.

snla.jpg

95w0.jpg

ot64.jpg

or8w.jpg

xndn.jpg

new hubs are so clean. what does that compressor mount actually do for you? it looks to be mounted in place without it.

Not sure what you mean... The black aluminum mounts provide you with a double insulated mounting to dampen vibrations and the cardboard mount I'm making is providing something to attach them to.

new hubs are so clean. what does that compressor mount actually do for you? it looks to be mounted in place without it.

[MENTION=67]95riosnake[/MENTION] do I have this corrrect? [MENTION=7]OnyxCobra[/MENTION], I don't think you see that these blocks of wood are here just for mock-up.

emgg_zps2e78e8de.jpg

[MENTION=67]95riosnake[/MENTION] do I have this corrrect? [MENTION=7]OnyxCobra[/MENTION], I don't think you see that these blocks of wood are here just for mock-up.

emgg_zps2e78e8de.jpg

Correct, I won't be mounting the compressors to pieces of deck lumber lol.

The cardboard won't hold the weight of the compressors, hence the blocks. Those things are heavy little bastards.

wertghfgdfsfgfds

oh sorry, I was just trying to wipe semen of my keyboard.

:smiley_lollol::lol:

[MENTION=67]95riosnake[/MENTION]

man you cant find a better way to keep them viairs quite dude. almost floating, lol. that will def help with the noise and vibration paired with the rubber mounts! very impressed with how ya thought that through. it's like you've bagged cars your whole life haha!

that mock up is just right! i can sit here and try to fish out an issue or a change i'd make but NOPE! there's just nothing to complain about! open up shop dude shit! side work would be steady as hell i'd think with that fn car as a testament of your skill level. duuuu eeeet my man :)

:smiley_lollol::lol:

[MENTION=67]95riosnake[/MENTION]

man you cant find a better way to keep them viairs quite dude. almost floating, lol. that will def help with the noise and vibration paired with the rubber mounts! very impressed with how ya thought that through. it's like you've bagged cars your whole life haha!

that mock up is just right! i can sit here and try to fish out an issue or a change i'd make but NOPE! there's just nothing to complain about! open up shop dude shit! side work would be steady as hell i'd think with that fn car as a testament of your skill level. duuuu eeeet my man :)

Thanks Tony! About the only way I think they could be quieter is if I concealed them inside an insulated box. I think this is about the best setup I could have as far as dampening the vibration while still having them visible.

Dunno about opening a shop lol, I work waaaaaaaaaaaay too slow lol. I could see a lot of unhappy customers when it's been years since they brought me their car lol.

This is hilarious. Those spindles/hubs came out amazing.

Thanks! And yea, I get myself into trouble when I'm taking a break sitting in the garage. The old saying "Idle hands are the devil's tools" is absolutely true in my case... lol

did you ever say what you're doing with the sub enclosure? wrapping it with something? painting it? wassup with that? secret?

The panels will be wrapped in alcantara with light grey stitching around the edges. I haven't decided whether I'll wrap the sub part that sticks up through or paint it, but if I do paint it I'm gonna do gloss black on it against the alcantara, which should be a nice subtle contrast. The stock trunk panels that cover behind the taillights and the wheel tubs will be dyed black instead of the pepper gray color they are now.

Thanks! And yea, I get myself into trouble when I'm taking a break sitting in the garage. The old saying "Idle hands are the devil's tools" is absolutely true in my case... lol

The panels will be wrapped in alcantara with light grey stitching around the edges. I haven't decided whether I'll wrap the sub part that sticks up through or paint it, but if I do paint it I'm gonna do gloss black on it against the alcantara, which should be a nice subtle contrast. The stock trunk panels that cover behind the taillights and the wheel tubs will be dyed black instead of the pepper gray color they are now.

i love a nice contrast from gloss black to satin or matte (like the dullness of some vinyl/leathers) i'm going to try and spread that contrast throughout my s10's interior :) good look.

• Moderators

[MENTION=67]95riosnake[/MENTION] Thanks for pointing out one more thing I need to spend money on with my suspension... I never even considered new wheel bearings and/or coating the spindles/hubs.

refresh my memory, do you still have the shock tower brace on under the tank?

Yea the tank mounting frame is clamped onto it at the bottom using a couple billet clamps originally intended for attaching things to the roll bar of a Polaris RZR or other side by side ATV

2wls.jpg

Dunno about opening a shop lol, I work waaaaaaaaaaaay too slow lol. I could see a lot of unhappy customers when it's been years since they brought me their car lol.

I'll be the first to say that you can have my car for as long as you want if you'd build it with the same detail as your car. I would have no problem with that.

As for dying the panels black, save yourself some time and just get either some fleece or felt, spray some glue on the panels and it sticks/stretches a lot to make it in all the corners. I tried to dye mine and for some reason I could not get it a complete black. I would get a section of it good and dark but then the color would always fade to grey on the sides.

As for dying the panels black, save yourself some time and just get either some fleece or felt, spray some glue on the panels and it sticks/stretches a lot to make it in all the corners. I tried to dye mine and for some reason I could not get it a complete black. I would get a section of it good and dark but then the color would always fade to grey on the sides.

Good call, I'll look into covering them when the time comes. I'm leaving the wood uncovered and the factory panels as-is for now since I'm still building stuff in there. I have a couple burn marks on the MDF from tack welding already, even though I had a fiberglass welding blanket laid in the trunk when I tacked things in place, lol. If they had been covered in alcantara at the time I would have been PISSED

Here's the first idea for the OCD Fabworks logo, I like it pretty well but I'm going to come up with at least half a dozen before I make a decision. Let me know what you guys think :thumb:

ag6l.jpg

Edited by 95riosnake

Here's the first idea for the OCD Fabworks logo, I like it pretty well but I'm going to come up with at least half a dozen before I make a decision. Let me know what you guys think :thumb:

ag6l.jpg

I like but I would like to see one with a welder incorporated in it somewhere.