95riosnake

The Chronicles of 95riosnake's OCD Machine

I'm concerned about not being able to move the seat back far enough

My cage follows the line of the quarter window. My buddies max motorsports bolt in has a bent harness bar that goes to the rear so seat can have full extension back if your freakishly tall or lanky as all hell

On going project, 94 cobra, r block, tfsr225, hp efi, vortech ys

Instagram @rolocut

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm concerned about not being able to move the seat back far enough

I'll take pictures of my mm cage. What Rolocut said is exactly right. The harness bar curves back so driver clearance should be no issue unless you have seat extenders of drive from the backseat

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I'm not worried about rear seat access, my seats already make that near impossible anyway lol. I'm gonna stick with a low-slung door bar if/when I do a cage because even with swing outs I still hate having the door bars run next to me, I've ridden in a handful of cars with door bars both fixed and swing out, and wasn't a fan of either really. I know the low-slung bars aren't track legal at a drag strip but luckily I don't care about drag racing anyway so that's not an issue lol.

I'm not worried about rear seat access, my seats already make that near impossible anyway lol. I'm gonna stick with a low-slung door bar if/when I do a cage because even with swing outs I still hate having the door bars run next to me, I've ridden in a handful of cars with door bars both fixed and swing out, and wasn't a fan of either really. I know the low-slung bars aren't track legal at a drag strip but luckily I don't care about drag racing anyway so that's not an issue lol.

My thoughts as well.. Been thinking about a 4 point for that reason

i have a wild rides cage for my lx and it has a bent harness bar for more room it adds about $100 to the price , in a little while me and my buddy Don will be set up to bend tubing then we can just do you a custom bar Dan .

i have a wild rides cage for my lx and it has a bent harness bar for more room it adds about $100 to the price , in a little while me and my buddy Don will be set up to bend tubing then we can just do you a custom bar Dan .

Awesome Troy! Yea I doubt when the time comes I'll find a kit with all the aspects I want in a cage, so at the very least I'd buy a kit for the main hoop and such, then add custom stuff from there to get it how I want it. Looks like I'll be hitting you up when the time comes :2thumb:

and we are both good at cad so we can draw it up before a tube gets cut or bent , my car will have a bar one day and you wont see it from the outside if i can pull it off

and we are both good at cad so we can draw it up before a tube gets cut or bent , my car will have a bar one day and you wont see it from the outside if i can pull it off

you mean the car outside of the garage right?

sorry troy had to say it :P

Very true Troy, your 95 is already road worthy, whereas mine is still far from it lol. I only ended up with a few hours to work on it today, sadly. I should have two days next weekend to really knock out some progress on it though, so I'm crossing my fingers that nothing comes along that takes that opportunity away before then lol.

it will be out as much as the black and the red car are this year

hold your horses there chief....i got mine running yesterday.  besides, Dan and I aren't as fortunate to have 5 mustangs to chose from..

I cant wait for the day that we all have our cars together like we used to , in the semi circle pic

Those were the good old days before we all went off the deep end with our cars lol, hopefully soon the planets will align again.

I would like to be in that circle when my car is one day finished as well.  Can I RSVP a spot?

Sure :2thumb:

the good old days.. I do miss them lol

Carlisle2008323-2-1.jpg

Those definitely were the good old days!

Those are some damn sexy cars pictured there!

Thanks Sean!

Those were the good old days before we all went off the deep end with our cars lol, hopefully soon the planets will align again.

laconia baby!!

Quick update...no I haven't given up lol. I've finished up all the welding under the car, prepped everything and it's all primed and painted. Hopefully I'll get some time to go down and pull the masking today and shoot some photos for you guys. I haven't really posted much of the work I've been up to in the last couple weeks because it's been just more of the same I already showed you when I was doing the passenger's side. There's nothing very photogenic about sanding, rust removal, prepping for paint and masking lol. Just a lot of time consuming stuff. Good news is the paint fumes have finally cleared out of the house, much to the delight of my wife ;)

when do I get the pipes?

Probably another couple weeks. It's been tricky to keep the welds from burning through where the seams are close together on the pie cuts but I'm getting there slowly but surely. I've also had to be careful to not get too much heat in the metal, doing my best to minimize warping. They'll no doubt move some but I gotta make sure it isn't too much or they won't fit! lol

B-) i was wonderingg when youd be doing something on the car!

Haha I've been doing plenty, just a lot of time consuming miserable work that wasn't photo worthy lol.

Found some time yesterday to go shoot some photos. I'm very happy to finally check this project off the list. All I have left to do under the car is run a new battery cable and install the Stifflers trans cross member :2thumb:

Before pulling the masking:

yd3l.jpg

Kind of like a pile of wrapping paper on Christmas morning isn't it? lol

n9v4.jpg

And the finished product.

xj25.jpg

hjvm.jpg

aer4.jpg

s9m5.jpg

llqe.jpg

z3r5.jpg

ue0i.jpg

Obligatory fancy iPhone lens shots:

0z20.jpg

4wq0.jpg

p317.jpg

Damn I was just enjoying the thought of doing some more underbody coating on my car while I have the gas tank out, this makes me regret the idea of using lizard skin with as good as it looks....

that looks great , this thread motivates me to get more done to my car

Which one? lol

WOW! people tell me all the time i need to open up shop..pfff...YOU need to open up shot shiiit! lol, you have serious fab skills. very talented my dude! 

Thanks man, I don't think I could ever open up a shop though. I work waaaay too slow and there's no way I could ever stick to anyone's budget lol.

Damn I was just enjoying the thought of doing some more underbody coating on my car while I have the gas tank out, this makes me regret the idea of using lizard skin with as good as it looks....

Thanks Scott, I really like the clean look of the gloss gray. Reminds me of the old trans am race cars that had light gray under carriages, interiors, wheel wells, etc. The Lizard Skin is nice stuff too though, just not the route I wanted to go with mine.

Thanks Scott, I really like the clean look of the gloss gray. Reminds me of the old trans am race cars that had light gray under carriages, interiors, wheel wells, etc. The Lizard Skin is nice stuff too though, just not the route I wanted to go with mine.

ya def reminds me of early model restorations. plus the stainless/red parts look fuckin clean against it. allot nicer than the typical black undercarriage 

I'm sure i missed it when i read through the thread, but what paint are you using under the car? I'm going for that old school trans-am look in the engine bay and undercarriage too.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk