95riosnake

The Chronicles of 95riosnake's OCD Machine

Stay static and wait for the TeamZ drop spindles to come out!!!!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Nah I'm committed to air ride, driving this car around Pittsburgh is miserable as low as it is, and I can't bring myself to raise the ride height because I think it looks terrible sitting any higher. The struggle is real lol.

I feel for you, dude.  The waiting game is way more torturous than anything else, imo.  Even if you're struggling working on something, at least you feel like you're moving forward in some capacity and not just sitting on your hands.

Now my dad is here whining and moaning about me ruining a perfectly good car.

I'm sure my Dad privately thought that about me when I first started down the long road that was my build.  I mean, he's a car guy and he understood my desire, but I think he still thought I was an idiot.  That didn't stop him from spending every weekend in the garage with me working on it though.  After the car was done and tuned and he drove it a bit he admitted to me that he wished he could have done the same thing when he was my age.

what about those new aluminum pucks that you add to your coilovers you put them at the top and they raise up to about 3"

Those would probably work, but I already have bags for the rear, an air tank mounted, compressors, valves, etc. all in hand so it doesn't make any sense to not fully bag the car now. Those pucks won't work with the E3 system, which I'm definitely going with.

I feel for you, dude.  The waiting game is way more torturous than anything else, imo.  Even if you're struggling working on something, at least you feel like you're moving forward in some capacity and not just sitting on your hands.

Yea I'm honestly tired of having to tell people how I'm still waiting on parts, lol. I'm ready to just make some shit happen. I have "new" neighbors that moved in December 2012 that probably don't even realize I have a mustang, lol.

dan if you have a sec can ya post a pic of your front suspension you have now? i'm sure its in here somewhere but thats allot of pages lol. 

This is the only one I have at the moment

img3749de.jpg

he is waiting for ridetech to develop an integrated shock/air bag for mustangs called the shockwave.  I bagged mine with their E3 system late 2012 and they said back then that it should be out shortly, sema at the latest....  I might upgrade as well once they get all the bugs worked out, if they ever release them.

can you do me a favor and post the full suspension set up, including parts that you are still waiting for?

i looked through the build thread but its soooo many pages

the bag set up, the whole thing front and rear

Here's the whole setup, things I don't have yet are shown in red.

Front:

Maximum Motorsports 4 bolt C/C plates

Ridetech Adjustable shockwaves

Rear:

Coolride bags/mounts

Ridetech double adjustable shocks

Management:

RidePro E3 Digital management

LevelPro ride height sensors front and rear

5 gallon air tank

Viair dual 480C compressors

Ridetech standard valves

SMC water traps

My question is, are they stock offset or forward offset?

looking at his side profile pics i'd say forward but idk lol??

slap some plates in them, grab a coolride kit and finish this build 

mmm-mmfca8_zps1887b238.jpg

BAM! :P lololol

is that a maximum motorsports front lca dan?

Yep they're MM LCA's

My question is, are they stock offset or forward offset?

Non-offset

looking at his side profile pics i'd say forward but idk lol??

slap some plates in them, grab a coolride kit and finish this build 

mmm-mmfca8_zps1887b238.jpg

BAM! :P lololol

That would probably work, but I don't really want the coolride kit up front. The only reason I have the coolride kit out back is that's the only option available for an IRS. Plus if I start welding shit to these MM arms and ever want to change things and sell them in the future, nobody will want them lol.

well i hope things work out for ya. i know your car on air will be amazing! don't get me wrong, it's already nasty as hell but a bagged and blown cobra...pffff  B-)

dan do you know the parts i am talking about they are air powered like a cylinder but can be added to your coil overs and raise up to 3" maybe more i need to find a link

the whole reason your not doing it is because you will not be able to sell the parts later?  You would not say that if they were on there working you would just enjoy the ride mang...

the whole reason your not doing it is because you will not be able to sell the parts later?  You would not say that if they were on there working you would just enjoy the ride mang...

That's not the whole reason, just another thing to consider. The real reason is I don't want the coolride up front. When I get my mind set on a build plan for this car, I rarely make any compromises. The original plan was for adjustable shockwaves so I'm gonna just stick to it. It's not like that's the only thing holding me up, even if I had the shockwaves in hand there are other things I'd still be waiting for lol.

so, my ocd with organization got the best of me. I refer back to this thread a lot for various information, but i dont feel like looking through 50+ pages, so i made a table of contents that puts you in the right area for what you may be looking for with page numbers of updates related to the section.

95riosnake, feel free to add this to the first page if you like, and keep up the great work!!

spare tire sub enclosure

fiberglassing the enclosure  http://www.sn95source.com/topic/2191-the-chronicles-of-95riosnakes-ocd-machine/page-3

various enclosure updates  pages 4,5,6,7

trunk floor update pg 12

rear deck speakers, amp install

http://www.sn95source.com/topic/2191-the-chronicles-of-95riosnakes-ocd-machine/page-8

front kick panel speakers pg 9, kick panel updates pg 10

console guages pg 12

http://www.sn95source.com/topic/2191-the-chronicles-of-95riosnakes-ocd-machine/page-12

air ride

http://www.sn95source.com/topic/2191-the-chronicles-of-95riosnakes-ocd-machine/page-17

air tank mount pg 21,23

compressors pg 30

Front:

Rear:

Coolride bags/mounts

Management:

5 gallon air tank

Ridetech standard valves

SMC water traps

brakes

http://www.sn95source.com/topic/2191-the-chronicles-of-95riosnakes-ocd-machine/page-38

so, my ocd with organization got the best of me. I refer back to this thread a lot for various information, but i dont feel like looking through 50+ pages, so i made a table of contents that puts you in the right area for what you may be looking for with page numbers of updates related to the section.

95riosnake, feel free to add this to the first page if you like, and keep up the great work!!

spare tire sub enclosure

fiberglassing the enclosure  http://www.sn95source.com/topic/2191-the-chronicles-of-95riosnakes-ocd-machine/page-3

various enclosure updates  pages 4,5,6,7

trunk floor update pg 12

rear deck speakers, amp install

http://www.sn95source.com/topic/2191-the-chronicles-of-95riosnakes-ocd-machine/page-8

front kick panel speakers pg 9, kick panel updates pg 10

console guages pg 12

http://www.sn95source.com/topic/2191-the-chronicles-of-95riosnakes-ocd-machine/page-12

air ride

http://www.sn95source.com/topic/2191-the-chronicles-of-95riosnakes-ocd-machine/page-17

air tank mount pg 21,23

compressors pg 30

Front:

Rear:

Coolride bags/mounts

Management:

5 gallon air tank

Ridetech standard valves

SMC water traps

brakes

http://www.sn95source.com/topic/2191-the-chronicles-of-95riosnakes-ocd-machine/page-38

Thanks! And I apologize to everyone that things are done so sporadically in this thread, I usually have to just work on whatever I have available. Seems like every project has hit a speed bump waiting for something, so I move onto something else while I wait lol.

Adding this to the first post, and I'll expand it in the future :2thumb:

So I finally got back on this thing over the long weekend and finished up the wiring. As you might remember, I had mentioned that I was going to run the 2 gauge battery wire up into a distribution block, then run separate wires to the fuse box, alternator and starter from there. To refresh your memory, I picked up this spread of parts to make it happen.

8qszp.jpg

I brainstormed where to locate the distribution block for quite a while and ended up deciding to mount it near the passenger side lower corner of the radiator. I wanted it to be somewhat easily accessible within a reasonable amount of time so I didn't want to mount it in the fender well, and there's already too much under the hood so that was out too. Since I was going to be mounting it where it would be indirectly exposed to splashes of water here and there, I decided to make a splash shield to keep water from getting to the connections.

Made a couple quick cardboard mockups to decide on a design and ended up with this. The top cover slides down to cover the distribution block, then the allen bolt locks it in place.

sjtt.jpg

5fbgw.jpg

gx08.jpg

Next I fabbed the box out of some sheet aluminum. You can't see it in this picture, but the top two corners are tig welded to seal them up.

32ei.jpg

8yv44.jpg

As you can see, it fits nice and tight, I even had to notch where I rolled the bottom edge of the shield lol.

ahrrc.jpg

sk7a.jpg

With the box built, next I had to figure out how the hell to mount it, lol. After a bunch of head scratching I decided to weld a steel bracket onto the bottom of the ABS pump bracket, then attach a piece of aluminum to that, then mount the box to it.

qkll.jpg

3n0g.jpg

x4jx.jpg

Then came the long process of running 4 gauge wires to the fuse box, alternator and starter. Sounds easy enough, but the alternator wire is snaked behind the blower bracket, heater lines and blower piping. Then to anyone who has long tubes and a stock K member, I invite you to notice how hard it is to get to the terminal for the starter wire, lol. Add those things up and a couple hours later I had new wires routed and sheathed in more beautiful Techflex. A nice added benefit is I now have an open 4 gauge slot if I ever need to power something else in the future :2thumb: You can also see the 200 amp circuit breaker I added to the battery cable.

bhal.jpg

eycwb.jpg

All covered up nicely with the shroud!

h18s2.jpg

Also added another 200 amp circuit breaker next to the battery. With a circuit breaker at both ends of the cable, if anything ever happens to the cable under the car, they'll pop and stop anything catastrophic from happening. :2thumb:

ips9q.jpg

Even the simplest things on your car are incredibly built. I wish I had the funds to open a business... I would hire you, Tony, and a few others to just build badass stuff all day. Like Fast & Loud.

@95riosnake can you link me to where you got this distribution block at?? I literally was just talking to drake and Don about this yesterday to run one up at the front of the car since I'm going battery box in the trunk

Even the simplest things on your car are incredibly built. I wish I had the funds to open a business... I would hire you, Tony, and a few others to just build badass stuff all day. Like Fast & Loud.

Thanks Brian, that would be one hell of a fun shop to work at lol!

@95riosnake can you link me to where you got this distribution block at?? I literally was just talking to drake and Don about this yesterday to run one up at the front of the car since I'm going battery box in the trunk

Yea it's a nice simple and clean way to connect everything. Here's the link:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_36189_Xscorpion-AGU3044P.html

Here's all the fuse blocks made by the same company (xscorpion), in case you need different input/output gauges or quantities:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/cat_f373-1309_m72_i205_xscorpion-power-distribution-blocks.html

Sick!!!!

Thanks!

looking good dan, clutch is in svo so i should be abel to meet you this weekend to get pipes

Awesome Troy, we'll figure out when/where later in the week :2thumb:

Great work, as always. I'm guessing with that distribution block, that you could have run that 2 ga wire into the open top or bottom ports, rather than the side like you've done? They're just there for flexible mounting/routing options?

Will you be (or did you) coating the aluminum parts to protect them from corrosion and scratches or will that be a non-issue for you?

Like Bryan, I'm also curious of your supplier for these electrical pieces. They look to be of good quality. Edit: I see your reply to this above. Sweet.

Great work, as always. I'm guessing with that distribution block, that you could have run that 2 ga wire into the open top or bottom ports, rather than the side like you've done? They're just there for flexible mounting/routing options?

Will you be (or did you) coating the aluminum parts to protect them from corrosion and scratches or will that be a non-issue for you?

Like Bryan, I'm also curious of your supplier for these electrical pieces. They look to be of good quality. Edit: I see your reply to this above. Sweet.

I shot the aluminum with a light coat of clear before I mounted it, should be fine. The car only sees rain if I get caught in it by accident. Usually if the chance of rain is more than 30-40% it stays in the garage unless I'm on a trip with the car, then all bets are off lol.

Yea the block lets you run the 2 gauge in the side, top or bottom, or you could hook up three 2 gauge wires to it I guess, I'm not sure what situation would result in three 2 gauge inputs though lol.

And yea I get most of my stuff from Sonic Electronix , Wire Care or CE Auto Electric Supply

Well if I ever win the lottery y'all better be ready for that to become a reality, just saying! LOL.

I guess since I'm the least knowledgeable when it comes to that distribution block, can you explain what it does and how you've integrated it into your setup? Wiring and electrical has never been my strong suite. 

Well if I ever win the lottery y'all better be ready for that to become a reality, just saying! LOL.

I guess since I'm the least knowledgeable when it comes to that distribution block, can you explain what it does and how you've integrated it into your setup? Wiring and electrical has never been my strong suite.

I'll take a stab at it since I'm setting one up too.

So basically the distribution box you can think of as a junction box or a splitter. Since he has his battery under the rear seat, he would in theory have to run the cable back to the fusebox per original configuration and branch off from there. What the distribution block does is let him mount it where he wants, and branch from the distribution block instead if from the fusebox. So he can run one wire to the distribution box, then one to his fusebox, starter, and alternator.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk) depending one what you want too do.

I have a block I can sell if your looking for one.  Has 0 awg inputs and 3 outputs(1-0 awg and 2 - 4 awg)

I'll take a stab at it since I'm setting one up too.

So basically the distribution box you can think of as a junction box or a splitter. Since he has his battery under the rear seat, he would in theory have to run the cable back to the fusebox per original configuration and branch off from there. What the distribution block does is let him mount it where he wants, and branch from the distribution block instead if from the fusebox. So he can run one wire to the distribution box, then one to his fusebox, starter, and alternator.

Yep you got it. At first I was trying to run all the cables to the post on the fuse box and there just wasn't enough room. Too many heavy gauge wires in that space and once you start stacking up all those big ring terminals, it was a mess. This allowed me to just run one wire to each thing, so there's only one wire connected to the post of the fuse box. Keeps the clutter down and keeps the shady factor way down lol.

So if I wanted to move my battery to say the trunk but was worried about my projector setup I could have one of those distribution boxes up towards the front of the vehicle and not have to run wires back to the trunk? Would the air ride system connect to that also? 

I might have to read what you wrote a few times before I can visualize it in my head but thank you for the details!!

So if I wanted to move my battery to say the trunk but was worried about my projector setup I could have one of those distribution boxes up towards the front of the vehicle and not have to run wires back to the trunk? Would the air ride system connect to that also?

I might have to read what you wrote a few times before I can visualize it in my head but thank you for the details!!

Very very roughly sketched

apeha2uh.jpg

Thank God I'm on my laptop. I just picked it up and turned it sideways, haha. 

But that does make a lot more sense. Thanks. 

I have 2 batteries in my trunk that are separated by an isolator in my back seat area that also houses a fuse dist block like he showed.  Then the power wire follows up to the front of the car where I have a fuse box like his mounted next to my stock fuse box.  The dist block in the back seat area seperates power out to my stereo and air ride, the one up front seperates it to the HIDS, stock fuse box and starter.