95riosnake

The Chronicles of 95riosnake's OCD Machine

hmmmmm, wonder if i could make it look clean with the panel out at shows with the air tank centered through that opening. when the panel is out, is it just raw wood showing? only asking cause i'm about to order a tank...was going to get a pancake tank to fit in the spare tire area but a nice polished tank would look good in that opening maybe.

I'm sure you could, wouldn't be too hard :2thumb:

I would suggest some magnets or something on it no matter how tight it is or you will have a heck of a surprise the first time you stomp on the brakes and it smacks the back of the seats.  The first time mine did it, it scared the crap outta me...  I have some magnetic latches and I still have to reach back to stop it when I get into hard braking.  I am going to mount my amps in that spot for show and I already have a linear actuator to motorize the door open/closed to fix that problem and add a little fun to it all.

Been reading this awesome thread and all the work you've done.

I wanna say that your car is BADAZZZZ!   And I may have to borrow some of the ideas you've used when doing mine.

Also just saw your car in the Stifflers add in the back of MM&FF.  Congrats!

Been reading this awesome thread and all the work you've done.

I wanna say that your car is BADAZZZZ!   And I may have to borrow some of the ideas you've used when doing mine.

Also just saw your car in the Stifflers add in the back of MM&FF.  Congrats!

Thanks! And yea I just saw that myself, pretty cool to be in their ads!

Ugh DAN WTF @95riosnake UPDATESLGD:SAGD NOGNEWOGHLJKHTEW@*(U#T$(HUGWEOIJDSMC#*@(HTUGNG)(@IP#O:JHGUO()#W@RIUTUOGHRJLVOLK

^ Wtf?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea yea I know... Other than getting the E3 management and wiring from @Carbon Driven, there hasn't been much to report. Been dragging my feet on the super appealing prospect of doing the rear main, but other than that nothing has been showing up. Still waiting on brakes, still waiting on RideTech.

It's all good as long as you have something to share, haha. I'm loving the different projects. I can't wait to see your car on the ground though! Can't wait to get pictures of it too.

Thanks Sean, trust me I want to see the car on air more than anyone, lol. It'll happen someday.

I have some more stuff to dump in my shop projects thread soon too, just working on finishing up a project or two right now then I'll have some updates there. I'm off all next week, taking a staycation... I'm planning to probably knock out the rear main, and maybe get the E3 management installed. So who knows, maybe I'll actually have updates in this thread in the near future lol.

Haha that's awesome, hopefully I'll be bringing some more to the table soon to look at while enjoying some classical music lol.

I * hopefully * will be getting the rear brakes very soon, every time I email the guy he has some excuse... I'll have to post a separate thread sometime showing the ridiculous number of emails that have been exchanged over the course of getting this kit in production and in my hands. There are so many that when I open the email, it crashes some firefox plugin lol (no other email does this).

Still waiting to hear about the front Shockwaves.

I am still confuses that they show up on their website now and almost tempted to order them just to see what would happen.  I know they are not going to sell thousands of these but they should know they have a couple pairs sold when they do come out...

i just cant understand that, you have customer(s)  (plural hopefully) that want some of these products but their deadlines just keep getting pushed back and back.

gHollItY5Fo.jpg

I am still confuses that they show up on their website now and almost tempted to order them just to see what would happen.  I know they are not going to sell thousands of these but they should know they have a couple pairs sold when they do come out...

I hit up Josh after you pm'ed me about that, he confirmed they are not available yet. He said the fox version is available supposedly but the 94+ version has some differences that they were finishing and were set to test fit on his Mach soon.

Wouldn't the fox version work just fine!?!? I know there is a minor difference in the a-arms but the struts are the same I do believe.

I'm sure one would bolt up but since the bag is on the strut, I wouldn't want to take the chance of having a clearance issue and rubbing the wheels if there is some other difference between the fox/sn than just the overall length of the strut.

The struts aren't the same but they can be interchanged, the fox struts are shorter. I just don't want to take a 4 figure chance on there not being some other fitment difference.

Being shorter shouldn't cause a rubbing problem I wouldn't think. Only issue should I could think of would be that you wouldn't have maximum lift as you would with a longer shockwave.

When we use to do a lot of imports we could mix and match some of the different shockwaves for different stances.

If you haven't already discussed this with them it might at least be worth the time to ask.

Just a thought........

could be an actual size difference in the bag width wise.  if its taller than a fox, its technically going to possibly deflect outwards more when it compresses, causing some rubbing.  im just talking outta my ass here i dont know a ton, but just my .02 lol

I think strut length would be ok, but I'm more worried about the bag being closer to the strut tower or tire due to differences in control arm length or strut length. The only difference might be length, or the strut to spindle mount might be different as well.

Dan I know you are a "master" at details. I just threw that out there as a thought. Don't think I was trying to do otherwise!! [emoji39]

ASSHOLE LOCK THIS THREAD UP AND DELETE IT!

I kid. :)

Haha that's awesome, hopefully I'll be bringing some more to the table soon to look at while enjoying some classical music lol.

I * hopefully * will be getting the rear brakes very soon, every time I email the guy he has some excuse... I'll have to post a separate thread sometime showing the ridiculous number of emails that have been exchanged over the course of getting this kit in production and in my hands. There are so many that when I open the email, it crashes some firefox plugin lol (no other email does this).

Still waiting to hear about the front Shockwaves.

Will they be making production IRS brake kits then?!?!? I hate the factory sliding caliper. So ugly and small.

Dan I know you are a "master" at details. I just threw that out there as a thought. Don't think I was trying to do otherwise!! [emoji39]

Haha I know you weren't lol, you probably want to see this damn car bagged as much as I do lol. I've run fox struts up front in the past with no issues, just when you throw the bag into the mix if something is too close it's a really bad thing lol.

ASSHOLE LOCK THIS THREAD UP AND DELETE IT!

I kid. :)

Yep, that's it. This shit ends NOW! ;)

Will they be making production IRS brake kits then?!?!? I hate the factory sliding caliper. So ugly and small.

From what I understand the kit will be available once mine is done. Keep in mind you'll have to set up a separate parking brake caliper but I'll have that figured out not too long after I get the kit on.

yea they have been saying "soon" for 2 yrs now.  Hell do they need a car to try them out on?  I am an hour south of them...

They have Josh's Mach to test on, apparently the hold up is their engineering team...

so if they still have nothing to offer by this spring...are you going to go another summer without getting her out? kinda have no choice at this point type of thing? 

When I make up my mind on a direction to take the car, I rarely ever change it. The plain and simple of it is I hate driving the car around here static, even at a moderate drop. The parking lot entrances, speed bumps, railroad crossings, etc. are downright ridiculous because everywhere in Pittsburgh is a hill of some sort. It's pretty much bags or nothing at this point. Add to that all the work I have building the new exhaust (*cough* @Yeahloh95 how's that polishing coming along?) I'm not gonna drag it all over the place and ruin it like the old exhaust.

i need to get back on your exhaust my new "old" truck has been keeping me busy sorry

Ah ok, just wondering. Get that exhaust finished up so I can get your 10 holes out of my garage too lol.

...apparently the hold up is their engineering team...

I know ALOT of engineers if we need to expedite this process!

It's bad enough driving around Philadelphia static, couldn't imagine Pittsburgh. Especially after last winter and how badly it destroyed PA roadways (and I'm sure many other places) I'm kindof glad I didn't drive the car around last summer. Probably would of ripped the oil pan off.

Sent from Space

yea last winter did a number on roads here in ohio too. i really hope to see your car and meet ya this summer dan. that carlisle show you mentioned several months ago looks awesome. think i'm gonna check that out this summer. 

yea last winter did a number on roads here in ohio too. i really hope to see your car and meet ya this summer dan. that carlisle show you mentioned several months ago looks awesome. think i'm gonna check that out this summer. 

Carlisle is the plan, aiming for having the car there so you should definitely try to make it out! FYI, if you're planning to book a hotel you need to do it a few months ahead of time, they fill up fast.

Carlisle is the plan, aiming for having the car there so you should definitely try to make it out! FYI, if you're planning to book a hotel you need to do it a few months ahead of time, they fill up fast.

knowing tony, by carlilse 2015 he'll be on his 3rd mustang after having finished and sold this one to buy a Fiat or something and then back to a different mustang.

lol, i've had this mustang for a couple months and haven't even considered selling.

why you know someone looking for a clean, low mileage gt?

totally joking...i swear ima keep it  :D

lol, i've had this mustang for a couple months and haven't even considered selling.

why you know someone looking for a clean, low mileage gt?

totally joking...i swear ima keep it  :D

$1100. sold

Be sure to get in touch with me for Carlisle since I live like 30 min away. :) @tony @95riosnake Hopefully I don't have a cooler show to go to. :P I assume you guys are talking about Ford Carlisle which coincided with Hyperfest at Summit Point Raceway in Virginia this year.

I am so jealous of this car and your abilities! If i have the patients to be with out my car for this long, and go over every nook and cranny of this car, man i cant tell you what i would be copying and as well as other types of upgrades, I might have to buy another mustang and pick at that when i have time.... wow

I am so jealous of this car and your abilities! If i have the patients to be with out my car for this long, and go over every nook and cranny of this car, man i cant tell you what i would be copying and as well as other types of upgrades, I might have to buy another mustang and pick at that when i have time.... wow

Thanks man! It definitely sucks not driving it for so long, but that first drive on air should be pretty awesome, and I'll forget all about the downtime!