95riosnake

The Chronicles of 95riosnake's OCD Machine

Haha, the beast's procharger is not currently in my possession, it's back at Procharger getting some new oil seals so the car is still off the road, sorry guys.

Bryan, it's in Saline, MI.

Haha, the beast's procharger is not currently in my possession, it's back at Procharger getting some new oil seals so the car is still off the road, sorry guys.

Bryan, it's in Saline, MI.

Oh that's pretty close to me! You guys coming in a Saturday? Tell the wife you gotta check out Woodward :)

Oh that's pretty close to me! You guys coming in a Saturday? Tell the wife you gotta check out Woodward :)
oh would I love to be a fly on the wall during that conversation....

Yea I wouldn't mind checking it out but I doubt she will want to. Might have to keep this trip dog-centered, I'm getting an entire week of mustangs in MB in July so I can't complain too much lol.

Yea I wouldn't mind checking it out but I doubt she will want to. Might have to keep this trip dog-centered, I'm getting an entire week of mustangs in MB in July so I can't complain too much lol.

I csn think of wonderful excuses like delicious restaurants

there you go Dan, just say you heard of this really great restaurant you want to try. Then when you get there act surprised there is a car show there.

there you go Dan, just say you heard of this really great restaurant you want to try. Then when you get there act surprised there is a car show there.

This. Look up vensetta garage. Make sure you go Friday or Saturday night after 7

This. Look up vensetta garage. Make sure you go Friday or Saturday night after 7

Haha that might work, but we will be heading back sometime in the early afternoon, it's almost a 5 hour drive so there's no way we'd still be in town at 7pm. Sorry Bryan

Worked on the pod a little today, lots of sanding and shaping, added some filler, etc. Nothing too exciting to show there so no pics of that. I did get started on the cut outs today though.

First off, you can see in this pic that on the driver's side, the wideband bung and the ball and cup joint are right where the cut out needs to attach to the X pipe

img0963nx.jpg

So I grabbed my trusty sawzall and solved that problem ;)

img0992yo.jpg

img0995wy.jpg

Cut a straight piece of 2.5" and tacked it in

img0996omj.jpg

And here are the supplies for today. The straight piece for the previous picture had already been cut from the 180 degree bend before I took this pic. Some nice thick 3 bolt flanges and some copper gaskets, also not pictured is a new wideband bung so I can relocate that.

img0997ww.jpg

After what seemed like endless trial and error, trimming and notching, here is the little guy that will do the trick!

img0999kp.jpg

Hole cut in the X pipe, ready to tack on the elbow

img0998tm.jpg

Everything tacked in place for the passenger's side cut out

img1000v.jpg

img1001vi.jpg

Tucked up nice and tight, nothing hangs any lower than the mufflers or header collectors so it's all good!

img1002bc.jpg

Repeated the process on the driver's side

img1003ct.jpg

img1004fi.jpg

Everything is just tack welded in these pics, so I'm gonna pull it off the car sometime this weekend and finish weld the seams. Then I can bolt it back up and start rebuilding the side pipes/tails. Once those are done, I'll be making the flow tubes to tie the cutouts back into the side pipes :thumb:

any reason you put it coming perpendicular out from the pipe instead of straight off from the headers? Tying those back into the side pipes is going to be sick. and did you flatten the bottom of your mufflers or is that just from driving around lol. looks good regardless.

You could eat off the underside of your car lol. Really love tying the cutouts into the pipes, way better than just dumping. Can't wait to hear it!

any reason you put it coming perpendicular out from the pipe instead of straight off from the headers? Tying those back into the side pipes is going to be sick. and did you flatten the bottom of your mufflers or is that just from driving around lol. looks good regardless.

Mainly because these cutouts are huge, I put them in the only place they will fit. If you look at that last picture you can see they're placed right where the X pipe legs start to turn in after the headers, the elbow is actually less than 45 degrees so the exhaust will pretty much have a straight shot out through there. If I had gone with the butterfly-style cutouts like QTP's or DMH's they'd be a lot smaller and could go just about anywhere but the design flaws with the butterfly style turned me away. I read countless bad reviews about constantly replacing the motors in them, leaks, rattles, etc. and that would drive me crazy.

The mufflers are flat on the bottom because they were so damn low before I did the IRS swap. They were quite literally 2 1/4" above the ground and they drug the pavement regularly which "clearanced" them lol. The IRS doesn't let the driveshaft droop down when you jack up the car so I was able to get the mufflers tucked up another couple inches. They don't drag the ground anymore lol, but still have battle scars. I would pick up a new pair but stingers are retarded expensive haha.

You could eat off the underside of your car lol. Really love tying the cutouts into the pipes, way better than just dumping. Can't wait to hear it!

Thanks man!

Mainly because these cutouts are huge, I put them in the only place they will fit. If you look at that last picture you can see they're placed right where the X pipe legs start to turn in after the headers, the elbow is actually less than 45 degrees so the exhaust will pretty much have a straight shot out through there. If I had gone with the butterfly-style cutouts like QTP's or DMH's they'd be a lot smaller and could go just about anywhere but the design flaws with the butterfly style turned me away. I read countless bad reviews about constantly replacing the motors in them, leaks, rattles, etc. and that would drive me crazy.

The mufflers are flat on the bottom because they were so damn low before I did the IRS swap. They were quite literally 2 1/4" above the ground and they drug the pavement regularly which "clearanced" them lol. The IRS doesn't let the driveshaft droop down when you jack up the car so I was able to get the mufflers tucked up another couple inches. They don't drag the ground anymore lol, but still have battle scars. I would pick up a new pair but stingers are retarded expensive haha.

Thanks man!

Haha my mufflers are the exact same way ;)

Gotcha, i was just curious I figured you had a reason for it. They are large but if they work the best then definitely worth going with, leaking/busted cutouts would be very annoying.

I think I would cry if i smooshed my stingers, that's a lot lol. they are crazy expensive.

Thanks Troy, yea I'm gonna use some 90 degree round to oval transitions for the side pipes :thumb:

I'm interested to see what those look like.

Well I got the X pulled off yesterday, got it prepped and started welding, and after about 20 mins ran out of gas... :mad2: All the welding supply places were closed since it was a Sunday, and obviously they're closed again today since it's a holiday. I'll need to get the bottle filled this week and hit it again next weekend. I also cut off the one remaining hanger that wasn't even being used. This might be one of the most modded mustang mid pipes in existence lol. It started life as a MAC pro chamber for shorty headers, which I then hacked off and converted to work with my long tubes. Then it was hacked off after the prochamber to have the Borlas welded on to make the custom side pipes. Then the prochamber was cut out and an X was welded in, now I'm adding cutouts lol. I think there's about 8" total remaining of the original piece, lol.

Right after dropping it out of the car

img1005t.jpg

20130527150951.jpg

As it sits now, cleaned up/prepped and a very tiny bit of welding accomplished, haha

img1009ll.jpg

Since I was out of gas, I scrubbed the bottom of the car clean and finally replaced the speedo gear with the proper one to fix my speedo issue. We just kept the white 17 tooth gear for a T5/3.55's when swapping the trans because I forgot about needing one, the 3550/3.55's needs a black 20 tooth so my speedo was off about 15mph last summer IIRC, lol.

Edited by 95riosnake

Well I got the X pulled off yesterday, got it prepped and started welding, and after about 20 mins ran out of gas... :mad2: All the welding supply places were closed since it was a Sunday, and obviously they're closed again today since it's a holiday. I'll need to get the bottle filled this week and hit it again next weekend. I also cut off the one remaining hanger that wasn't even being used. This might be one of the most modded mustang mid pipes in existence lol. It started life as a MAC pro chamber for shorty headers, which I then hacked off and converted to work with my long tubes. Then it was hacked off after the prochamber to have the Borlas welded on to make the custom side pipes. Then the prochamber was cut out and an X was welded in, now I'm adding cutouts lol. I think there's about 8" total remaining of the original piece, lol.

Right after dropping it out of the car

img1005t.jpg

20130527150951.jpg

As it sits now, cleaned up/prepped and a very tiny bit of welding accomplished, haha

img1009ll.jpg

Since I was out of gas, I scrubbed the bottom of the car clean and finally replaced the speedo gear with the proper one to fix my speedo issue. We just kept the white 17 tooth gear for a T5/3.55's when swapping the trans because I forgot about needing one, the 3550/3.55's needs a black 20 tooth so my speedo was off about 15mph last summer IIRC, lol.

Your never cease to amaze me. I don't even wanna post up my trans swap pics because you car is so damn clean! Your exhaust looks cleaner than my paint

It took a day to go through the whole thread and I have to say your attention to detail is meticulous Dan. I wish I had your fabrication skills. It would of made my build go a lot smoother over the years.

Since I was out of gas, I scrubbed the bottom of the car clean

When I do this my neighbors think I'm crazy...OCD at it's finest lol

Your mid pipe is pretty wild looking. We're going to need an exhaust clip with it opened up once you get everything back together.

i wish i would have known dan you could have came here and welded it up

Damn lol, oh well I'll get it finished sooner or later.

It took a day to go through the whole thread and I have to say your attention to detail is meticulous Dan. I wish I had your fabrication skills. It would of made my build go a lot smoother over the years.

Thanks man I appreciate it!

When I do this my neighbors think I'm crazy...OCD at it's finest lol

Your mid pipe is pretty wild looking. We're going to need an exhaust clip with it opened up once you get everything back together.

Yea the bottom of the car is rarely an area most people scrub clean but honestly it makes it so much nicer to work under the car when everything is nice and sanitary. I'll get a clip of the cutouts once they're complete, by that time the blower should be back from Procharger I hope.

hahaaaa! thats bossy!

Haha, the same thing happens with inner fender liners, mine are like swiss cheese. I just let the tires "clearance" them where needed ;)

Haha I didn't know CJPP carried the lower shift boot.

Oh and Steve, if I'm doing just the plastic console, I only need the can of interior spray lacquer correct?

haha yes sir we do.

You asking if you need any prep too?

On more current posts, dude that is the best looking Pro Chamber I have ever seen. I HATE mine, with a passion.

haha yes sir we do.

You asking if you need any prep too?

On more current posts, dude that is the best looking Pro Chamber I have ever seen. I HATE mine, with a passion.

Yea I wasn't sure if it needed adhesion promoter or anything, it didn't say anything about it on the site so I just ordered the lacquer spray. If it does need adhesion promoter, I could always pick up some locally.

And thanks, I was never a fan of the prochamber's fit or sound, which is why so little of it remains lol.

Yea I wasn't sure if it needed adhesion promoter or anything, it didn't say anything about it on the site so I just ordered the lacquer spray. If it does need adhesion promoter, I could always pick up some locally.

And thanks, I was never a fan of the prochamber's fit or sound, which is why so little of it remains lol.

I would think that the promoter wouldn't hurt but I personally have never done it so I don't know for certain. yeah mine will be coming off in the future.

I would think that the promoter wouldn't hurt but I personally have never done it so I don't know for certain. yeah mine will be coming off in the future.

I'd use the promoter just for piece of mine. If it wasn't obviously spray paint id send you the leftover of mine

Ok so, finally getting around to updating you guys on this past weekend's progress.

Got my bottle filled for the welder and finished up the X pipe, I'm pretty happy with the welds overall but I hate welding aluminized pipe. Good enough for exhaust I guess. Also you can see the new location for the wideband O2 sensor bung.

img1010ku.jpg

img1011v.jpg

Made it pretty with some VHT silver

img1012su.jpg

Also picked up a new pair of band clamps for the header collector joint

img1013y.jpg

Bolted up

img1095pl.jpg

Cut outs in place

img1096fm.jpg

img1097za.jpg

I'm going to get some 90 degree 2-1/2" round to oval transitions on the way from Spintech to base my new side pipes on next. I'll tie them into the same Borla tips. Then once those are finished I can finally begin fabbing the flow tubes from the cut outs back into the side pipes.

Onto other things, I finished the cup holder gauge pod insert. It may not look pretty here but is is smooth and flawless, very happy with it.

img1098ht.jpg

img1099hq.jpg

Quick final test fit in the console

img1101gm.jpg

img1102ee.jpg

img1103ed.jpg

Packed it up and shipped it out to Carbon Driven in Cali yesterday so it can get covered in some sexy carbon fiber. Can't wait to get it back!

That's all for now, let me know what you guys think :thumb:

How much will it cost me to get you to come to FL and help me on my car/give me crazy ideas??

To quote the original F&F, "More than you can afford pal" haha.

I think you should work on my bullitt that is what I think lol.

Haha I'll take that as a compliment

The exhaust is going to be awesome!

Are you getting the whole console done in CF or just the gauge pod?

Thanks! Just the pod is getting done in CF. Doing the whole console in CF would be too over the top IMO.

Sub'd in on this one. Massively impressive build thus far - seriously mind blowing. Are you making it to the Ford Nationals this weekend?