Tony

CAR photography...lets discuss

All is takes is some simple researching, reading, actual photography, and some online critiquing; to help you become a better photographer.

Usually, information you find online is helpful and useful. You will always find people who think they are photographers, just because the own a camera and some family and friends like the photos.

I am always learning new stuff and different ways to shoot. Also, I have never taken a photography class. My first works were horrible.

aside from the last two, these photos do a good job of giving the truck somewhere to go and "rule of thirds" but i basically just wanted to share these pics without making a new thread for them =]

8570754998_02f6b6032f_b.jpg

8569659163_474bf64279_b.jpg

8570752614_9076b0f1e1_b.jpg

8569656481_7214f0221b_b.jpg

8569656917_a185ab4e06_b.jpg

8570752446_476ec30dab_b.jpg

Great pics!! Super Sharp. You took them??

I had alot of fun shooting this truck.. I helped pull the cab off the frame when I was about 7 years old... My best friends Dad's hotrod..

7979627497_792904cb83_b.jpg

front side by BLWNBYU, on Flickr

7979604273_0b3008b67d_b.jpg

grill by BLWNBYU, on Flickr

7979606045_be1bfd0abf_b.jpg

Garage by BLWNBYU, on Flickr

7978762340_7e619d4164_b.jpg

sneak peak tweaked a little more by BLWNBYU, on Flickr

7978761641_f7581ec7bb_b.jpg

Dat Ass by BLWNBYU, on Flickr

7978763536_b338988e8c_b.jpg

5 shot by BLWNBYU, on Flickr

if i post a couple shots M$ would ya critique for me? :)

edit: M4 not M$, LO

But of course! Others will chime in, too, which is good.

My only complaint about some photographers is the over-use of software to make their images look good. Sometimes, too much is just too much.

I have no issue with cropping and some light Photoshopping, but any more than simple stuff, to me, just does not seem like photography, but rather solely based on digital manipulation.

You have to make the camera work for you. If you have to constantly rely on layers, there is something wrong. I never have an issue posting EXIF data and before and after shots.

But of course! Others will chime in, too, which is good.

My only complaint about some photographers is the over-use of software to make their images look good. Sometimes, too much is just too much.

I have no issue with cropping and some light Photoshopping, but any more than simple stuff, to me, just does not seem like photography, but rather solely based on digital manipulation.

You have to make the camera work for you. If you have to constantly rely on layers, there is something wrong. I never have an issue posting EXIF data and before and after shots.

cool! ok so remember no hurt feelings dude. tear into it with opinions, lol. i really am completely new at this.

DSCF6160_zps19695e7e.jpg

one i kinda copied from Dan, lol:

DSCF6129_zpscaa1b158.jpg

DSCF6162_zpsd6784c11.jpg

lol, you dont have to go fully deep into it, just a few changes you would make or different things i shoulda done...any tips would be awesome dude :)

I think the second is best outta the 3.

The first one would be epic if the front of the car was brighter, dunno if that was a positioning of the car or what. If anything you could try focusing the camera on the front of the car, then when it is focus before you take the picture, pan the camera to get the shot you want.

The third one just isn't really in focus? Idk what happened lol but just need that one to be focused

DSCF6160_zps19695e7e.jpg

I would have cropped the top more, on this one. Also, as Det_Troit stated, the front needs some lighting, to help bring out the detail. Outdoor natural lighting is key, when you do not have a flash to fill in the dark areas. If the sun were on the right, instead of the left, I think this shot would have been a lot better.

DSCF6129_zpscaa1b158.jpg

I actual like this shot. The only thing I would have done is crop the bottom more. Keep in mind that every single shot does not have to follow the rules of thirds, too. This image makes me feel like there should be some Walkers creeping up. LOL.

DSCF6162_zpsd6784c11.jpg

Again, natural lighting is very important. I do not feel that the subject is really out of focus, but rather the rest seems to be a bit, to emphasize the subject. This is not really a bad thing, too. I feel that this shot would have been a lot better, if you had stood about 15'-20' away on the passenger side.

I am really glad you are taking the initiative to post your photography. A lot of people do not know how to take criticism. You will only develop into a better photographer by doing exactly what you are doing now; going out taking photos, posting them and asking for advice.

There are tools in Photoshop that could fix the dark images, to a certain degree. I need to carry my laptop with me, because it has Ps on it.

Which camera and lens are you using to take the photos?

yea my caamera doesnt take super clear well focused shots. i cant get any shots that actually represent what a car actually looks like. meaning it wont pic up body lines, shapes, etc. i dont think i have ever taken a shot that actually looks like my car, lmao!!! EVER!!

my camera is just a fujifilm A170. nothing special at all. every one i've used distorts the image or something..idk. i cant explain it but the pics never look like what i shot.