iRoush

The Functional Wing Thread

Finished the project up today.

Wing supports are in and the trunk is sturdy!

IMG_4222.jpg

Test Fit. Don't know whether I'm just going to eliminate the tethers or figure out a custom mount point.

IMG_4223.jpg

IMG_4224.jpg

IMG_4225.jpg

Mounts and uprights painted:

IMG_4227.jpg

IMG_4228.jpg

IMG_4230.jpg

Trunk still fully opens without issue.

IMG_4231.jpg

IMG_4232.jpg

So much functional sex! What are the little lanyard dudes for?

those are wing tethers. they are used to keep the wing from flying off and hitting cars behind you if you get in an accident that crumples the trunk.

Looks great, the uprights look perfect in satin black. Is the splitter going to be painted or left as-is?

for now i'm leaving the splitter red. I'll paint it down the road, right now it's not a priority since I'm not trying to make a fashion statement haha.

Does the splitter being so much wider than the car have any negative effects?

the splitter is even with the fenders, the photos don't do it justice. it pushes the air around the tire which is a positive (less drag).

for now i'm leaving the splitter red. I'll paint it down the road, right now it's not a priority since I'm not trying to make a fashion statement haha.

You can still eliminate the ugly and at least plasti-dip it until it is time for real paint.

You can still eliminate the ugly and at least plasti-dip it until it is time for real paint.

plasti dip is ricer and will look worse the first time the splitter touches the ground. no thanks

Racecar not show car. :) my favorite statement

exactly. pretty much everywhere i've posted the wing and splitter I've taken flak because people seem to think I'm driving this car on the street. Obviously not the case.

exactly. pretty much everywhere i've posted the wing and splitter I've taken flak because people seem to think I'm driving this car on the street. Obviously not the case.

Function over form :) got mud flap? I do :) lol

Brett, do you think you will have to change the shocks and springs to change the rates due to all of the down force?

matt

I'm definitely going to have to when I start road racing it. But I was planning on upping the spring rates a bit more anyway since it's not a street car anymore. We'll see how it does at the next event and I'll go from there :)

brett do you have front coils? i have like 350+ springs on the front, idk what they are but they're hypercoils and i'd totally trade

thanks man but i've already got spring rates from 300-500 in 50lb increments on hand ;)

After looking at this picture of the A47 mustang, i realize i can get even more adjustment out of the wing. instead of just using bolts on the top mount, I can use an adjustable rod to add in more angle if i want to. I won't do it, but, the option is there!

m5lp_0804_02_z+SN95_mustang_AIX_race_car+rear_view.jpg