Psychorugby

50 Shades of Red

• Moderators
Christmas car!

Haha jk, that's a step in the right direction!

It feels good and bad all at the same time. Now it really looks redneck. I just hope the new paint hook up decides he wants to start his side gig sooner rather than later.

Drove to Orlando yesterday to meet Frank and pick up my new front bumper. I get a text today from my friend (who is storing my car and recently lost his job): "Sorry. I got bored."

4b8f528.jpg?1373491649

4b8f528.jpg?1373491667

4b8f528.jpg?1373491684

hahaha!

• Moderators
Little piece of my Cobra can live on through your car ;)

Looks great on there man!

Thanks! No offense, but I can't wait to cover the green in some new paint. I saw a Rio Red/Saddle GT while I was in Hawaii with fresh paint and nearly shit myself.

• Moderators
i get all excited when i see a big box of AN fittings and hose!

Imagine staring at all that for over a year because you haven't had room to work on the car. There's still more AN stuff to buy for the radiator hoses; I have all the front fuel lines, brake lines and power steering lines. Not sure what else I could go to stainless lines and AN fittings on. When the new house is done, I can get all this stuff installed, drive it around until I get a bonus then tear her all apart for paint and wire tuck (if I can figure out how to do it).

• Moderators

So I am about one month away from having a garage again! I have everything but the rear end and rear brake brackets; I hope to have at least the brake brackets in the next month. Time to start thinking of a plan of attack. I think I am going to put it on jack stands and take the whole suspension off so I can clean and paint, then reinstall instead of putting new parts on a dirty/rusty car. Once the suspension is on, then I have no idea what to do. I'll be unable to spend a lot of money on it, so I need to figure out the cheap stuff to do.

• Moderators

Should hopefully get the rear Cobra calipers off to powder coat this Friday after we close on the house. Not too far away from actually getting to tear into the 95 and the 66!

• Moderators
two weeks.. lets see them calipers......

The move held me up and my friend didn't take them to the powder coater like he said. I'm going to pick them up tonight so I can hopefully get them to the powder coater tomorrow. They should definitely be coated and rebuilt by the time you get here!

• Moderators
woot woot! from here it looks dirty tho :-O

Filthy top, but the rest is the paint going to shit. I gave the top a good preliminary scrub after that picture.

God dude look at your room for activities!!!!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I've got good room on the sides and back, the front is a little cramped due to my broken down 125 gallon reef tank and tubs of rock and equipment. If @95opal gets his way, we'll pull the motor and trans, then push her back into this spot to tear apart the suspension, brakes, and rear end.

• Moderators
You will most definitely be in good hands when @95opal arrives, Rich knows his stuff.

He saw all this stuff in the back of my SUV the other day. School and moving some people this weekend is killing any chance we had to pull the motor. I'll start pulling the accessories off the car tonight and generally preparing for the whirlwind of activity that will be happening next weekend.

I definitely understand having a wife to contend with when buying car parts, luckily there is no set allowance for me... moreso a look of disgust when she tells me another package came, lol. She gets over it though, it's the only expensive thing I do. I buy clothes only when they are so worn out that they will no longer stay on, I'm not into golfing or sports, I only drink a few beers a week, no gambling, etc. etc. so she lets it go ;)

This is too funny! I swear it's the same at my house. My Old Lady sends me that evil "Another damn packaged arrived!' text everyday and like you, I don't do anything else. No sports, drugs, drinking or gambling. My work boots have turned into rear flip flops but I refuse to buy more as I need new parts for Mysty! :)

• Moderators
That will be an awesome "before" picture... I wish I had taken pics of my engine bay when I bought the car back in 03, it was rough.

I wish I had taken pictures before I started taking parts off. This is good enough though I suppose. I can't wait to take pictures of [MENTION=59]95opal[/MENTION] at work on this thing.

glad to see things happening! Every now and then i regret my decision to ditch the 5.0 glad to see your going to be keeping it!

I won't be keeping it :tongue:. I've got a 351w block sitting in the garage waiting to be stroked and poked. However, the 5.0 will be rebuilt and used in a future project... a 63 Comet convertible for my wife at some point much further down the road.

- - - Updated - - -

This is too funny! I swear it's the same at my house. My Old Lady sends me that evil "Another damn packaged arrived!' text everyday and like you, I don't do anything else. No sports, drugs, drinking or gambling. My work boots have turned into rear flip flops but I refuse to buy more as I need new parts for Mysty! :)

Mine gives me guff, but I think she is coming around to it. I know she loves the fact that we don't pay ridiculous shop prices when it comes to fixing cars, which helps "make up" for some of the costs.

• Moderators
no shit! and its so fresh and clean. so bright and lit up nice! jealous as a mother trucker

Thanks Tony! It's actually quite dim when the sun isn't out. There are only 4 CF bulbs in the entire garage. I had a helluva time seeing what I was doing yesterday. I'll post some update pictures in the other thread when I fix the lighting (at least the deep garage is getting new lights next weekend so we can work).

my garage is like walking into the black sea and shit. once you get 5 feet in you will walk right into your floor jack and fall face first into a tool box or something....i've actually done this a couple times man :(

Thanks Tony! It's actually quite dim when the sun isn't out. There are only 4 CF bulbs in the entire garage. I had a helluva time seeing what I was doing yesterday. I'll post some update pictures in the other thread when I fix the lighting (at least the deep garage is getting new lights next weekend so we can work).

I saw a pretty tricky light set up over the weekend in a bay like the 95 has and that was to put up lights on the side walls at about chest height. Let me see if I can find a picture. But it looked like it proved substantial light.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

• Moderators
I saw a pretty tricky light set up over the weekend in a bay like the 95 has and that was to put up lights on the side walls at about chest height. Let me see if I can find a picture. But it looked like it proved substantial light.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Might have to look into this! I was planning on just putting up two 4ft 4 bulb fixtures running lengthwise down the garage. I might add these side fixtures after we get all the shelving built.

Might have to look into this! I was planning on just putting up two 4ft 4 bulb fixtures running lengthwise down the garage. I might add these side fixtures after we get all the shelving built.

Check out the pic I just posted. Its not the one I was looking for but it was the same idea just around the whole bay in addition to normal ceiling shop lights

• Moderators
Check out the pic I just posted. Its not the one I was looking for but it was the same idea just around the whole bay in addition to normal ceiling shop lights

I did. I just didn't want to quote the picture. It is a pretty cool idea. Depending where the shelves land, they might find a way into my garage too. Funny thing is my friends and I joked about putting lights down the side like a paint shop when I first moved in.