Psychorugby

50 Shades of Red

• Moderators

Don’t get your hopes up. It’s three years later and I’m right where I left off - needing to finish the engine bay. Three years... I’ve had a kid in that time, and she’s grown enough to look at this piece of shit and say, “Daddy’s car is broken.” Awesome. Well, yesterday I received a giant box of renewed interest.

1A067614-DB14-474B-93B4-B6003EB94778.jpeg

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, White95 said:

I love boxes of renewed interest!

Shame it didn’t come with someone to dig out my car from the piles of stuff on and around it. 

It did come with some fancy cast aluminum though. 

08CAFDAE-25E2-4C25-B93F-573AC2D9D051.jpeg

• Like 2

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, Prokiller said:

thats awesome!  i can't wait to see this car driving probably about when i retire...

but always loved those intakes.  

Retirement might still be pushing it... but this has definitely renewed my interest.

I got super lucky with this one.  It's NOS.  The K&N filter is still in the original box, the air filter to hood gasket still has that oily feeling, and there is still sand all in the intake from when it was cast!  The guy I bought it from is supposed to be getting me the contact information of the first owner who bought directly from Roush.  Apparently, this is one of two prototypes built for the 351w.

• Moderators

Hoping to work on cleaning the garage up some more this weekend.  I've got a couple of things working against me right now though with all of our back yard stuff in the garage, the pantry project still in the garage floor, and Linda traveling a fair amount over the next three months. Welding with a three year old around ought to be fun too... can't get her to wear sunglasses, let alone a welding mask.

• Moderators
17 hours ago, ttocs said:

since you have the time, send it off for powder or paint and make it really perty.

If I had any inkling what colors and scheme I will be using in the engine bay, I would.  Fortunately my powder coater is 10 minutes from my office and gets stuff done in a matter of days, not weeks or months, so I can pop in when I have all the engine bay parts to get them done all at once.