1997cobra

Dirty Don's 1997 Cobra AKA Trollbra

They mounted my tires..one leaked (the fronts that were used, but had like 70% thread) and ruined it. They were pretty much like "oh well, are you going to buy new ones?" Their workmanship was total trash. left the foam backing from the old weights, didnt check for leaks, and treated me like shit. This thing is seriously getting to the point that it isnt fun anymore..problem after problem, which would be fine if it was stuff breaking. But, it isn't, its all do to other people doing garbage ass hack work
=[ things like that are the reason why I can't fucking trust leaving my car with other people to do work. such horseshit. did you try calling the manager of the store or the regional manager?

I just went off on a long rant but decided to delete my comment haha....but a shorter version.., I've learned that even the best, most reputable shops can suck ass at any given time. Even the "best" engine builders can suck ass, take forever and have piss poor customer service....I love working on my car because I care enough to make it right and not half ass anything and I feel like I can do most work better than anyone else in my area, even the "pros". I don't have the equipment to install tires but when I need some I'll take the wheels off and bring them to them along with the tires. They will never have the chance to fuck the car up and neither will any other shithead in the parking lot but if they fuck up my wheels they will pay for them. For tuning, I take it to one place only, because I have built trust with them over the years, but I won't leave the car there even if I have to stay all day....alright I'll cut my rant short but I'm with you guys on this one....haha

I feel the same way, I took my wheels to them (thankfully)..I don't even want to know what would have happened if they touched my car...care is the most important thing in doing stuff right..people just don't seem to care anymore

Ps, go ahead and rant, I aint skeert !

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

update! Ive been driving it for a little bit. Went down to the NMRA nationals, stayed at nvl8te's place. Helped him swap in a t56 in his car, drank too much beer, and stayed up too late. It was fun

20130615_230259_zpsd7f4e175.jpg

20130615_230346_zps987a24b0.jpg

20130615_230410_zps585d1ff8.jpg

some other pics of how it looks now

IMG_20130527_144606_840_zps1bcc09ac.jpg

IMG_20130526_162058_050_zps6866a717.jpg

the dirty bastard parked behind dynamo's ride

20130619_205322_zps30b09539.jpg

20130619_205349_zps7c9c19ca.jpg

as of right now, its in the garage. Im cleaning the imrcs, and trying to weed out my misfire. Its not going fast because i have to do everything left handed as a result of a cut tendon..

update! Ive been driving it for a little bit. Went down to the NMRA nationals, stayed at nvl8te's place. Helped him swap in a t56 in his car, drank too much beer, and stayed up too late. It was fun

20130615_230259_zpsd7f4e175.jpg

20130615_230346_zps987a24b0.jpg

20130615_230410_zps585d1ff8.jpg

some other pics of how it looks now

IMG_20130527_144606_840_zps1bcc09ac.jpg

IMG_20130526_162058_050_zps6866a717.jpg

the dirty bastard parked behind dynamo's ride

20130619_205322_zps30b09539.jpg

20130619_205349_zps7c9c19ca.jpg

as of right now, its in the garage. Im cleaning the imrcs, and trying to weed out my misfire. Its not going fast because i have to do everything left handed as a result of a cut tendon..

Did you ever get your reverse lockout solenoid wired up?

Your car looks good man. That mystic looks just like my friends car...same wheels and everything.

Thanks! His car is damn nice!

I really want to get ordering these parts, but the inner jew is holding me back

ugh...now im torn. Thanks for the pics riosnake!

so, now the choice is between that hood and the same hood bryan has. F M L

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery:madgrin:

Bryan's hood looks great too. I would like to see you run the Harwood because I've seen quite a few threads in the past where people ask about it and then it never seems to make it onto their car. Very unique and uncommon hood IMO. It's kinda like the Cervinis single cowl with heat extractors, I think it looks great. :thumb:

Ive been working on installing my double din radio for the last 2 days. Should be done tomorrow. I managed to drill into a wire harness today, which set me back.

Oh, yeah..went to the local Napa. When I said the words "1997" , "mustang" , and "cobra" in the same sentence, the guy argued that there was no such thing...so basically, not doing brake work up here

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Takes stuff usually 3-4 business days from the time I click the mouse to show up. Actually gotta order a set of swaybar endlinks for the wife's CRV tomorrow morning so I can do them next weekend. Every time she hits a bump clunk clunk clunk... urgh...

soorry for the delay, i was too busy partying my balls off at mustang week

anyways, ive used rock auto before, and they were great. time was the problem. i had to do the brakes before bryans car rolled into my garage on thursday.

I ended up putting durajunk rotors, which solved (temporarily) all of the vibration issues. Worked on bryans exhaust thursday a little. he cam back friday night. we pulled an all nighter and finished his exhaust around 11am saturday. I packed my junk for mustang week and headed to cleveland around 2 pm to meet up with nvrl8te.

so, the rotors were fine, until i did this multiple times

WARNING THERE IS A "F" BOMB IN THE VIDEO AT THE END

Now im right back to where i was before mustang week. as soon at i hit the brakes, the car shakes like a dog shitting razor blades. From what ive read, and iRoush confirms it in his thread, raybestos rotors are where its at. Ill be ordering a set soon.

So now i have some questions for all of you autocross guys (specifically iRoush). Im on nearly stock suspension. only mods being steeda springs with one front iso out, and no quad shocks. I have bfg kdws front and rear (295 rear, 275 front). What do you guys think about the steeda 5 link? its kinda been my plan, just looking for some real deal feedback. also, what are your recommendations for the front? are 03/04 cobra control arms worth the money? Where do i start (front and rear)? I know i need some lcas for sure, which will be maximum motorsports. I eventually want to build into a griggs sla setup, but that will be a long way down the road. I'm looking for something that will get my suspension going in the right direction for road course/ autocross. There is no doubt that i am addicted now!

I also hit the drag strip, ran a 13.9@104 with a 2.35 60 foot, and a 13.8@103 with a 2.3 60 foot. launch is my problem, but that was my first time at the strip, ill improve.

Edited by 1997cobra

I should be able to cut it down, i didnt even spin. nvrl8te gave me some pointers, it's just hard to get it until you actually do it your self. I basically reved it to 2k, let the clutch out at a decent rate and traded feet for the first run. second run was a tad faster on the clutch release. I'm pretty sure that i have no between gear problems, its all on launch. cant wait to do it again! I have some videos of the autocross and the strip that i will get on here tomorrow (today actually lol).

for the record, nvrl8te ran 12.95 on a stock cobra (yes, 3.27 gears and all) with a good set of tires!

Edited by 1997cobra

So now i have some questions for all of you autocross guys (specifically iRoush). Im on nearly stock suspension. only mods being steeda springs with one front iso out, and no quad shocks. I have bfg kdws front and rear (295 rear, 275 front). What do you guys think about the steeda 5 link? its kinda been my plan, just looking for some real deal feedback. also, what are your recommendations for the front? are 03/04 cobra control arms worth the money? Where do i start (front and rear)? I know i need some lcas for sure, which will be maximum motorsports. I eventually want to build into a griggs sla setup, but that will be a long way down the road. I'm looking for something that will get my suspension going in the right direction for road course/ autocross. There is no doubt that i am addicted now!

My honest opinion is run what you brung for now. Since you're new to autocross, it's best to learn your car when it's at it's "worst". Basically if you know how to handle your car with minimal mods, when you progressively add more to it, you will be able to adapt much quicker. But if you must add more now, it's doable, the learning curve will be much more steep though then just slowly adding as you go along.

As for the mods you do, that depends on what class you want to land in. I pretty much have to run Street Modified since i technically did an engine swap (2v windsor to 2v teksid). my car is nearly maxxed out for the class, i just need to get my rear suspension up to snuff. Again though, this is why I said just run what you have for now, maybe better tires, but, that's it. Last thing you want to do is worry about the mods you need to do to stay legal in a certain class IMO. focus more on tightening the loose nut behind the wheel ;)

EDIT: I just noticed you did a T56 swap. that immediately puts you into Street Modified (SM) which is my class. Basically modding in this class equates to how big of a wallet you got haha. But still, i wouldn't worry about mods until you master your car in it's current form IMO.

Edited by iRoush