1997cobra

Dirty Don's 1997 Cobra AKA Trollbra

no need to be sorry, you know that it is probably the word i use the most lol.. just warning people in case there is a sensitive ear around. it was a blast, i gotta get some time in on both autocross and drag racing. Maybe ill make a trip down to norwalk before the season is over

thanks! i was planning on keeping it as stock as possible for now. I had a problem with some wheel hop, so i was thinking lcas would fix it?

Sorry for the delayed response, hard to find time to give a detailed response from my phone at work.

LCA's will definitely help reduce wheel hop, as well as promote more traction out of the corners. The stock 4 link design (2 uppers and 2 lowers) is very restrictive and has a tendency to bind or hop. the best legal setup without going custom is the steeda 5-link to permanently fix the terrible 4 link disaster. If you want to go custom, you can build your own 3-link design like I am. SM allows you to do whatever you want to suspension as long as it connects to oem mounting points.

Now if you just want to start small, I recommend the Maximum Motorsports Extreme Duty Control Arms. The high load of autocross requires a strong LCA to keep the axle located without wheel hop. The MM LCA's do this to a tee: http://www.maximummotorsports.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=514_21_91_426_441_446

Reason I suggest the non-adjustable LCA, is due to the fact that you'll eventually want to run coilovers. you don't need double the adjustment IMO.

read through the build. didn't realize you had that much into this car or i would have paid more attention to it at MW...damn it. have to keep an eye on this now.

It's not a problem. I was looking at the adjustable ones, but you do make a good point, I'll go with those!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Besides that adjustable lower control arms will reduce the amount of travel you have on the spring, which could negatively affect driving characteristics for autocross and road racing. A lot of people go with adjustables for drag racing but obviously that's for a different application. The MM XD LCA's are perfect for what you want. :) Let me know if you need any more help!

Don't listen to Donovan. He beats the car up WAY too much. F that. I want it! It's a rad car that needs a paint correction. Simple as that, then it will be MINT!

Haha thanks, but seriously, I need to get on the paint correction thing bad..don't lie

Besides that adjustable lower control arms will reduce the amount of travel you have on the spring, which could negatively affect driving characteristics for autocross and road racing. A lot of people go with adjustables for drag racing but obviously that's for a different application. The MM XD LCA's are perfect for what you want. :) Let me know if you need any more help!

Oh I will, I can't thank you enough for the help thus far!

*edit*

I seriously considered selling my car today. there is a blue mach 1 for sale locally for 10k. cams, headers, built 4r70w...yes, for 10k..but i think i love my car too much. maybe ill con my dad into buying it

Edited by 1997cobra

Haha thanks, but seriously, I need to get on the paint correction thing bad..don't lie

Oh I will, I can't thank you enough for the help thus far!

*edit*

I seriously considered selling my car today. there is a blue mach 1 for sale locally for 10k. cams, headers, built 4r70w...yes, for 10k..but i think i love my car too much. maybe ill con my dad into buying it

Keep your car! Too much blood sweat and tears into it already!

My fun fact. I had horrible wheel hop in my Fox when I would brake hard during autocross. Installed the MM Extreme Duty Adjustable (I like shit low :D) LCA's and it fixed wheel hop big time.

awesome, hopefully they fix my problem

Keep your car! Too much blood sweat and tears into it already!

aaaand thats a reason to keep it? lol this thing is starting to crowd out my dirtbiking and jeep budget and time

I havent even rode my bike once this year

lol well if you cant budget your time between toys, dont ever try to budget your time between two girls at once. plus if you get a mach1 instead you think you're gonna not mod it? Fat chance!

welp, here comes the bad news...

my brother got into an accident with my other car that i was letting him borrow. Had my friend check it out at his shop for insurance reasons, and its not even worth fixing. So, this leaves me with the 5.9l GC, and my mustang. My brother has to use one of them, which screws me out of a DD.

so, i'll be rebuilding the t45, putting the stock brakes back on, and offing it asap. sucks..but that's life.

Forgive me if this comes across as rude, but WHY do YOU have to supply your brother with a vehicle? I've got 3 little brothers, so I know all about family... Just curious though why it's your responsibility?

Dude stop seriously I will sell him my Grand Prix lol or me you and Bryan can't pull a bender and get one of the other jeeps driving :thumbsup:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

money is the problem..1 jeep is mid engine swap, and the other needs some serious roof repair. Id basically have to pull 2k from somewhere no matter what i do. and i am not touching my savings account anymore, ive done enough of that this year. im trying my hardest to keep it, but it isnt looking good right now. all efforts are going towards getting this thing back to sort of stock so that i dont loose my ass on the t56

what ever it is, it wont be black.

I don't think I'll ever buy another black car! Freaking sucks.

This is all bad news... I was looking forward to all your future plans! What's the deal with the other Jeeps? A friend of mine works for Quadratec if you need any help finding parts or advice of any kind.

Sent from Space

So you were gonna sell the bike anyways? Just thinking outload here. sell the brembos you have in the basement, the bike, and the t56 and you're looking at at least 4-5k that's more than sufficient to put one of the jeeps together or get something he can drive.

I'm sure there's a lot I don't know about the situation with your brother, but it seems like he should have some financial responsibility for wrecking a vehicle he borrowed from you...

what ever it is, it wont be black.

I don't think I'll ever buy another black car! Freaking sucks.

This is all bad news... I was looking forward to all your future plans! What's the deal with the other Jeeps? A friend of mine works for Quadratec if you need any help finding parts or advice of any kind.

Sent from Space

I'll let you know if I need anything.thanks

Doesn't mean he has to drive a Bentley strap a tarp down on the jeep and call it a day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Problem is, any repairs that his car ends up being will most likely come out of my pocket. That, combined with my work schedule says that I can't just get him a junker

What would it take to get the jeep in the backyard running parts wise?

A ton of stuff

So you were gonna sell the bike anyways? Just thinking outload here. sell the brembos you have in the basement, the bike, and the t56 and you're looking at at least 4-5k that's more than sufficient to put one of the jeeps together or get something he can drive.

I will need to buy 2 cars. I need a spare for myself, and one car for him. The mustang isn't a very good spare anyways, because it is always broke. My niner had need work since I bought it, but the mustang hasn't been reliable enough to tear the niner down. Which is another reason it has to go. This is just the straw that broke the camel's back

I'm sure there's a lot I don't know about the situation with your brother, but it seems like he should have some financial responsibility for wrecking a vehicle he borrowed from you...

There is a lot to the situation, it's not easy.

Posted via Topify using Android