1997cobra

Dirty Don's 1997 Cobra AKA Trollbra

my garbage ass t56 magnum.. its starting to vibrate at higher rpms now. i suspect an input shaft bearing. It gets worse everyday. this t45 has to get done soon i guess.

everytime i get in this car I choke... this is going to be rough

there you go [MENTION=21]Steve-Oh[/MENTION], we need to make a new town somewhere. only mustang guys allowed. have an drag strip, speeds shops, autocross course. every road would be an open track course with no speed limits, just lined with tire walls.

Got ahold of american powertrain (finally). told the tech guy about my noise. He said that the magnums are "noisier than a normal trans" but he wanted me to send him a video with the sound. well, today on the way home from work it was LOUD AS HELL

we will see what their response is

Got ahold of american powertrain (finally). told the tech guy about my noise. He said that the magnums are "noisier than a normal trans" but he wanted me to send him a video with the sound. well, today on the way home from work it was LOUD AS HELL

we will see what their response is

What the actual fuck????

so, no more worries about rebuilding the t45. should save some coin

so far, its looking better for the cobra. I think i can keep it. as long as nothing else goes wrong. Grandma bailed my brother out instead of me

well, they say that it is "roll-over noise"..i did some looking around, z06 guys have the same noise...I'll die happy now

As nice as that sounds, I'd call up d&d or liberty just to have a second opinion

Gauges are the killer part. They are not cheap. Hopefully this thing comes in and proves me wrong, but I think he did not describe it properly. His sale thread said "I have a Florida 5.0 gauge cluster." But it looks identical to my autometer panel. I didnt notice until bryan pointed it out, but oh well. It was still a decent deal

Anyways. Looking into what it will take to convert to a hydraulic clutch. I will need a new cable before next year, so now is the time. The motor and trans will also be out this winter with any luck. So I might as well get this project done while the trans is off.

So, would it be possible for someone at the CJPP crew to check into something for me?? I need to make sure that there are no other parts included in this kit other than what is pictured. I suspect that there has to be something to stop the TOB from rotating when you put pressure on the pedal.

And @Det_Riot has a 3550, does this kit fit , which lists the 3650? Or is it this kit, which is for T-5s and TKOs. We will need to know the exact same thing as above.

Basically, the plan is to use the McLeod hydraulic TOB, and a Wilwood master cylinder. The only mystery is what needs to happen to hold the TOB in place. I would GREATLY appreciate it if someone could help

Edited by 1997cobra

I got in touch with McLeod and got some answers. Let me know if you need more information.

1. All of the main components are pictured. There are some smaller items not pictured such as a cable that uses the quadrant to pull the master cylinder open and closed. (Honestly, this confused me because I thought the cable pictured is what attaches to the quadrant....)

2. The internal bearing of the throwout bearing sits on the bearing retainer like a normal bearing, but there is an o-ring in the center with an interference fit which does NOT allow the assembly to turn while in operation.

3. There shouldn't be any issue using a different master cylinder, as long as the connection uses an AN-4 male fitting. You need either a 5/8" bore master cylinder with a 2" stroke or a 3/4" bore master with a 1.2" stroke.

4. You want our part # HCC3 for use with a 3550. The 3550 uses the same clutch parts as the TKO transmissions. http://www.cjponyparts.com/mcleod-hydraulic-clutch-conversion-kit-with-hydraulic-throw-out-bearing-t-5-tko500-600-1979-1995/p/HCC3/

McLeod has an installation video which mainly goes over the bleeding process but I liked watching it. However, they show you the cable replacement kit, not the kit with the throwout bearing that you are looking at.

This one is about their bearings and apparently you do need to set the initial clearance for the throwout bearing but then it self adjusts.

So, if I order just the tob, I will have everything that is needed to put it on the trans, o-ring and all? Or is that a separate part?

Posted via Topify using Android

Oops, I'll watch that video, it'll probably answer my question

Edited by 1997cobra

Umm, you'd have to buy just the bearing and I don't remember if we offer it by itself. I know McLeod does though. I believe it would be the 1400 series which is the slip on. As long as you can handle everything above that by yourself (quadrant, firewall adjuster and master cylinder) it looks like you would be good

Edit: I'm 99% sure the tob would come with the o-ring. You can see a separate piece in the picture of the tob when purchased by itself.

Umm, you'd have to buy just the bearing and I don't remember if we offer it by itself. I know McLeod does though. I believe it would be the 1400 series which is the slip on. As long as you can handle everything above that by yourself (quadrant, firewall adjuster and master cylinder) it looks like you would be good

Edit: I'm 99% sure the tob would come with the o-ring. You can see a separate piece in the picture of the tob when purchased by itself.

you do offer the tob by itself. My main concern is what is needed to install the tob, everything else I have covered. Thanks for all the help!

Ah, there we go. http://www.cjponyparts.com/mcleod-throw-out-bearing-hydraulic-slip-on-t-5-t-45-t-56-tko-3550/p/C140630/

Check with McLeod just to be sure but it looks like you could throw this with a Wilwood setup and be good to go.