1997cobra

Dirty Don's 1997 Cobra AKA Trollbra

some top secret update

13 inch rear rotors:

20130925_190422_zps0abe43fe.jpg

dont ask me what kit this is, because I'm still completely confused. Its mostly this kit, except it has vented rotors that are the same thickness as a Cobra rotor.

regardless, this will probably go away to make room for rear brembos, but that's for another day

some top secret update

13 inch rear rotors:

20130925_190422_zps0abe43fe.jpg

dont ask me what kit this is, because I'm still completely confused. Its mostly this kit, except it has vented rotors that are the same thickness as a Cobra rotor.

regardless, this will probably go away to make room for rear brembos, but that's for another day

My guess is it's the Roush 13" rear kit

http://www.andysautosport.com/ford/1999_2004_mustang/brakes/brake_kits/roush/rous00089248.html

Much better than the Baer 13" rear kit that uses a non-vented rotor.

the link says will not work with cobra or mach1s. so i'm assuming you'll need to switch out the end plates for GT ones for it to work?

Yupp. The axle its sitting on is a new edge axle. The axle from his car is currently in my car

you alright man? what the heck happened?
WTF happened?!? You okay??
I'll third "what happened?"

Figures out of that whole grass median your Jeep found the only concrete thing :(

No median, the cement is the road I was on. 2 lane road, guy was in the oncoming lane, making a left turn. He waited until my jeeps front bumper and his front bumper were even, and turned into me. Almost seems like it was on purpose. Shot me into the ditch, thankfully I missed the car the was on the street he was turning into. It was all I could do to not blast her in the drivers door.

that sucks man. katie was showing me the pics on the bookface last night.

Yeah, I wasn't happy..

Keep you chin up kid we got welders and tools that bitch be back on the road on Monday if your ready to dive into it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We can try, but I don't have any idea how bad it actually is.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

OUch, hoping the guy is insured and the cops wrote it was his fault in the report?

on a side note... A guy I know had his audi hit almost the same way like 2 days ago, he was passing by and the lady pulled into the side of him...

IMG_0655.jpg

Yep.. So you basically get fucked if you get in an accident and don't have full coverage.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

Oh, you said why... It's basically a deal the insurance made because they were denying medical bills. So the state stepped in and made them pay medical, but only x amount for the car bill. That's what my understanding of it is anyways

Edited by 1997cobra

well, got my new edge axle swapped in. car is now smooth as glass up to 140. The cobras rear axle is going back to DTS, so when Bryan buys it, it will be fresh. This thing is now my only driver, a few short months before winter. Seriously was thinking about selling it. But as usual, Bryan talks me out of it every time. I have 3 fairly solid options for making a daily driver for cheap. Hopefully I can make something work before winter

well, got my new edge axle swapped in. car is now smooth as glass up to 140. The cobras rear axle is going back to DTS, so when Bryan buys it, it will be fresh. This thing is now my only driver, a few short months before winter. Seriously was thinking about selling it. But as usual, Bryan talks me out of it every time. I have 3 fairly solid options for making a daily driver for cheap. Hopefully I can make something work before winter

This is the 2nd time in like 2 months you said you were gonna sell, and both times I wanted to crawl through my screen and choke you! Haha... I hate to see guys get rid of their cars. Glad Bryan can talk you into keepin it!

haha, honestly its because selling it is always in the back of my head. I dump a ton of time and money into this thing. So as soon as I gotta drop a bunch of coin to have a practical vehicle, this thing is first on the chopping block. In the last 2 months, 2 of my vehicles got jacked like this. I love this car to death, but its not even remotely reliable or practical

Tow truck did the same thing to both frame rails on my 66.

on your 66! im going to tare these guys a new turd clipper for doing it to my jeep! if it was my mustang, oh god i dont want to know what id do

- - - Updated - - -

Bullllllll shit, what's more practical than 3.08s ;] if you would have kept it stock it'd be fine. Regardless, we got some good plans, now it's just a matter of making em happen!

lol stock mustangs in the winter still blow brah. 3.08 are beast.... highway cruising in 5th ftw

GREAT NEWS EVERYBODY!

It started to randomly stall today on my way to class. did it as soon as I pushed the clutch in to stop for 21 mile, started right back up. then it did it around 17 mile, and 3 more times within the next mile. cleared up for the rest of the way to class which is at 11 mile. did my school thing, drove it home without any more problems...just....fantastic....