1997cobra

Dirty Don's 1997 Cobra AKA Trollbra

Look on the bright side... bad wheel bearing - better news than say, bad main bearing lol. At least wheel bearings are a pretty simple (although usually a PITA) fix. I've replaced 3 wheel bearings on my scion this year, and I've replaced both front axles twice... not fun especially when it's the car that gets me to work.

Well, got a good amount of parts since the last update. First, and most important, I picked up a brand new c head motor, not rebuilt.. New, for $925..ill be using those heads, with some Agressive Cams. Also picked up an Eaton for a good price, which almost completes the Eaton swap puzzle. It won't be going on this winter, or possibly ever, but I have it. Picked up an aviator intake, which I will polish up and use on the c heads. Top secret big brake goods are also in the works.

I don't think I've ever been this excited about this car.

Well, got a good amount of parts since the last update. First, and most important, I picked up a brand new c head motor, not rebuilt.. New, for $925..ill be using those heads, with some Agressive Cams. Also picked up an Eaton for a good price, which almost completes the Eaton swap puzzle. It won't be going on this winter, or possibly ever, but I have it. Picked up an aviator intake, which I will polish up and use on the c heads. Top secret big brake goods are also in the works.

I don't think I've ever been this excited about this car.

You're welcome for convincing you to keep it.

No credit here?!?! And the stalling sounds like a VSS.

Ok, you get credit also.. and it hasnt done the stalling since that day..idk wtf it was

Brakes are only in the works, if the other brakes are in the works! lol

oh, there are other big brakes also ;)

They shall be this weekend!

yep

haha [MENTION=21]Steve-Oh[/MENTION], youve seen all the big brake stuff I have so far. the eaton swap is just way low on the mod list. interior, suspension, sub frame connectors, c head swap, and brakes (not in that order) are all ahead of the eaton.

yeah, I really hate it when all the projects run together. all my projects lead into each other this winter. and also run into a few of bryan's as well...itll be a busy one this year. hopefully i can have 2 jeeps so that i dont get trolled into driving the mustang again :X

Well, it's set in stone now. Heading to the Chicago area on the 21st to pick up the rest of my eaton swap, and the IRS.

If it wasn't for homework, I would have had the Continental heads off tonight. Oh well, 2 more weeks and that's over.

Oh, and I'll be ordering brake rebuild stuff for a total of 4 sets of brembos soon. Big brake experiments will be in full swing soon enough

Edited by 1997cobra

Plans for the motor were to replace the connecting rods and pistons so that it will hold up to the boost. MMR offers a kit for $1150.

And here comes that problem that I have. Scroll down further on that same page.. hmmm...4.75l stroker kit for $1800.. Guess I have another little unexpected mod .

I also have a few little machinist projects that I'll be starting soon. First one is the coolant crossover delete fittings.

mmr%20water%202.jpg

and the oil/ water adapter plate. This one might take a little while because of my new job. but we will see

oil%20filter%20adapter.jpg

I've already sold a few parts from the Continental engine and cobra engine to a couple members here. I'm currently working on a fairly good sized rock auto order, which will include all the brake seals for all of the calipers, and a bunch of gaskets for the motor.

Rock Auto is the shit.

Great progress on the car man, can't wait to see those Brembos in place!

If I could pick one project as my favorite, the brembos are it! Thanks!

Ooooo, I didn't know you were snatching up an IRS. Very nice. Sounds like this will all be done for MW? Can't wait to check out all your hard work!

Hopefully it will be, I don't see why not. This year it might actually be nice lol

heres a rock auto discount code good through jan 12th if i remember correctly...

Oh yeah! Thanks mage!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk