95opal

Opals rebirth

QUOTE=tony;57784]yea, plus how the hell did ya get the cai tube to have the same couplings, lol? matching upper radiator hose and cai. that's some vision right there, lol.

Jeremy and tony ...Dan is correct the hose clamps are called pi-thon hose locks. They were manufactured by a small company in the early to mid 2000 but the owner had health issues and labor problems and folded. Each clamp had to be ordered by dimension for a proper seal. When I first saw them I knew I had to have them so I took measurements of every hose I was going to use and ordered some up. Little did I know how dam expensive they were and when all was said and done I had $600 in clamps ...ouch that hurts just thinking about it lol. But I must say I dont regret it, as Ive only seen one other stang with these clamps. I have seen them still offered in small quantities at some places but depending on what your looking for It might be tough to track down everything you need. I may be selling all of mine as I have another idea for hose clamps this time around, just wont know till I get into ordering all the hardware for the motor. I know Im anal right ...planing for hardware lol

Brian I decided to drop a build thread here as I know the people on this forum can really appreciate the type of work going into this build compared to well you know lol

Blwnbyu although I do like the TF wheel Im shooting for something that hasnt been done 80 million times over lol

Let a brother know if you decide to sell them...

Also, as I was reading through this, I noticed you said there wasn't much info on tubbin a vert, what kinda issues did you run into that would not allow you to have a fully functioning top? Could you elaborate? I don't plan on mini rubbing my car but I'm curious to know what kinda problems could arise

Jeremy

Let a brother know if you decide to sell them...

Also, as I was reading through this, I noticed you said there wasn't much info on tubbin a vert, what kinda issues did you run into that would not allow you to have a fully functioning top? Could you elaborate? I don't plan on mini rubbing my car but I'm curious to know what kinda problems could arise

Jeremy

Jeremey if and when I decide to sell the hose locks you have first dibs. As far as the tubs go the problem lies with the ne tubs being taller than the stockers which interferes with the vert pivot point and top frame contacting the new tubs. If you look at the stock tub you will notice the pivot is actually mounted to the tubs via a bracket that is actually spot welded to the original tub. The new tub has to be notched a bit to make it all work. When I get a chance I will get some detailed pics up so you can see where the problems occur. like I said I didnt know this till everything was already cut out and by that time it was to late. I looked all over for info including talking with team z and to be honest Theres less than a handfull of tubbed sn verts out there and the couple that were tubbed just never put the top down. The only vert that had a functional top was the one summitt racing did but I couldnt find any info on there install.

Edited by 95opal

Jeremey if and when I decide to sell the hose locks you have first dibs. As far as the tubs go the problem lies with the ne tubs being taller than the stockers which interferes with the vert pivot point and top frame contacting the new tubs. If you look at the stock tub you will notice the pivot is actually mounted to the tubs via a bracket that is actually spot welded to the original tub. The new tub has to be notched a bit to make it all work. When I get a chance I will get some detailed pics up so you can see where the problems occur. like I said I didnt know this till everything was already cut out and by that time it was to late. I looked all over for info including talking with team z and to be honest Theres less than a handfull of tubbed sn verts out there and the couple that were tubbed just never put the top down. The only vert that had a functional top was the one summitt racing did but I couldnt find any info on there install.

Okay I see what your saying, I remember when I put the top in it was pretty tight back there... I'm sure you got it under control though

Jeremy

Haha that's very close, Rich's is an even smoother bay if you can even believe it lol. I have looked at the pics of Rich's current bay many times thinking "how the hell did he get that area so smooth, and that one, and that one..." Lol

just saw this on Facebook and thought... I know of one engine bay that clean with that color.... something you're not telling us Rich? lol

A17060B9-B1F6-4BEB-82AD-D19EC00799C2-141-0000003AAFEEED91.jpg

Now thats sweet... Funny thing is I had contemplated that swap before I decided to stay pushrod, but when Im done with this one you will be seeing that in my next project.

Haha that's very close, Rich's is an even smoother bay if you can even believe it lol. I have looked at the pics of Rich's current bay many times thinking "how the hell did he get that area so smooth, and that one, and that one..." Lol

Dan the secrect is hours and hours and hours of finger fawking lol.

lol steve the heartache was tearing into this lol

97834576.jpg

yeah I bet, can't believe this was in need of updating so I can only imagine what the final images bring us when you are done.
FML, this is what I need......
Don't we all lol.

Lil update started on mocking up my custom radiator shroud and rad support cover. Will be using my polished rad support cover as the base and adding to it so that it will wrap over the core support and meat up with the shroud. Everything will be painted body color along with some custom lower frame rail spats that Im fabbing up. Should have it all transfered to sheet metal by the end of next weekend then out to paint they go.

Sorry about the crap pics but didnt have my camera with me and figured you guys needed some type of update lol

Snapshot_20130408_1_zps285b8218.jpg

Snapshot_20130408_3_zps63c9675e.jpg

I like it! I'm also kicking around some ideas of modding my polished rad support cover... I'm tired of that scratched-ass pos.

Haha Dan I was just tired of polishing the dam thing plus with it body color and wrapping it over the core support it will look really clean.

lol thanks... the new shroud is still closer to the rad support than the location of the original radiator. So I just wanted a clean finished look when you stare at the motor.

very nice rich , i just hope the guys on here get to see this and dans car in person some day , these guys make me want to leave my car at home

Lol coming from a guy with a sweet @ass 5.0 mag feature car stuffed in his garage.

very nice rich , i just hope the guys on here get to see this and dans car in person some day , these guys make me want to leave my car at home

You're tellin me man...I just read the last 2 pages of Dan's build thread with my mouth wide open in amazement. Then I opened up this gem and the same thing happened. Unbelievable work!

You're tellin me man...I just read the last 2 pages of Dan's build thread with my mouth wide open in amazement. Then I opened up this gem and the same thing happened. Unbelievable work!

Thanks Mike shes slowly getting there still have a ways to go yet.

Cmon Tom these pics have been posted on FB months ago kid. Besides a few recents. Besides not like you wont be the first to pick at it up close lol

Ok little pic update.

Always hated this part of the rad support the covers never hide this area so

DSCF1102_zps21c9e877.jpg

Im extending my custom cover to include this area

DSCF1101_zps6d04b058.jpg

Just about ready to transfer over to sheet metal

DSCF1103_zps54b31e8f.jpg

Notice anything missing in this pick?

DSCF1096_zps294c356a.jpg

Yup 86in the ebrake as I never use it and by doing so will alow me to lay out my custom center console the way I want it.

Cleaned up my MM plates and added chrome hardware for the bling factor lol

DSCF1091_zps0fbdfed7.jpg

Flaming river manual rack and MM shaft back in and centered up.

DSCF1094_zps0694a2a1.jpg

Edited by 95opal

Unbelievable car man. So, if you look up into the tubs from the outside of the car, is there a notch or something poking out that will interefere with the wheel?

Thanks...Not sure what your exactly trying to describe. If your refering to the C-notch into the framerail thats done because of the way the rear of tge rails flare out in the back. You need to make that notch so you have the cleareance for the tires. Remember were talkin 345 rubber out back.

Well another quickie done today. Fabricated the front lower frame rail spats, getting rid of the plastic ones and will have these new ones painted body color also.

Snapshot_20130411_2_zps5eebfcf9.jpg

I'm guessing turbo for this reason right here! I sense an epic win :)

A little opening up of the headers as Im not going with long tubes for various reasons.

DSCF0375_zpsb6871ca3.jpg

DSCF0376_zps4d31a28e.jpg

Lol you two crack me up..

Got a few minutes in this morning and fabed the ne fan shroud. Just have to cut the hole fot thr fan and drill in the mounting holes, ready for the painter. Hoping to fab the rad support cover tomorrow, well see as I have a full schedule of estimates and might not get to it.

DSCF1109_zpsc0bd5453.jpg

DSCF1111_zpsb4bc6d74.jpg

DSCF1112_zps3279c695.jpg