Schiffy

Project: The Wus

Schiffys got some heavy work to get at my 2vs level. Making the power is easy. Keeping it reliable is the struggle. :poop:

Sent by smoke signals

Pretty sure my 5.0 was at one time faster than your red sled. lol

Tapatalk made me do it!

You have to have dedication to install headers on any SN95. Mine were a real treat to get fitted and everything tightened down on the Cobra.

I definitely couldn't have done it without the help of my friends. Nobody was there start to finish but me, but it worked out perfectly. A few folks would come and overlap before the others would leave. Matt made it from start till we got the k member bolted back up, so for awhile yesterday late afternoon, it was just he and I. But right as I started to get ready to throw in the towel, 2 buddies showed up and took charge so I could step away and regain composure. lol... All in all, it's finished and they sound good. Gonna run it a few cycles to heat up and cool off, then mid week, I'll jack it up and retighten all the joints.

Tapatalk made me do it!

I would have liked to stay until you got it running but I was just beat. I am glad you got it running last night. Did you get it all back together and driving?

matt

Yeah. We didn't get it started till about 1130-1145 last night. I took it around the block today, I have a few creaks and groans I need to address, but nothing serious. I also, after driving and it heating up and cooling down needs the flanges retightened. Nothing us i didn't expect already. Mark heard me driving down the road behind him and texted me. It's definitely louder. I feel a low end loss in torque, but about 2000-2500 it pulls hard. I want to get it back on the dyno and compare torque curves before and after. Also need those 4.10's to compensate for te low end loss.

Tapatalk made me do it!

Went through Mike and Luis and got my SCT tuner and tune. Should be here Saturday. The place I got my base tune from back in March is looking at another dyno day date in September, so I'm hoping to get the car on the rollers and see what the LT's and mid pipe with a tune netted me. Also getting the PI heads ported, and probably just gonna throw them on with the PI cams, and buy the OPS 2's later this year. Slowly but surely making progress.

Ok, so I've been doing some research for my PI head swap, asked a few folks some questions, ect... I know it's been done a million times, but there's not to much here specifically about it, so I'm going to put a parts list up with info here, and once I'm done I will create a thread in the tech section with HOPEFULLY money saving routes, as I'm all about saving money! Below will be a list of what I've found I need for the swap(the basics) if anybody wants to add anything please feel free. I'm also trying to cross Part Numbers with alternatives, as MOST of what I have is Ford Racing parts, and I'm sure Fel-Pro and ARP and others make these gaskets and bolts... Anyways, besides the obvious stuff, Heads, Cams, cam gears, can bolts and intake, here is what I have...

Summitracing.com- PN- M-6067-D46 includes LT/RT head gaskets, LT/RT exhaust gasket and 20 Head bolts for $115.97

Intake gasket. i got a price from advanced auto, for $32.99/set and they are FEL-Pro gasket PN- MS-92121

Now the last 2 items I'm told i will definitely need are the coolant tube and nipple. Ford PN for the tube is XR3Z-18B402-AA and the nipple PN is F75Z-8555-AA.. I found them on FordPartsGiant.com, the hose is $31.10, and the nipple is $8.67.

I heard if i get the aluminum crossover PI intake, I can use my current Alternator bracket.

Timing cover gasket, PN F1AZ-6020-A on FordPartsGiant.com is $7.21 there is another PN listed with a "c" in place of the "a". I'm unsure the differece(help) but that part number from FPG is $6.82.

I think I'm off to a good start, so if there is any advice or any comments, or parts I'm missing, lemme know.

Edited by Schiffy

5ysumu4e.jpgpulled the rearend out to swap with my buddy who's parting out the Mystic. Mystic rearend has a diff cover and 4.10's. noticed the flanges are also thicker than the stock one that came out of my car and the studs look fairly new. Wondering if I lucked out and got a 31 splines rearend, or maybe they upgraded the axles when they did the gears. Pics to follow...

Sooooooooooo, i'm doing some research on gutting the IMRC's. currently, with my GT ECU, they aren't functioning anyways. i want to delete the butterflies, fill the holes, slap them back in, have Luis Tune it and see what she puts down. she put down 296 in the Mystic last March as it sits, only thing i don't have is the T45 from the Mystic, i have the engine and rearend however. hoping i can pick up 4-5HP on the topend to put it over 300, then maybe a single blade TB, JLT CAI, and i want to maybe up the 4.10's to 4.30's or even 4.56's... Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I'm not sure if it's the same for the B headed motor, but on the C head the single blade TB are a waste due to the fact the twin 65mm (70mm? IDR) holes flow enough air and don't even become a restriction until mid 400's N/a. up to you, but I'm not about 250+ for those things. I'd go with 4.30's if I were you. I love mine and wouldn't trade them for anything.

man you send me that diff cover ill powder coat that for you for a decent price! shocker yellow would look nice back there.... just saying lol.

My best friend just got his oven finished up. We're about to go powdercoating crazy! lol

My best friend just got his oven finished up. We're about to go powdercoating crazy! lol

NICE! once you have the set up everything you look at becomes "well i could powder coat that?!" sean and i have been getting alot of our stuff from prismaticpowders.com now. they are real easy to deal with and will send you free "chips" to look at. i have some chrome and shocker yellow coming. stuffs not cheap. $17.00 for a pound. post up some pictures when you get going!

NICE! once you have the set up everything you look at becomes "well i could powder coat that?!" sean and i have been getting alot of our stuff from prismaticpowders.com now. they are real easy to deal with and will send you free "chips" to look at. i have some chrome and shocker yellow coming. stuffs not cheap. $17.00 for a pound. post up some pictures when you get going!

I need to check them out! I've been looking for a lime green. But can't get any chips to look at in person. Just screen shots, which don't do the true color justice. Thanks for the info! Haha

• Moderators

I've been toying with the idea of getting an oven in my garage for this purpose, but I am getting tight on room as is with a car being torn apart in there.

I've been toying with the idea of getting an oven in my garage for this purpose, but I am getting tight on room as is with a car being torn apart in there.

The space it'll take up won't outweigh the awesomeness you can achieve with it.

• Moderators
The space it'll take up won't outweigh the awesomeness you can achieve with it.

That's probably true... but will it outweigh the wifey's approval??!?! Send some pics of your setup!

That's probably true... but will it outweigh the wifey's approval??!?! Send some pics of your setup!

I'll have to have my buddy send a pic when he gets back from picking up a T56 and IRS. It's at his house. Ask your wife, "would you rather spend money to have somebody else do it, or pay for just powder for me to do it"?

• Moderators
I'll have to have my buddy send a pic when he gets back from picking up a T56 and IRS. It's at his house. Ask your wife, "would you rather spend money to have somebody else do it, or pay for just powder for me to do it"?

That logic will only work after the holidays lol. With all the stuff I'll be reusing on the motor and elsewhere, it is definitely more cost effective to get my own oven.

That logic will only work after the holidays lol. With all the stuff I'll be reusing on the motor and elsewhere, it is definitely more cost effective to get my own oven.

Check craigslist. You can probably get a conventional oven for dirt cheap or free. Then you just need the gun and powder.

• Moderators
Check craigslist. You can probably get a conventional oven for dirt cheap or free. Then you just need the gun and powder.

Already found one for $50 lol. I just need to wait until after the holidays. I certainly don't need another project right now. Let me know when you're set up and maybe I can mail you some parts.

Already found one for $50 lol. I just need to wait until after the holidays. I certainly don't need another project right now. Let me know when you're set up and maybe I can mail you some parts.

Will do... I need to find the right color lime green for my valve covers and POSSIBLY intake like I have it now. Not sure yet.