64bit_Tuning

The Epic Rebuild. AdderMk2 V3.0 (here we go again!)

if the hole bothers you that much it would not be that hard for someone that knows how to fiberglass/bodywork a little bubble to cover it up.  Personally I think it would make more sense with the raw hole/pipe as it might look like the hood is messed up/melting or something in that spot.  Now you just need to figure out if you want too polish/paint/powder the turbo...

I thought the same thing when I first saw it.  If the hole really bugs you it would be possible to make a small bubble over it like that with glass/filler but personally I like it raw myself.

Is the hood eventually going to be black?  If so, if it were me, I'd leave the hole in the hood raw and coat the turbine housing black also.  It'd be subtle but still have that raw, racecar type feel.  Look pretty cool, imo.

reminds me of something that the eclipse's used to have hah

EclipseGSTMiamiJuly102011.jpg

I used to really want a GSX when I was in high school.  Idk what I was thinking...

Is 

I used to really want a GSX when I was in high school.  Idk what I was thinking...

honestly man I wouldnt mind something like that as a DD.  i think they look kinda sharp :-/ 

honestly man I wouldnt mind something like that as a DD. i think they look kinda sharp :-/

A friend of mine had a black non turbo eclipse back in the day. That was the cool car to have in highschool

So, after putting my new driver side door on (long story) and basically rebuilding all of the internals of said door, I took the car out this week. Drove to work without a hitch. About an hour after reaching work, someone told me that my car was leaking something. When i went to investigate the source of the leak, I found a nice long streak of coolant seeming to originate from my lower radiator hose. Not a huge ordeal, but still something that needed to be dealt with. Spent some time today removing the adapter fitting in my lower radiator hose and cleaning it out. Rather than try resealing the fitting with teflon, I just went for the gold and JB-Welded the fucker in there! Hah.

This week Id like to get my new torque converter installed. I've only been waiting to put it in since December.

Goofed around a little bit with some Duplicolor Custom Wrap as well. Gonna spray the door and hood once I wash all the tree sperm off the car.

Pics to follow.

805294cb4e95425bb9e7f15d5afcc8a6.jpg

Dropped the trans today to change out my torque converter.

1086e5e5e19537e78b1faf1bfbddd6e1.jpg

The new PTC converter is so much smaller than the old piece I was using.

I spilled about 4 quarts of fluid on the floor during the job... shit happens I guess. LOL.

Speaking of shit happening... I made a few good pulls on the way home from the shop. I made it ALMOST all the way home. Had to make the call of shame, to my wife. "Honey, I blew up the car... Come save me!

A few minutes later she showed up and brought me home so I could grab the truck and trailer.

There was alot of smoke!

08e49f7951e5d189151e713784201096.jpg

fa65047c2e20dfe45f1770a45181e55f.jpg

50e811b401b3d85efc4705a61fe71661.jpg

I popped the head gasket around cylinder #5. I'll have the head off tomorrow... maybe even tonight.

More carnage pics to follow.

That sucks about the head gasket, at least that's not a terrible fix. I'm sure it's nothing you wanted to do, but much better than something in the bottom end for sure.

I know what it's like to have to make that call of shame lol. I can imagine the eye roll being pretty strong from the better half lol.

That's not true.

sorry to about the hg man. That sucks

Kindof forgot what your setup is to be honest , my apologies.

Way to go Keith, simple fix at least.

Kindof forgot what your setup is to be honest , my apologies.

Way to go Keith, simple fix at least.

Dart 427 and some sort of boost, I can't remember what flavor though lol.

I think it took me longer to get 3 v band clamps than it took you to blow your head gasket and swap motors. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk