Psychorugby

Heavy Horse Garage (and House)

• Moderators

We have interior walls on the first floor. Garage is 9'9" without drywall, so I'll probably end up with 9'8" ish ceiling height. That gives me 4-6" of extra room for the lift... closer than I'd like, but work-able.

From in front of the house:

19b8856.jpg

From just inside the garage (you can clearly see the tandem garage area where I want to put the lift):

19b8856.jpg

• Moderators
ugh both?! :lolsmiley:

Well the guest bedroom is right behind the back wall in the tandem garage...

Why do Craftsman cabinets have to be so expensive (want them to match my toolboxes and work bench)??? They are cheaper than Gladiator though, even with my corporate discount.

• Moderators

Not a huge update, but all interior frame work is done and they were almost done installing the second story floor yesterday when I went buy. I ordered 500 feet of speaker wire that should be in on Tuesday. Hopefully that is enough to wire up the two living rooms, lanai, and the garages. I will probably need to get some Romex so that I can wire the garages up for fluorescent lighting unless I can talk the electrician into it; and I need to get some plywood soon so that I can floor the attics (the one above the add-on garage is going to be for car parts I think).

19b8856.jpg

• Moderators
Nicezl! Going up quickly I see! You're a genius for coming in with speaker wires now. Would have such a damn pain after the fact

Learned from past mistakes! Although in the past, I only had one story, so it was relatively easy to run wire after the fact. Attic flooring on the other hand, is a pain in the ass no matter what unless I can get it in before the drywall is done. Trying to think of other stuff to get in before they close the walls up.

We went by yesterday and they had the second story floor complete and the roof structure on the add-on garage. I'm guessing the second story will be done this week and then things come to a screeching halt lol.

• Moderators
Holy progress! Looks dope!

I cannot wait. The garage is massive and will service the Mustang(s) nicely... even better once I get a lift. It's weird that the inside looks so much smaller in bare studs than it did as the model home.

• Moderators
OMG what they do hit the easy button lol.

LOL. I thought it was all lumber that was delivered last week... it was all pre-fabbed walls and floors and such. No wonder they wouldn't let me change anything in the initial design process. They must have a warehouse of stud walls.

LOL. I thought it was all lumber that was delivered last week... it was all pre-fabbed walls and floors and such. No wonder they wouldn't let me change anything in the initial design process. They must have a warehouse of stud walls.
lol yeah no kidding.

A lot of companies do this. Especially if your house is getting built in a subdivision, they have different designs you can select for your home but they have a lot of the walls n such prefabricated so they just drop em off and put em up

• Moderators
A lot of companies do this. Especially if your house is getting built in a subdivision, they have different designs you can select for your home but they have a lot of the walls n such prefabricated so they just drop em off and put em up

Right. The last two houses I built (all in subdivisions), I was given some freedoms and they actually built the walls not ship them in lol. My dad had the builder extend a side of the house a foot, which completely changed the roofline/structure and the builder was okay with it.... so much so that the owner made that the new design and scrapped his old one. This builder told me to F off every time I asked for something.

• Moderators
Drake said:
That house looks massive wth do you do lol .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's probably too big... and it's mostly garage... 3500sqft of livable space. I'm an accountant for a scrap metal company and my wife is a finance manager for a health insurance company.

Psychorugby said:
It's probably too big... and it's mostly garage... 3500sqft of livable space. I'm an accountant for a scrap metal company and my wife is a finance manager for a health insurance company.

Oh don't you worry yourself, you'll find things to fill your garage up with. Next you're gonna make a thread about the pole barn you want to put out back hahh

• Moderators
Oh don't you worry yourself, you'll find things to fill your garage up with. Next you're gonna make a thread about the pole barn you want to put out back hahh

Well that was the initial idea behind this thread, not to start a build thread for my house LOL. I've got 4 cars (Wife's Jag, My BMW, and the 2 Mustangs), a small 26" rolling tool box, a 6ft work bench, and various left over car parts for the 66 Mustang that need to fit in there. I think I'll be able to get the lift eventually that will fit in the double deep part of the garage and house the 2 Mustangs, making the add-on garage my work area.

I wish we had been able to get property not in a subdivision so we could do the pole barn thing.

• Moderators
Nice house. It looks like it should be dried in by next week as long as the windows get there.

Based on the other houses being built around us, you're probably right. This has only been 2 weeks' progress.

DAM i did'nt expect to see a house being built, lol. thats awesome psycho!!! now i see why the mustang funds are a little short hahaha!!! looks like its going to be a nice home man!!!

• Moderators
DAM i did'nt expect to see a house being built, lol. thats awesome psycho!!! now i see why the mustang funds are a little short hahaha!!! looks like its going to be a nice home man!!!

Yessir! I should probably change the title of the thread, but don't know how. I was originally looking for ideas on how to outfit the garage. Both Mustangs will finally get to live inside once this thing is built. I wasn't this excited about the previous house I built, and I think it's because I will finally have room to work on the cars... and my wife bought off on the lift!

Yessir! I should probably change the title of the thread, but don't know how. I was originally looking for ideas on how to outfit the garage. Both Mustangs will finally get to live inside once this thing is built. I wasn't this excited about the previous house I built, and I think it's because I will finally have room to work on the cars... and my wife bought off on the lift!
so then you ARE getting a lift? oh my....that will make some folks jelly, lol. myself included :(

• Moderators
tony said:
so then you ARE getting a lift? oh my....that will make some folks jelly, lol. myself included :(

Not immediately since my wife says furniture is more important... but, yes, I think so. It will be just to park the Mustangs on top of each other in the double deep section. Now I wish I had bought RideTech for the 95 so I could slam it and get a few extra inches of space lol.

Psychorugby said:
Not immediately since my wife says furniture is more important... but, yes, I think so. It will be just to park the Mustangs on top of each other in the double deep section. Now I wish I had bought RideTech for the 95 so I could slam it and get a few extra inches of space lol.

lmao! well theres your reason to bag the sn :P

• Moderators

No picture updates since it's really hard to take a decent picture of studs. I went by Thursday and nothing new had happened, except the tubs and shower pan had been delivered and the site cleaned up a bit. Saturday they had already run the A/C ducting and started the electrical. By the time we got there Sunday after church (maaaaaayyyybe 24 hours later), they were finishing the electric up and putting windows in. The super texted me this morning to see if I could do the pre-drywall walk-through tomorrow. No go as it is closing week for me and my wife is out of town... and I haven't run the speaker wire yet lol. So we're doing it Monday morning. That means next week we're getting drywall and the fun begins.

• Moderators
:pop2: I'm going to need more popcorn lol.

No car updates, so I have to keep you entertained with house/car storage updates.

• Moderators
Schiffy said:
I'm not jelly if the lift, I'm jelly of the whole garage! lmao

Tapatalk made me do it!

My wife's Jag will occupy the far left of the garage. The rest is mine! I don't even get to park in the driveway at our townhouse right now (bro-in-law has garage and wife has driveway). I get to park half a mile away in the guest parking, and if that is full a mile away at the Garden Inn. I'm ready to be back in the driveway!

Psychorugby said:
My wife's Jag will occupy the far left of the garage. The rest is mine! I don't even get to park in the driveway at our townhouse right now (bro-in-law has garage and wife has driveway). I get to park half a mile away in the guest parking, and if that is full a mile away at the Garden Inn. I'm ready to be back in the driveway!

The downfall to my house is my driveway is a single long driveway. So I can't get to the garage unless we move cars around.

Tapatalk made me do it!

• Moderators
The downfall to my house is my driveway is a single long driveway. So I can't get to the garage unless we move cars around.

Tapatalk made me do it!

That's what we're dealing with at our townhouse (wife's house before we got married). I cannot wait to rent that thing out and never look back. I hate living there.