Psychorugby

Heavy Horse Garage (and House)

• Moderators

Went by yesterday to start wiring the downstairs living room for speakers. That is far more of a pain in the ass than I would have thought, especially since I had the genius idea to wire three zones. I'll be going back tomorrow to finish the living room and do the garage. I have to get it all done tomorrow since we are having the pre-drywall inspection Monday morning. They wanted to do it this past Tuesday, but I hadn't done my wiring yet haha. That means we'll have insulation and drywall next week and who knows what when I get back from Hawaii in two weeks.

• Moderators

Got the downstairs and upstairs living rooms wired for 7.1 surround, and the garage and lanai wired for stereo this weekend! The superintendent this morning said my friend and I did good work too which was cool. Framing and Tyvek are being inspected today, insulation tomorrow, and drywall hung by the end of the week assuming they can find enough hangers. While we're in Hawaii he said they should get the stucco done as well. From that point, he said 30-45 days until we get our house!

• Moderators
Det_Riot said:
Awh shit! Coming down to the wire! Badass stuff man"

Yessir! Can't wait! The super pointed out today that he had the electrician install 5 more GFI outlets in the garage than the plans called for since he knew I planned to spend a lot of time out there. I am so ready to have my own parking spot again, and have room to work on the Mustangs. Then maybe I can catch up to all of y'all's badass builds.

• Moderators

We got back from vacation this past weekend and the drywall was up, but I forgot to take pictures since I was so mad one of my HDMI cables had fallen in the wall. Fortunately, the superintendent said he will fish it out for me.

Drove by yesterday and they had started stucco:

19b8856.jpg

I have to go down that way to pick up a prescription, so I am hoping to take some more pictures today.

We got back from vacation this past weekend and the drywall was up, but I forgot to take pictures since I was so mad one of my HDMI cables had fallen in the wall. Fortunately, the superintendent said he will fish it out for me.

Drove by yesterday and they had started stucco:

19b8856.jpg

I have to go down that way to pick up a prescription, so I am hoping to take some more pictures today.

coming along nice!!

• Moderators
well where do you think I am going to be when I am not in my room lol.

I figured in the garage, living room, or kitchen which are all within 40 ft of the downstairs bedroom lol.

i have dibs on the kitchen. yep...i sleep in peoples kitchens!!

you never see houses in ohio with stucco. wonder if its a climate thing. when i lived in west la or visit my momma in fla every other house was stucco, lol.

I figured in the garage, living room, or kitchen which are all within 40 ft of the downstairs bedroom lol.
well I do have to take a break from eating, playing with cars and watching TV lol.

• Moderators
well I do have to take a break from eating, playing with cars and watching TV lol.

Game room is theater and maybe a card table. I can't convince my wife to let me get a pool table. I don't even play cards (well).

• Moderators

Since this started off as a design my garage thread and not watch me build my house...

How should I decorate this monster? My parents got me a bad ass "Hot Rod Garage" V8 shaped neon sign for Christmas that is going to be right at home in the workshop area. My in-laws also got me a 24" LEDTV that is pretty awesome for hooking my laptop up to for YouTube instructions lol, but now I have DirecTV in the new garage! I am on the lookout for a decent BF Goodrich banner or two, but don't know of any other cool banners. I'd love a CJPP or LMR banner since they've sold me half the parts for my two cars.

Since this started off as a design my garage thread and not watch me build my house...

How should I decorate this monster? My parents got me a bad ass "Hot Rod Garage" V8 shaped neon sign for Christmas that is going to be right at home in the workshop area. My in-laws also got me a 24" LEDTV that is pretty awesome for hooking my laptop up to for YouTube instructions lol, but now I have DirecTV in the new garage! I am on the lookout for a decent BF Goodrich banner or two, but don't know of any other cool banners. I'd love a CJPP or LMR banner since they've sold me half the parts for my two cars.

I'll see if we have any old banners laying around and see what i can do about getting it out to you.

• Moderators
I'll see if we have any old banners laying around and see what i can do about getting it out to you.

That would be so awesome! It will be front and center!

Anytime y'all have old banners laying around or going to the dump, send them my way!

Tapatalk made me do it!

• Moderators

More updates! Stucco is done and drywall is textured. However, they still haven't fished my HDMI cable out of the wall so I am still pissed about that.

19b8856.jpg

The entryway/foyer - dining room to the left:

19b8856.jpg

The view from the kitchen - living room on left, entry on right:

19b8856.jpg

Upstairs game room/theater:

19b8856.jpg

And the piece de resistance, the garage!:

19b8856.jpg

• Moderators
yep it's final I'm moving lol
i'll live in the little side garageee. please and thanks!

There's always room at the in. The side garage is going to be the workshop once I get the lift. Plenty of room for tools, engine stand, and a work area for a car.

wow chris this is looking nice man! congrats to you and your wife! guys gotta be ecstatic!

You have no idea after living in a townhouse with my brother-in-law and our two dogs and all our boxes of crap around the house. I'm a high-class hobo.

• Moderators

Went by Saturday since I had to pack yesterday to leave town (in Cincinnati for the week if anyone is nearby). They had all the walls textured, the baseboards installed, and the stair railing installed. The only picture worthy item is the stair railing. Originally, we were supposed to have this stained a darker brown, which neither of us was thrilled about since we are installing some driftwood colored floors. The piece of wood they used for the railing was beautiful and will match the floors really nicely. Our superintendent is really cool and agreed to just seal the railing instead of stain it. The painters are there already working on the interior and I think the exterior as well.

19b8856.jpg

My wife will kill me, but this is just funny. The front door really makes her look short!

19b8856.jpg

• Moderators
Hell I think that door would make Tony look short lol. Ok maybe not.

It is an 8ft door, and the ceilings are 20ft at that point I think. He might look short lol.

• Moderators

Tried to post this Friday, but Topify was giving me trouble. Big updates! We're on the September closing schedule too... thank God we can move out of the townhouse. My car got towed out of visitor parking for expired tags while I was out of town on business last week. That was fun to come back to.

Exterior is painted and awaiting stone (which should be today since the stone was sitting in the "yard" waiting):

19b8856.jpg

Garage almost done:

19b8856.jpg

Dining Room:

19b8856.jpg

Kitchen and Living Room:

19b8856.jpg

Kitchen:

19b8856.jpg

Tried to post this Friday, but Topify was giving me trouble. Big updates! We're on the September closing schedule too... thank God we can move out of the townhouse. My car got towed out of visitor parking for expired tags while I was out of town on business last week. That was fun to come back to.

Exterior is painted and awaiting stone (which should be today since the stone was sitting in the "yard" waiting):

19b8856.jpg

Garage almost done:

19b8856.jpg

Dining Room:

19b8856.jpg

Kitchen and Living Room:

19b8856.jpg

Kitchen:

19b8856.jpg

Looks awesome Chris!!! I can't imagine how excited you are!

• Moderators
Looks awesome Chris!!! I can't imagine how excited you are!

You have no idea! I'm not excited about all the empty space and having to spend tons of money to fill it... but I am really excited for my cars to have their own place, especially since my X5 got towed from the townhouse this week while I was out of town. I can almost see the Mustangs on the lift and the motor out of the 95!

Stone should be up soon, and the granite installed as well. I can't wait to see the granite; we picked out some really cool stuff for the island in the kitchen.

• Moderators
Looks absolutely awesome man!

Thanks! We have a couple minor grievances to sort out with the builder, but it's really coming along. I can't wait to move in and get started on ripping out the floors and bathrooms since the builder charges so much. Wish I could see the look on the neighbors' faces when I gut a brand new house.

• Moderators

As of Friday before I left on vacation...

I have a driveway!

19b8856.jpg

Granite and tile floors are installed (can't wait to rent a jackhammer and get rid of the tile):

19b8856.jpg

19b8856.jpg

As of yesterday afternoon, the island in the kitchen is broken:

19b8856.jpg

• Moderators
So much up sprinkled witha little down :/ bummer snout the island. Construction guys fault?

Posted via Topify using Android

No idea. The super said it wasn't broken when he left. We got there about 5:30 yesterday afternoon, so it happened in a window of a few hours. I'm sure they'll get it fixed. It just sucks because my wife and I picked that piece of stone specifically for the island. I'm hoping we'll get to re-pick out all new slabs so the whole kitchen matches (and in a McWorld, they let me keep the old stuff so I can put it in the laundry room or pantry).

I've already started writing stuff down for final inspection since my dad is having surgery next week and won't be able to come and now my friend who has been without a job just accepted an offer and probably won't be able to come. I need a second set of super anal retentive eyes.

nice house!

Thanks! This thread was supposed to be about the garage, oh well. One day soon we'll start seeing some garage pics!

ermahgerd I love this place!!!

Your bathroom:

19b8856.jpg

I wish I could see the neighbors faces when I start gutting a brand new house.

I think we need a walkthrough with video of this house. Place looks awesome!

I tried doing one, but the iPhone doesn't really capture what's going on. Maybe when the house is done, a video will work better.

Edited by Psychorugby

• Moderators
yeah I need a Jacuzzi tub and a stand up show with benches and shower heads that are part of the wall and shooting from all three walls. don't ask lol.

I don't even have that in my room :smiley_sad:

19b8856.jpg